wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages<1234>»
Low End Housing: High Risk, High Return
kazee
#21 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2014 12:12:03 PM

obiero wrote:
anyone with sample architectural plans for a studio apartment please share here..

Let me share an advert i posted juzi on OLX. Hope it won't get deleted.

Bedsitters letting
obiero
#22 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2014 7:00:08 PM

@tokyo @mic_mic @kazee thanks.. will also try share the plans I have for public good

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#23 Posted : Saturday, February 07, 2015 9:17:44 AM

whats new at the low end?? any guys with projects using EPS from NHC?? how affordable is that technology..

Mariacha
#24 Posted : Saturday, February 07, 2015 4:54:30 PM

kazee wrote:
obiero wrote:
anyone with sample architectural plans for a studio apartment please share here..

Bedsitters letting

wow, those bedsittes are quite something. the two burners are a very good idea. i have noted that idea down. Infact i will go and check them out, and probably get the plan too.
@Obiero, when do we expect to see the plan images from you?
the warmer the blankets, the colder the future
obiero
#25 Posted : Saturday, February 07, 2015 6:21:05 PM

Mariacha wrote:
kazee wrote:
obiero wrote:

Bedsitters letting

wow, those bedsittes are quite something. the two burners are a very good idea. i have noted that idea down. Infact i will go and check them out, and probably get the plan too.

I borrow heavily from this floor plan www.unastl.org/wp-conten...artment-design-plans.jpg

kaifastus
#26 Posted : Saturday, February 07, 2015 8:37:06 PM

obiero wrote:
Mariacha wrote:
kazee wrote:
obiero wrote:

Bedsitters letting

I borrow heavily from this floor plan www.unastl.org/wp-conten...artment-design-plans.jpg

@ Obiero,why dont you just go for i bedroomed units? those bedsitters (from your link) have too many partitions...
obiero
#27 Posted : Saturday, February 07, 2015 9:12:04 PM

kaifastus wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mariacha wrote:
kazee wrote:
obiero wrote:

Bedsitters letting

@ Obiero,why dont you just go for i bedroomed units? those bedsitters (from your link) have too many partitions...

Thanks @kaifastus.. Some ammendment was already made. With the storage room being removed, so as to enable plumbing to be shared between kitchen and cloak room. My units are being put up in Ogembo, Kisii where a bedsitter appears as the best bet

african coloner
#28 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 1:38:41 AM

kazee wrote:
obiero wrote:

Bedsitters letting

Where did you buy those gas burners and at how much? Very noble idea
Jodaco
#29 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 5:34:09 AM

obiero wrote:
kaifastus wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mariacha wrote:
kazee wrote:
obiero wrote:

Bedsitters letting

Thanks @kaifastus.. Some ammendment was already made. With the storage room being removed, so as to enable plumbing to be shared between kitchen and cloak room. My units are being put up in Ogembo, Kisii where a bedsitter appears as the best bet

Do you know of any suppliers of ready mix concrete in Kisii town?
obiero
#30 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 7:57:40 AM

Jodaco wrote:
obiero wrote:
kaifastus wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mariacha wrote:
kazee wrote:
obiero wrote:

Bedsitters letting

I have not yet scanned, but wit the rate of construction, I am sure there must be one

Rahatupu
#31 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 11:19:09 AM

obiero wrote:
Jodaco wrote:
obiero wrote:
kaifastus wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mariacha wrote:
kazee wrote:
obiero wrote:

Bedsitters letting

I have not yet scanned, but wit the rate of construction, I am sure there must be one

My bet and experience seems inclined to the concept of optimal location even for bedsitter types. For instance in Embakassi-Pipeline areas. The cost of land is way up but the returns are also very good. Look at Imara Daima area, where mido class newbies pay over 20,000 for one bedroomed units, crazy returns as well. If you go down to Dandora, the costs could be relatively lower (save for administration costs).
Tbags
#32 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 12:44:09 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Jodaco wrote:
obiero wrote:
kaifastus wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mariacha wrote:
kazee wrote:
obiero wrote:

Bedsitters letting

My bet and experience seems inclined to the concept of optimal location even for bedsitter types. For instance in Embakassi-Pipeline areas. The cost of land is way up but the returns are also very good. Look at Imara Daima area, where mido class newbies pay over 20,000 for one bedroomed units, crazy returns as well. If you go down to Dandora, the costs could be relatively lower (save for administration costs).

This is one of the best investments today.Though high as many people have noted but the returns are very high and ROI is very short as compared to High end areas.I also like the thinking of this guy;

Answer to Slum problem lies in Flats
popat
#33 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:37:58 AM

I've just finished 40 units of bedsitters in Kahawa Wendani.With just usual finishes.Nothing fancy like shower mixers and cookers.You'll not belief it. am getting 10k per unit and they are all fully occupied.Location as earlier mentioned is the key determinant.
Bigchick
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:52:55 AM

popat wrote:
I've just finished 40 units of bedsitters in Kahawa Wendani.With just usual finishes.Nothing fancy like shower mixers and cookers.You'll not belief it. am getting 10k per unit and they are all fully occupied.Location as earlier mentioned is the key determinant.

Well done.Applause Applause Applause

How much did the project cost you?Minus cost of land.

ION:-Are you married,if yes do you want a second,third or nth wife.

I have a "friend" who is available and can help you eat the rentsmile smile
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Robinhood
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 12:24:43 PM

Bigchick wrote:
popat wrote:

@Popat - we are keen to hear about the cost of construction per unit
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
butterflyke
#36 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 1:42:52 PM

kazee wrote:
obiero wrote:

Bedsitters letting

Well done @ kazee. You thought about optimal of space, your tenants convenience and your investments Applause

Share the details of the two burners please
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Rahatupu
#37 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 5:37:33 PM

Bigchick wrote:
popat wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
obiero
#38 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 7:26:34 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
popat wrote:

eish. popat.. thats a huge project. congratulations. are u related to the one and only popat

Jodaco
#39 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:47:19 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
popat wrote:

Congrats popat! I'd be glad to know the following:

1. Total floor area of the units

2. Approximate construction cost including for water, power, store, security and transport

3. Proportion of labour cost to the overall cost

Alternatively, if you could provide the cost/m2, that'd be great for benchmarking.

Bigchick
#40 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:53:34 AM

Rahatupu wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
popat wrote:

Ok @Popat.....have removed my "friend" from yhe scene.

Please share some details.

Am keen on foundation costs,room size,cost per room or per sqm

And once again good jobApplause Applause Applause
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.