wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages123>»
UEFA Champions League 2014/15
KulaRaha
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:02:13 AM

Hmmm....not such a good start by Gunners, was it?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
McReggae
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:12:24 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Hmmm....not such a good start by Gunners, was it?

Besikitas maintained their record in qualifiers as that of Arseno crushed!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
smano
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:01:16 AM

Unfortunately Arsenal will win easily at Emirates. The consequences of lack of qualification would be too immense to bear for goons...

Na hio Super cup came at midnight so watching it was out of the question with this cold...
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
TAZ
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:24:37 AM

The only positive thing from last night's performance was Callum Chambers' performance, this kid is actually quite good....he's proving to be our signing of the summer so far!
kaka2za
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:46:39 AM

In real terms, Arsenal have added only one player -Sanchez.All others are replacements :Ospina for Fabianski, Chambers for TV5 and Deb for Sagna. Actually you can argue Sanchez replaced Bendtner while Chambers replaced Djorou too.
Hope Le Boss does some business because that squad has too many central attacking midfielders.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
TAZ
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:14:47 AM

kaka2za wrote:
In real terms, Arsenal have added only one player -Sanchez.All others are replacements :Ospina for Fabianski, Chambers for TV5 and Deb for Sagna. Actually you can argue Sanchez replaced Bendtner while Chambers replaced Djorou too.
Hope Le Boss does some business because that squad has too many central attacking midfielders.

I still insist that Wenger doesn't need to buy another striker, he can convert one of the attacking midfielders into a forward.....he has done it before with Henry and RVP! I think Sanchez is a good candidate, his has all the attributes of a good centre forward. He's powerful and creative.

"His play is very much like a centre-forward – in fact in some ways his style of play is more like a striker than a winger. He rarely runs to the by-line and prefers to come inside off the flank and when he receives the ball to feet, he runs at defenders and has the ambition and drive to beat players and work a shot at goal. He is exceptionally fast, yet strong despite his 5ft7” frame, and he is one of the most technically skilful players in the world with the ball at his feet."

We have enough wingers so pushing Sanchez through the middle will not affect our play.

Why Playing Alexis Sanchez as a Central Striker Makes Perfect Sense for Arsenal
freiks
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:40:37 AM

For 90+ minutes, Giroud didnt make a single complete pass nor did he control a single pass to him, that was really wastage of other players in the team, thought we could see Campbell
Life is an endless adventure
nakujua
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:19:28 PM

TAZ wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

I still insist that Wenger doesn't need to buy another striker, he can convert one of the attacking midfielders into a forward.....he has done it before with Henry and RVP! I think Sanchez is a good candidate, his has all the attributes of a good centre forward. He's powerful and creative.

"His play is very much like a centre-forward – in fact in some ways his style of play is more like a striker than a winger. He rarely runs to the by-line and prefers to come inside off the flank and when he receives the ball to feet, he runs at defenders and has the ambition and drive to beat players and work a shot at goal. He is exceptionally fast, yet strong despite his 5ft7” frame, and he is one of the most technically skilful players in the world with the ball at his feet."

We have enough wingers so pushing Sanchez through the middle will not affect our play.

Why Playing Alexis Sanchez as a Central Striker Makes Perfect Sense for Arsenal

wewe @taz ni ka wenger, he just believes that what most other people point out is for lack of a better word crap smile - I don't know why he doesn't just go out and get a proper striker he has the cash.

giroud and sonogo are useless, and the team has too many similar type attacking midfield players (which wenger seems to be in love with) - that said why on earth does he leave the ox on the bench, and which coach would start with sonogo instead of campbel
TAZ
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:19:29 PM

@Nakujua...I think you probably misunderstood my post, why i meant was that Arsenal do not need to invest in another forward because i think they already have someone who can slot into that position perfectly. The thing is Players such as Mandzukic, Lewandoski and Benzema are a bit similar to Giroud....as target men they don't necessarily fit into Arsenal's system of play.

Arsenal players who are supposed to be wingers operate more like wide playmakers, Giroud only gets occasional crosses from the full-backs. The team usually players intricate passes around the 18-yard box which mostly suits players such as Sanchez, Ramsey, Poldi or even Walcott.

If we had the kawaida wingers who just run and cross then i would support the idea of signing another target man but at the moment almost all our midfielders are playmakers who would rather cut across the pitch and play a killer pass than cross the ball from the flank.

IMO, Giroud should have been replaced by Ox last night because he was ineffective and Sanchez pushed through the middle....
kaka2za
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:56:45 PM

By the time Sanchez comes good, Ozil will be off to Bayern, Ramsey to Madrid and the squad will need another rebuilding.
Took six seasons for RVP to develop so Sanchez will be good in 2020!
Did anybody see how he was brushed away by Hangeland on Sat? Midget CFs don't make it in EPL unless you are Aguero.
(James Russell Rowell)
TAZ
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:52:17 PM

kaka2za wrote:
By the time Sanchez comes good, Ozil will be off to Bayern, Ramsey to Madrid and the squad will need another rebuilding.
Took six seasons for RVP to develop so Sanchez will be good in 2020!
Did anybody see how he was brushed away by Hangeland on Sat? Midget CFs don't make it in EPL unless you are Aguero.

Eduardo, Tevez, Zola, Owen etc have all succeeded.....btw L'pool wanted to make Sanchez a direct replacement for Suarez. Anyway its quite clear that Giroud is useless but Arsenal have never really had a problem scoring goals, you can fault Giroud and Sanogo for missing clear cut chances in certain games but fact is come end of the season we are usually one of the top scorers in the league. IMO i don't think things will be different this season.

Our biggest headache has always been dealing with the defensive issues especially at the middle. Arteta and Flamini are simply not good enough especially against the big boys, our priority should be a quality DM....we've never found a replacement for Viera!

I wouldn't mind at all if we managed to sign a CF and a DM! smile
nakujua
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:10:02 PM

TAZ wrote:
@Nakujua...I think you probably misunderstood my post, why i meant was that Arsenal do not need to invest in another forward because i think they already have someone who can slot into that position perfectly. The thing is Players such as Mandzukic, Lewandoski and Benzema are a bit similar to Giroud....as target men they don't necessarily fit into Arsenal's system of play.

Arsenal players who are supposed to be wingers operate more like wide playmakers, Giroud only gets occasional crosses from the full-backs. The team usually players intricate passes around the 18-yard box which mostly suits players such as Sanchez, Ramsey, Poldi or even Walcott.

If we had the kawaida wingers who just run and cross then i would support the idea of signing another target man but at the moment almost all our midfielders are playmakers who would rather cut across the pitch and play a killer pass than cross the ball from the flank.

IMO, Giroud should have been replaced by Ox last night because he was ineffective and Sanchez pushed through the middle....

agree, but I still think wenger is too stubborn - and so far he has a fascination with sonogo and giroud, maybe there is something he sees in them that will come good soon - lakini for now itakuwa ngumu, and I dont get why the two start ahead of the ox, i would rather use him as a striker than those two.

I thought sanchez was quick, maybe at barca due to their slow build ups he seemed fast, but I noticed he is struggling with pace, he is not at par with say the ox or theo when it comes to speed.

hope theo comes back sooner, otherwise naona shida
kaka2za
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:54:21 PM

Sanago wouldn't make it to starting lineup of any other team in the top half of the table.
There might be some raw talent in there but he is not ready. IMO, Chuba Akpom is better but unfortunately he is not French.
(James Russell Rowell)
KulaRaha
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:23:21 AM

At least Gunners made it...barely. Thats GBP25M in the pocket!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
maka
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:54:37 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
At least Gunners made it...barely. Thats GBP25M in the pocket!

Jana was baaaaadddd pressure galore,I had kazad everything,but God is surely good,he saw us through...
possunt quia posse videntur
kaka2za
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:17:53 PM

Now we know Jack Wilshere and Ramsey should never play together.
Jack put in a great shift last night. Ozil appears not to care.
(James Russell Rowell)
maka
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:22:58 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Now we know Jack Wilshere and Ramsey should never play together.
Jack put in a great shift last night. Ozil appears not to care.

But it waznt all good,he had misplaced passes for long periods during game...then out of nowhere he amazingly improved.
possunt quia posse videntur
Angelica _ann
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:46:40 PM

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW.

Group A: Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Olympiacos, Malmo.

Group B: Real Madrid, Basel, Liverpool, Ludogorets.

Group C: Benfica, Zenit, Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco.

Group D: Arsenal, Dortmund, Galatasaray, Anderlecht.

Group E: Bayern Munich, Manchester City, CSKA, Roma.

Group F: Barcelona, PSG, Ajax, Apoel.

Group G: Chelsea, Schalke, Sporting, Maribor.

Group H: Porto, Shakhtar, Athletic Bilbao, BATE Borisov..
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
freiks
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:08:00 PM

E and F worthy watching, we at arsenal wish all fans a pleasant viewing
Life is an endless adventure
kaka2za
#20 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 7:35:13 AM

Arsenal to meet BVB for the 3rd consecutive season! Then if they finish 2nd they meet Bayern.
It is becoming too predictable.
(James Russell Rowell)