Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages«<7891011>
Beware: They are coming for you!!!
Iganamagana
#161 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:24:55 PM

McReggae wrote:
Buster wrote:
McReggae wrote:
My methods of dealing with NTSA are at 90%!!!

Share...

Some are suicidal!!!

Please share.
maka
#162 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:27:53 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Buster wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Share...

Some are suicidal!!!

Please share.

Like out pace them?I doubt...Ford ranger....and they are getting souped up Ford explorers interceptors....
possunt quia posse videntur
wilyum
#163 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:29:22 PM

Tebes wrote:
20 More speed guns and more alcobrow testing kits; and 30 more bellies in blue uniforms added to the country's roads.

How can one beat these speed guns. On another note, I was once told that I was doing 115 when I was aware they were on the road and had been doing no more than 90km/hr. I believe they sometimes want to intimidate road users into giving away bribes....

get a speed gun detector, i acquired one recently and its working perfectly.
Othelo
#164 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:31:42 PM

wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:
20 More speed guns and more alcobrow testing kits; and 30 more bellies in blue uniforms added to the country's roads.

How can one beat these speed guns. On another note, I was once told that I was doing 115 when I was aware they were on the road and had been doing no more than 90km/hr. I believe they sometimes want to intimidate road users into giving away bribes....

Get a gun. If they stop you, you surprise them first, before they arrest you.
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Speculz
#165 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:38:48 PM

wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Really?Where? price?
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
Tebes
#166 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:42:42 PM

wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

At what cost?

The better way out is to travel in the evenings as dusk approaches by then they have collected enough loot and are rushing away to put away their loot. Have done so and have not been stopped for long.

Also, always ask if traveling long distance, from psv matatus. They are always cooperative to share info on the blue belly boys.
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
wilyum
#167 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:52:48 PM

Speculz wrote:
wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Really?Where? price?

yes, get in touch wilyumv at gmail, will direct you, @13k
wilyum
#168 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:54:24 PM

Tebes wrote:
wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

At what cost?

The better way out is to travel in the evenings as dusk approaches by then they have collected enough loot and are rushing away to put away their loot. Have done so and have not been stopped for long.

Also, always ask if traveling long distance, from psv matatus. They are always cooperative to share info on the blue belly boys.

@13k
McReggae
#169 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 11:37:09 PM

maka wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Buster wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Share...

Some are suicidal!!!

Please share.

Like out pace them?I doubt...Ford ranger....and they are getting souped up Ford explorers interceptors....

Wale wa alcoblow do not follow people, you might also consider travelling on a white dust coat and stethoscope on your neck when on the high ways!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
seppuku
#170 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 7:50:27 AM

Speculz wrote:
wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Really?Where? price?

I've got one too that shipped with my car. It usually detects the guns (with occasional false positives). But it is not 100% effective. You are basically counting on detecting them before they detect you - which is not an exact science. I've been arrested once on the Nairobi - Nakuru highway in spite of the device. As a matter of fact it never detects anything on that route, yet it detects several here in the city, including on Waiyaki way. A jammer is a much better defense, but it is more expensive and illegal in many countries anyway. I suspect Kenyan cops would generally be non the wiser though.
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
Muheani
#171 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 7:58:28 AM

seppuku wrote:
Speculz wrote:
wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Really?Where? price?

I've got one too that shipped with my car. It usually detects the guns (with occasional false positives). But it is not 100% effective. You are basically counting on detecting them before they detect you - which is not an exact science. I've been arrested once on the Nairobi - Nakuru highway in spite of the device. As a matter of fact it never detects anything on that route, yet it detects several here in the city, including on Waiyaki way. A jammer is a much better defense, but it is more expensive and illegal in many countries anyway. I suspect Kenyan cops would generally be non the wiser though.

All this trouble just to drive above legal speed limits?:d'oh! d'oh! Waafrika wenzangu!!!
mkenyan
#172 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 8:30:13 AM

Muheani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Speculz wrote:
wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Really?Where? price?

All this trouble just to drive above legal speed limits?:d'oh! d'oh! Waafrika wenzangu!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Pray Pray
Speculz
#173 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 8:40:47 AM

Muheani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Speculz wrote:
wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Really?Where? price?

Try keeping to 50kph as you exit forest road onto thika road at pangani, and most likely they are hiding at the bridge , its impossible.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
wilyum
#174 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 9:25:06 AM

Muheani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Speculz wrote:
wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Really?Where? price?

@muheani, how do you drive to mombasa @80kph.?

there are even higher chances of you dosing off esp . with these automatic cars and causing even more accidents while doing low speeds.

Euge
#175 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 9:42:22 AM

Iganamagana wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Buster wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Share...

Some are suicidal!!!

Please share.

Do the speed cops produce a print out with car reg. no, speed, date and time? if not, they could be taking advantage of kenyans
Lord, thank you!
Swenani
#176 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 9:57:08 AM

wilyum wrote:
Muheani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Speculz wrote:
wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Really?Where? price?

@muheani, how do you drive to mombasa @80kph.?

there are even higher chances of you dosing off esp . with these automatic cars and causing even more accidents while doing low speeds.

Why would you drive to mombasa with a lorry,trailer or pick up?

I think 100KM on our highways is reasonable speed
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
seppuku
#177 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 4:57:06 PM

mkenyan wrote:
Muheani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Speculz wrote:
wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Really?Where? price?

Well, I don't think you should just blindly follow the law. The 50 kph limit on Waiyaki way for instance is absolute nonsense. Why does it start at Uthiru and not at Kangemi? Or Mountainview? Or Kinoo? Or Muthiga? Surely all these areas are equally busy in terms of vehicular and pedestrian (crossing) traffic. Do people North of Uthiru not deserve "protection from speeding drivers"?

That being said, I am not particularly ashamed to admit that I sometimes drive well in excess of generally reasonable speed limits if I consider it safe to do so. If you want to argue with that, consider that in some countries, they have variable speed limits on certain roads. What does that tell you about religiously respecting speed limits under all circumstances?

Sasa tupeni mawe. smile smile smile
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
Atalaku
#178 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 5:00:55 PM

seppuku wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
Muheani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Speculz wrote:
wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Really?Where? price?

Well, I don't think you should just blindly follow the law. The 50 kph limit on Waiyaki way for instance is absolute nonsense. Why does it start at Uthiru and not at Kangemi? Or Mountainview? Or Kinoo? Or Muthiga? Surely all these areas are equally busy in terms of vehicular and pedestrian (crossing) traffic. Do people south of Uthiru not deserve "protection from speeding drivers"?

That being said, I am not particularly ashamed to admit that I sometimes drive well in excess of generally reasonable speed limits if I consider it safe to do so. If you want to argue with that, consider that in some countries, they have variable speed limits on certain roads. What does that tell you about religiously respecting speed limits under all circumstances?

It is complete nonsense to ask motorists to drive at 50kph just after Museum/forest road...
washiku
#179 Posted : Friday, March 06, 2015 3:22:35 PM

McReggae wrote:
maka wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Buster wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Share...

Some are suicidal!!!

Please share.

Wale wa alcoblow do not follow people, you might also consider travelling on a white dust coat and stethoscope on your neck when on the high ways!!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly You are funny. Then you will tell the cops you are answering an emergency call? By the way, must it be white?

Swenani
#180 Posted : Friday, March 06, 2015 3:52:34 PM

Atalaku wrote:
seppuku wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
Muheani wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Speculz wrote:
wilyum wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Really?Where? price?

Well, I don't think you should just blindly follow the law. The 50 kph limit on Waiyaki way for instance is absolute nonsense. Why does it start at Uthiru and not at Kangemi? Or Mountainview? Or Kinoo? Or Muthiga? Surely all these areas are equally busy in terms of vehicular and pedestrian (crossing) traffic. Do people south of Uthiru not deserve "protection from speeding drivers"?

It is complete nonsense to ask motorists to drive at 50kph just after Museum/forest road...

Its also complete nonsense to drive at 120 kms when your car's stopping distance is 200Metres

Quote:
Remember a 5km/h difference in your speed could be the difference between life and death for a vulnerable road user like a pedestrian.
Hit by a car at 60km/h, 9 out of 10 pedestrians will be killed.
Hit by a car at 50km/h, 5 out of 10 of pedestrians will be killed.
Hit by a car at 30km/h, 1 out of 10 pedestrians will be killed.
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?