wazua Thu, May 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages«<56789>»
Beware: They are coming for you!!!
Um Sayala
#121 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 10:01:42 AM

mburuke wrote:
good people they are on thika road on ur way from town. i guess the speed gun must be somewhere in muthaiga but the cops are at the survey bumbs.

Boss, for how long have you been in Form 1?
"Peace is our profession, War is our business" ...Unknown
McReggae
#122 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:44:30 AM

I understand the courts have overturned the 50kph and inspection. Somebody confirm!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Speculz
#123 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:54:00 AM

McReggae wrote:
I understand the courts have overturned the 50kph and inspection. Somebody confirm!

Court Ruling , yet I see they are still nabbing people ..contempt?
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
Swenani
#124 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:17:15 PM

Speculz wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Court Ruling , yet I see they are still nabbing people ..contempt?

Temporarily stopped pending hearing on 7th Nov.Annual inspection and online DL renewal also stopped
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Runner
#125 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 11:26:03 AM

I understand that NTSA is now erecting the speed limit sign posts. Where have the sign posts been sighted so far? Have sign posts that mark the end of the speed limit restrictions been sighted as well?
Carthage
#126 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 11:38:32 AM

On Waiyaki way just before Kabete Police station
McReggae
#127 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 12:21:52 PM

Carthage wrote:
On Waiyaki way just before Kabete Police station

They got the thing gazette so watasumbua sana!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Speculz
#128 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 12:22:36 PM

Three questions

1. How do we, the meek citizens know that those speed guns are calibrated correctly?

2. Do the current hand held speed guns actually take the picture of your plate as it clocks your speed?

3. Does operating a speed gun require training?

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
ZZE123
#129 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 12:37:59 PM

Runner wrote:
I understand that NTSA is now erecting the speed limit sign posts. Where have the sign posts been sighted so far? Have sign posts that mark the end of the speed limit restrictions been sighted as well?

Two huge ones on Mombasa road into town just before Cabanas
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
kiash
#130 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 1:30:02 PM

Bigchick
#131 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 2:01:16 PM

Speculz wrote:
Three questions

1. How do we, the meek citizens know that those speed guns are calibrated correctly?

2. Do the current hand held speed guns actually take the picture of your plate as it clocks your speed?

My very question.

Last week I was nabbed hapo Juja.

I was stopped and the cop came over with a kapaper scribbled my car number and 97Kms/hour.

I demanded to be shown the evidence but he ignored me.

He went and called his lady counterpart to deal with me. She had backfired bleach on her and that irritated me. I decided to follow whatever she says without argument coz with the bleach irritation I was likely to say bad things to her and worsen my situation.

So she gave me two options
1.Go to court now be fined 20K and proceed
2.Pay cash bail of 10K then appear in court later.

I asked her if she walks around with 10k in her pocket. She sneered at me and answered that if I can afford to drive then I should also afford to carry cash with me.I asked God to give me patience.

I told her we go to court. She did those Tango two calls and another cop came to relieve her as she took me to court.
On arriving at Juja P.S the fool told me they had reduced the cash bail to 5k coz I looked like I was in a hurry and they are willing to help me.

Meanwhile I had called for cash and my friend had arrived so I decided to pay the cash bail.

Shock on me when I got home the ticket read 22nd Nov as the day of Court(A Saturday)

I sent my lawyer to deal and he told he did not find such a file. I WAS CONNED BY COPS.

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Runner
#132 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 2:25:42 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
Runner wrote:

Two huge ones on Mombasa road into town just before Cabanas

Has any sign post that marks the end of speed restriction been seen anywhere in Nairobi?
Jump-steady
#133 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 3:19:24 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Speculz wrote:
Three questions

My very question.

I was stopped and the cop came over with a kapaper scribbled my car number and 97Kms/hour.

He went and called his lady counterpart to deal with me. She had backfired bleach on her and that irritated me. I decided to follow whatever she says without argument coz with the bleach irritation I was likely to say bad things to her and worsen my situation.

I asked her if she walks around with 10k in her pocket. She sneered at me and answered that if I can afford to drive then I should also afford to carry cash with me.I asked God to give me patience.

I told her we go to court. She did those Tango two calls and another cop came to relieve her as she took me to court.
On arriving at Juja P.S the fool told me they had reduced the cash bail to 5k coz I looked like I was in a hurry and they are willing to help me.

Meanwhile I had called for cash and my friend had arrived so I decided to pay the cash bail.

Shock on me when I got home the ticket read 22nd Nov as the day of Court(A Saturday)

I sent my lawyer to deal and he told he did not find such a file. I WAS CONNED BY COPS.

Sad Pole sana @ Bigchick
XSK
#134 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 3:28:12 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Speculz wrote:
Three questions

My very question.

Were you actually speeding? Laughing out loudly
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
Bigchick
#135 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 4:01:11 PM

XSK wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Speculz wrote:
Three questions

My very question.

Ordinarily I do not go beyond 90.My driving has kinda been programmed to slow down once I start approaching 100.I wont deny but I doubt I had hit 97.The cop had actually started talking at its an area of 50 but I interjected and said that had been suspended. Unfortunately the 80K signage was right ahead of us so he pointed at it.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Swenani
#136 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 4:19:41 PM

Bigchick wrote:
XSK wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Speculz wrote:
Three questions

My very question.

Ordinarily I do not go beyond 90.My driving has kinda been programmed to slow down once I start approaching 100.I wont deny but I doubt I had hit 97.The cop had actually started talking at its an area of 50 but I interjected and said that had been suspended. Unfortunately the 80K signage was right ahead of us so he pointed at it.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Take it to EACC
Bigchick
#137 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 5:11:57 PM

BTW I had been toying with the idea of going it all the way.Court,deny,ask for evidence,etc. But then on second thoughts you may just RIP me having been dispatched by the very cops.

They trail me and before long I become a wanted criminal or a stray bullet....so wacha nitulie.

But it feels bad and helpless.
I cried in the evenning not for the 5k but at how helpless we are in the hands of cops who can almost do anything to someone.
Wainadi
#138 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 5:55:37 PM

Bigchick wrote:
BTW I had been toying with the idea of going it all the way.Court,deny,ask for evidence,etc. But then on second thoughts you may just RIP me having been dispatched by the very cops.

They trail me and before long I become a wanted criminal or a stray bullet....so wacha nitulie.

But it feels bad and helpless.
I cried in the evenning not for the 5k but at how helpless we are in the hands of cops who can almost do anything to someone.

I feel you. The feeling one gets after dealing with those semi-literate brutes.
Its all good.
Swenani
#139 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 6:57:57 PM

Do they operate at night?
vky
#140 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 7:22:21 PM

These criminal policemen caught up with me also but i will admit it was of my own doing but what i observed during my 2hr stint at some police post 15-20 kilometers outside of Kisumu was just utter nonsense.
so i was doing the awasi kisumu stretch, that road is just to sweet so i was doing upwards of 180kph and for that i was caught doing 176kph on a 100kph road all this scribbled on a piece of paper which the cop showed me and ordered that i park inside the police post compound and wait for cash bail processing.
while i was sited under a tree waiting for the cop with the cash bail receipt book to show up i was chatting up some other drivers who had been caught, we were about 9 chaps, those who had talked to the cop in charge were informing us that they had been told to part with amounts ranging from 2k to 5k depending on how fast one was going.
so i go in to see the cop in charge who was some fat kaleo guy and he asks me,"kijana, mbona unataka kukufa, sasa tutakuandikia cash bail ya 20k na tukutafutie siku mzuri ya kuenda koti" i smiled at this because i knew that cash bail is set at 5k with court date on the following day or same day. to cut a long story, after a back and forth for over an hour the guy agrees to take 5k and i chucked.
What irked me about the whole situation was that during the two or so hours i spent there i counted 18 cars pulled over and none of the occupants paid cash bail but bribed the cops and left, those cops must be grossing well over 150k daily all this based on some cop who you dont see on the road taking your speed and you are ambushed that you were speeding when one was not, some old guy was stopped for doing 103kph and he swore that here didnt go above 80kph, i thought the traffic Act gave an allowance of 20kph above the limit for one to be liable.
The NTSA should borrow from the UK where a cop who is using a speed gun has to position himself/herself where they can be clearly seen by drivers and the speed gun has to capture the registration of the car, car itself and possibly the driver for a charge of speeding to hold in court, if the cop hid while taking the speed reading that little detail would vitiate the charge, sadly in Kenya its disconcerting because there is no clear procedure on handling speed guns and what the cop says is the case
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'