wazua Thu, May 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages«<23456>»
Beware: They are coming for you!!!
Impunity
#61 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 10:37:40 AM

Traffic Police Commandant in road accident scare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

McReggae
#62 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 11:30:13 AM

mkenyan wrote:
mozenrat wrote:
Swenani wrote:
McReggae wrote:
The should put up the signposts!!!

why?

Because the law REQUIRES THEM TO.. This is what the act says...
(
3) No person shall drive, or, being the owner or person in charge of a vehicle, cause or permit any other person to drive, any vehicle at
a speed exceeding fifty kilometres per hour on any road within the boundaries of any trading centre, township, municipality or city: Provided that the highway authority shall erect and maintain traffic signs as prescribed so as plainly to indicate to drivers entering or leaving such roads or areas where the fifty kilometre per hour speed limit restriction begins and ends.

I'm pretty sure no one has ever been taken to court over this.. The cops take advantage of our ignorance and just pile on the bribes.. Where is the sign that says 50kph on Waiyaki way

think that law if pretty clear on that. without the signs one can't be restricted on speed.

Yet that is what they are doing, mimi nimejaribu hio 50kph on Thika Rd, Mbagathi Way, LA Rd, Waiyaki Rd na nimeshindwa!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Speculz
#63 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 11:35:42 AM

McReggae wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
mozenrat wrote:
Swenani wrote:
McReggae wrote:

why?

(
3) No person shall drive, or, being the owner or person in charge of a vehicle, cause or permit any other person to drive, any vehicle at
a speed exceeding fifty kilometres per hour on any road within the boundaries of any trading centre, township, municipality or city: Provided that the highway authority shall erect and maintain traffic signs as prescribed so as plainly to indicate to drivers entering or leaving such roads or areas where the fifty kilometre per hour speed limit restriction begins and ends.

I'm pretty sure no one has ever been taken to court over this.. The cops take advantage of our ignorance and just pile on the bribes.. Where is the sign that says 50kph on Waiyaki way

think that law if pretty clear on that. without the signs one can't be restricted on speed.

Yet that is what they are doing, mimi nimejaribu hio 50kph on Thika Rd, Mbagathi Way, LA Rd, Waiyaki Rd na nimeshindwa!!!

As i said before, 50kph on a highway is not possible , it is meant for built up areas e.g cbd or close to it , and yes they are supposed to put up signs like it has been done on Thika road.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
mnjoro
#64 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 11:55:20 AM

I guess 50km rule was in the 70s. Am.Am yet to get any modern car that can maintain that speed even while being pushed.If i may ask have the police themselves tried that speed with their modern vehicles.Until someone starts reasoning one day and not rush to punish citizens simply because its a rule and get bribes/fines we are doomed.Individual consciousness should apply even to the cops.
Speculz
#65 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:03:16 PM

Additionally , the speed cameras and not guns should be automated , what proof does the guy flagging you down at safaricom house have that you were speeding? What proof other than the guy holding the speed gun do they have , let them use technology and automate the process.

And coming soon to everyone using a car older than 4 years NTSA
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
washiku
#66 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 2:22:40 PM

When at it, be warned. Today they are there in their tens...there is a van parked just before the Agric Institute/Nairobi School near the James Gichuru Junction, that is where the spped gun is...kushikwa ni hapo after Safcom.

maka
#67 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:36:30 PM

133 motorists arrested today fined a total of...1,560,000...
possunt quia posse videntur
Angelica _ann
#68 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:38:28 PM

maka wrote:
133 motorists arrested today fined a total of this 1,560,000...

Roughly 12k each not bad business for Gok!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
McReggae
#69 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:52:54 PM

Walikuwa Valley leo, I bet it's just a matter of time before they arrest, just no way to maintain a crawling speed og 50kph when the road is clear.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Angelica _ann
#70 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:05:09 PM

McReggae wrote:
Walikuwa Valley leo, I bet it's just a matter of time before they arrest, just no way to maintain a crawling speed og 50kph when the road is clear.

Valley Road hapo chini Pan Afric
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
maka
#71 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:07:52 PM

Then a stupid guy from NTSA says on TV that road signs,.si kazi yao...nkt
murchr
#72 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:47:34 PM

maka wrote:

Actually the work of erecting road signs and markings lies squaly on those managing roads eg KURA etc But NTSA being an enforcer of the law should make sure that these road authorities do their jobs
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
radio
#73 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:15:20 PM

McReggae wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
mozenrat wrote:
Swenani wrote:
McReggae wrote:

why?

(

I agree with you 50kph is not achievable. On Sunday I tried that from Kangemi but I could not manage. I noted many drivers were trying it too. It's unreasonable and unattainable. One can even fall asleep!
maka
#74 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:41:06 PM

murchr wrote:
maka wrote:

Actually the work of erecting road signs and markings lies squaly on those managing roads eg KURA etc But NTSA being an enforcer of the law should make sure that these road authorities do their jobs

The NTSA and KURA etc should work together to ensure that the road signs are there in the first place before they start nabbing guys...
nakujua
#75 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:59:47 PM

this applies to any trading centre, township, municipality or city - doesn't that cover a good chunk of the motarable roads in the country.

from nairobi to nakuru, once you leave the boundaries of nairobi city you enter into kiambu municipality, go into naivasha trading center and then move into nakuru township.
vky
#76 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:03:41 PM

If these cops are using radar speed guns then there is tech that eliminates the dopler effect that these guns use to calculate the speed of an object, i have seen this device in kiash land, it consists of an antennae mounted within the grill of the car and a control unit, it works by absorbing the radar signal sent by the speed gun resulting in a zero reading from the gun. this is illegal in kiash land and guys have served serious time for this(crafty Kenyans take note).
In the alternate, the relevant authorities should set up automated speed cams so that people can invest in tom toms that warn you early to slow down if you are approaching an area where there is a speed camera
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
maka
#77 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:09:00 PM

nakujua wrote:
this applies to any trading centre, township, municipality or city - doesn't that cover a good chunk of the motarable roads in the country.

from nairobi to nakuru, once you leave the boundaries of nairobi city you enter into kiambu municipality, go into naivasha trading center and then move into nakuru township.

I think it has now become criminal to own a car in this country.
mawinder
#78 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 8:43:24 AM

vky wrote:
If these cops are using radar speed guns then there is tech that eliminates the dopler effect that these guns use to calculate the speed of an object, i have seen this device in kiash land, it consists of an antennae mounted within the grill of the car and a control unit, it works by absorbing the radar signal sent by the speed gun resulting in a zero reading from the gun. this is illegal in kiash land and guys have served serious time for this(crafty Kenyans take note).
In the alternate, the relevant authorities should set up automated speed cams so that people can invest in tom toms that warn you early to slow down if you are approaching an area where there is a speed camera

What an idea.Do you have a brand name in mind?I am there and could buy one as a sample to take to Chinese manufacturers and this being Kenya, the gadgets will be sold out in 2 weeks and will be laughing all the way to Faulu bank!!!!!!!
washiku
#79 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 8:56:02 AM

This is where our lawyers should be helping out through LSK, for the sake of the general society good. By the way they are not targeting PSVs...why?
mburuke
#80 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 12:11:38 PM

The characters are along waiyaki way. At the shell petrol station past Kangemi on your way towards Uthiru na korti ni papo hapo. This government must be broke!
One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything