wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Online or Distance Learning MBA
lovenuffs
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:23:09 PM

Hi Wazuans, Just wanted to know if there is anyone who has more information on Online or Distance Learning MBA programme with a Kenyan University. Basically what am looking for is an MBA programme which is comfortable, because i can not be able to attend classes. And i can only be able to sit exams (in the case of distance learning) quarterly.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
butterflyke
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:43:50 PM

lovenuffs wrote:
Hi Wazuans, Just wanted to know if there is anyone who has more information on Online or Distance Learning MBA programme with a Kenyan University. Basically what am looking for is an MBA programme which is comfortable, because i can not be able to attend classes. And i can only be able to sit exams (in the case of distance learning) quarterly.

roho safi:

we can = we are able to
we cannot = we are not able to

so using both is redundant

good luck with the search smile
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
nakujua
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:06:00 PM

lovenuffs wrote:

all kenyan universities have one or the other - ile najua ni ya kenyatta university, you register and then they give you access to some reading material via a portal, only a few guys know how to log in and download and they end up forwarding the notes to all other guys.

then after some time you make arrangements with some of the lecturers and you meet hapo ex telecoms, anawapatia mwakenya then he expects you pay them something which after you refuse he threatens to fails you all, you then pay up.

at some points you go to the main campus and sit some exams which almost all pass, and after 2 years you get your paper. smile
Swenani
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:32:32 PM

nakujua wrote:
lovenuffs wrote:

all kenyan universities have one or the other - ile najua ni ya kenyatta university, you register and then they give you access to some reading material via a portal, only a few guys know how to log in and download and they end up forwarding the notes to all other guys.

then after some time you make arrangements with some of the lecturers and you meet hapo ex telecoms, anawapatia mwakenya then he expects you pay them something which after you refuse he threatens to fails you all, you then pay up.

at some points you go to the main campus and sit some exams which almost all pass, and after 2 years you get your paper. smile

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Rollout
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:06:49 AM

nakujua wrote:
lovenuffs wrote:

Can anyone have like 3 mba with this arrangement? I love it. why should anyone even think of going to class if something like this exist?

If someone score over a B in highschool and they want to end up being a CFO, I Think college should only teach two subjects, 1. Excel and 2. atmost 3 financial topics..... college is BS if you ask me.
guru267
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:44:10 AM

Rollout wrote:
college is BS if you ask me.

So says the one who dropped out!
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
webish
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:24:12 AM

guru267 wrote:
Rollout wrote:

smile

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
lovenuffs
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:12:35 PM

butterflyke wrote:
lovenuffs wrote:

roho safi:

we can = we are able to

Noted.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
lovenuffs
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:16:59 PM

Rollout wrote:
nakujua wrote:
lovenuffs wrote:

Can anyone have like 3 mba with this arrangement? I love it. why should anyone even think of going to class if something like this exist?

If someone score over a B in highschool and they want to end up being a CFO, I Think college should only teach two subjects, 1. Excel and 2. atmost 3 financial topics..... college is BS if you ask me.

At the end of the day we all want to make it in life. So if u can make it without college well and good. Its not a walk in the park anyway.
Rollout
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:48:58 PM

guru267 wrote:
Rollout wrote:

Add me on that drop out list! How's your journey to being Goldman Sachs CEO, I remember that what you said you were gonna be? Time is running out, you should be president of a business segnment by now!
karqui
#11 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 9:30:56 AM

Swenani wrote:
nakujua wrote:
lovenuffs wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

this happens for real.Pray Pray Pray Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Gordon Gekko
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:03:30 PM

lovenuffs wrote:
butterflyke wrote:
lovenuffs wrote:

roho safi:

we can = we are able to

Noted.

Also note that a sentence can't start with the word 'And' as you have done in your last sentence. Will you be able to wesmake on the thesis?
nakujua
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:48:37 PM

karqui wrote:
Swenani wrote:
nakujua wrote:
lovenuffs wrote:

this happens for real.Pray Pray Pray Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

naaaa - it happens in the fictitious college education world, where getting papers means more than whatever is shoved between ones ears - but for real online/ distance mba are real, and one gets a papers thats the same as the guys who sit in class every evening after stealing their employers time. smile
newfarer
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:01:18 PM

www.eduniversal-ranking....dership-sbl-details.html

try UNISA at KIM for quality

I would go for online!

more realtime and you can get personal touch with your lecturer who can be miles away. in ideal situation you get almost the same content with those physically present in the lecture halls.

not sure if there is a serious online higher education provider in Kenya if AVU is as corrupt as stated earlier in the thread by Nakujua
punda amecheka
MaichBlack
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:12:11 PM

I have issues with online degrees. If everyone was disciplined and honest then it could [almost] work. But as it is, online degrees are simply turning Universities in to Degree mills [Google that!]. People who don't even have any business being in those 10th floor 'Aviation' colleges enroll, have other people do their [online] CATs and assignments and finally sit for a watered down exam [simplified for online/distance learning students] and finally get their papers after some fellow does their thesis. Personally, I would never knowingly hire an 'online graduate' if there was a 'lecture attending' graduate available. Why? See next paragraph...

Why did I say if everyone was disciplined and honest it could ALMOST work? Because you can't compare class sessions with read material. Take MBA for example, you need case studies that should be discussed at length - the same way we discuss different issues in Wazua. There is no way you can capture these in some downloaded notes!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:18:49 PM

@lovenuffs - There are a number of Universities that offer weekend classes - whole day Saturday and Sunday - for masters. Would that work for you? And stick to public universities. The circus in private universities [with an exception of two] is worse by a country mile!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
newfarer
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:23:20 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
I have issues with online degrees. If everyone was disciplined and honest then it could [almost] work. But as it is, online degrees are simply turning Universities in to Degree mills [Google that!]. People who don't even have any business being in those 10th floor 'Aviation' colleges enroll, have other people do their [online] CATs and assignments and finally sit for a watered down exam [simplified for online/distance learning students] and finally get their papers after some fellow does their thesis. Personally, I would never knowingly hire an 'online graduate' if there was a 'lecture attending' graduate available. Why? See next paragraph...

Why did I say if everyone was disciplined and honest it could ALMOST work? Because you can't compare class sessions with read material. Take MBA for example, you need case studies that should be discussed at length - the same way we discuss different issues in Wazua. There is no way you can capture these in some downloaded notes!

multi media university had one success story in partnership with a south African university. they were providing administration while the south African university provided the lectures.

the program went on for about 5 years but greed on our side brought it down.
I know afew oft quoted professionals who passed through this program and they don't seem halfbaked

lecturers would come to Kenya and do the students selection.

after paying the students would get login details.

they get notes and a timetable with the semester course work.

student would attend online classes directly from SA through online chats at a time set in the timetable.the lecturer and students could see all present in the class and students would participate just as normal class.

exams were done at multimedia university.

students were also grouped for discussions.

punda amecheka
MaichBlack
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:37:29 PM

Rollout wrote:

Very sad!!!

But of course it depends with the kind of business you want to go into. If you want to be getting sand from mlolongo and selling the same in Nairobi, you will do just fine. But for some businesses, you need an education - and a good one at that!
Lolest!
#19 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 12:26:16 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Rollout wrote:

Very sad!!!

But of course it depends with the kind of business you want to go into. If you want to be getting sand from mlolongo and selling the same in Nairobi, you will do just fine. But for some businesses, you need an education - and a good one at that!

weeh, @rollout works with a Fortune 500 company in New York

Claims he earns serious $$

Thought he was an 'investment expert' but I could be wrong. Maybe he's a shirandula
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
MaichBlack
#20 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 1:39:56 PM

Lolest! wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Rollout wrote:

Very sad!!!

weeh, @rollout works with a Fortune 500 company in New York

Claims he earns serious $$

Thought he was an 'investment expert' but I could be wrong. Maybe he's a shirandula

Fortune 500? Investment expert? And no college education? Now that is BS!!!