Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages<12345>»
Beware: They are coming for you!!!
Swenani
#41 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:21:13 PM

McReggae wrote:
Swenani wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Happening now: Anyone driving towards Nairobi CBD from Kinoo DON'T DRIVE ABOVE 50KPMH. Speed gun around CCK and arresting cops next to Safaricom HQ, stay safe!!!!

McDoba, This is not good(unethical),its like warning a criminal of a pending raid by police mensmile smile smile smile

What is bana!!!!

You are warning careless drivers who should otherwise be arrested and chargedsmile
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Buster
#42 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:33:36 PM

nakujua wrote:
Buster wrote:
2012 wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Speed guns have been installed along Waiyaki way, recommended speed limit within CBD and buildup areas is 50KPH. Staffs are advised to adhere to speed limits.

Crossing roads at undesignated areas will now attract an attempted suicide charge. Staff are adviced always to use Zebra crossing or the foot bridges.

Kulipa Ushuru ni kujitegemea!!!

Your HR is very informed, staff.

Now is it really possible to drive above 50km/h in the CBD?
Attempted suicide? Will the cameras have face recognition?

It is within the whole of NBI not CBD only. And these are speed guns not cameras. You are stopped hapo hapo.

if those bright flashes are speed guns why are they placed at very odd locations, after traffic lights or just at the exit of a round about - I always thought they are cameras that capture the guys who jump red lights, got me worried on several occasions, I thought I would see my picture in the dailies on the list of traffic lights offenders smile

You got it all wrong. I am not talking about those mounted traffic ligts/cameras etc. The cops are using hand held devices called speed guns. They point the device at your car and record the speed. If over the limit they sms your Registration to colleagues manning a road block 2km ahead. Thats where you are stopped and charged. Capisce?
Buster
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:40:25 PM

limanika wrote:
Was always under impression 50kph was meant for areas like muindi mbingu, moi avenue, etc coz of multiple junctions, pedestrians et

Nope. Its meant for urban areas. For instance on Waiyaki way, Nairobi starts at that flyover in Kangemi where a board states 'Wellcome to Nairobi City'. From that point on you should drive at 50 max. If not, those cops will be waiting for you at around Nairobi School.
mkenyan
#44 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:42:42 PM

Swenani wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Swenani wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Happening now: Anyone driving towards Nairobi CBD from Kinoo DON'T DRIVE ABOVE 50KPMH. Speed gun around CCK and arresting cops next to Safaricom HQ, stay safe!!!!

McDoba, This is not good(unethical),its like warning a criminal of a pending raid by police mensmile smile smile smile

What is bana!!!!

You are warning careless drivers who should otherwise be arrested and chargedsmile

and the speeding drivers are warned and stop speeding is that bad?
Buster
#45 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:44:30 PM

kenmac wrote:
Mart_Consult wrote:
nakujua wrote:
what are the speed limits along waiyaki-way and on thika superhighway.

Well, it should be 100-110 kph (max) for Kenyan highways...but dare you get to this LEGAL speed...the Cops will happily bring you to a stop, add a few kph and charge either legally or otherwise...the Naivasha radar gun area taught me...very very very well...

You are safe doing 70-80 kph...if temptation to go higher arises, weka governor...

ION, which is the most straight tarmacked strecth one can flat out in Kenya...?

Has to be Salgaa. 12kms of straight tarmac

Up until early this year.. for me it was the Mai mahiu - Narok stretch. I used to do 230... but now speed guns all over!
Buster
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:54:33 PM

mkenyan wrote:
kenmac wrote:
Mart_Consult wrote:
nakujua wrote:
what are the speed limits along waiyaki-way and on thika superhighway.

Well, it should be 100-110 kph (max) for Kenyan highways...but dare you get to this LEGAL speed...the Cops will happily bring you to a stop, add a few kph and charge either legally or otherwise...the Naivasha radar gun area taught me...very very very well...

You are safe doing 70-80 kph...if temptation to go higher arises, weka governor...

ION, which is the most straight tarmacked strecth one can flat out in Kenya...?

Has to be Salgaa. 12kms of straight tarmac

from mai mahiu to narok then from narok to whichever there are some very enticing roads.

From Narok to Mulot. Best road built in Kenya. Completed in 2002 and still smooth all the way!
nakujua
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:04:19 PM

Buster wrote:
limanika wrote:
Was always under impression 50kph was meant for areas like muindi mbingu, moi avenue, etc coz of multiple junctions, pedestrians et

Nope. Its meant for urban areas. For instance on Waiyaki way, Nairobi starts at that flyover in Kangemi where a board states 'Wellcome to Nairobi City'. From that point on you should drive at 50 max. If not, those cops will be waiting for you at around Nairobi School.

Sad , hata on the newly built superhighway - that was a waste of cash all that design for 50kph, lakini I noticed on waiyaki way gari zinasonga pole pole, and the traffic build up on the eastern bypass must be because of the rule.
McReggae
#48 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:12:40 PM

nakujua wrote:
Buster wrote:
limanika wrote:

Sad , hata on the newly built superhighway - that was a waste of cash all that design for 50kph, lakini I noticed on waiyaki way gari zinasonga pole pole, and the traffic build up on the eastern bypass must be because of the rule.

This will not help traffic in any way!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Buster
#49 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:12:49 PM

nakujua wrote:
Buster wrote:
limanika wrote:

Yeah what a waste. Imagine the fastest they allow you on this SHW is 100...
Impunity
#50 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:37:09 PM

Buster wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Buster wrote:
limanika wrote:

I have googled all over and I havent seen any superhighway that restricts speed to 100km/h...its only in Kenya.
Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

mugo2of3
#51 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:20:33 PM

Many thanks for the heads up..

I live past Waiyaki Way and have noticed this on Monday and today. Was lucky not to have been busted; today I'm sure I was doing above 50kph.

Regards.
McReggae
#52 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:24:25 AM

The should put up the signposts!!!

McReggae
#53 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:43:09 PM

"National transport road safety Authority has announced that they will start an operation to arrest motorists both public and private vehicles and Passengers alighting or boarding vehicles at undesignated drop off/pickup points/stage. NTRSA comprises of ministry of Transport Officials and Police Officers seconded to it.
They will also arrest vehicle occupants who will not have belted up. They did not specify whether the operation will be restricted to Nairobi County or will be spread across the Country
Court Fine for dropping/boarding/alighting at undesignated places are kshs.10,000/= or both fine and imprisonment for six months.
For those arrested for failing to belt up court fine is kshs. 500/=
Arrests on footbridges ongoing
Please take note of the announcement and avoid any possible arrest"
mnjoro
#54 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:09:37 PM

McReggae wrote:
Can we have body that will counter these rules untill the gover publish these rules via all media wacha hiyo yao hapo Govt printer.

washiku
#55 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:22:58 PM

nakujua wrote:
Buster wrote:
limanika wrote:

Really? I thought on the superhighway the speeds are indicated on all sections? 50; 80; 100 depending on the section.
Swenani
#56 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:28:19 PM

McReggae wrote:

why?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
mozenrat
#57 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:15:05 AM

Swenani wrote:
McReggae wrote:

why?

Because the law REQUIRES THEM TO.. This is what the act says...
(
3) No person shall drive, or, being the owner or person in charge of a vehicle, cause or permit any other person to drive, any vehicle at
a speed exceeding fifty kilometres per hour on any road within the boundaries of any trading centre, township, municipality or city: Provided that the highway authority shall erect and maintain traffic signs as prescribed so as plainly to indicate to drivers entering or leaving such roads or areas where the fifty kilometre per hour speed limit restriction begins and ends.

I'm pretty sure no one has ever been taken to court over this.. The cops take advantage of our ignorance and just pile on the bribes.. Where is the sign that says 50kph on Waiyaki way

sparkly
#58 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:36:42 AM

Impunity wrote:
Buster wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Buster wrote:
limanika wrote:

I have googled all over and I havent seen any superhighway that restricts speed to 100km/h...its only in Kenya.
Sad

True superhighways have a lower speed limit eg do not go below 100kph
Life is short. Live passionately.
Impunity
#59 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:53:13 AM

sparkly wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Buster wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Buster wrote:
limanika wrote:

Sad

True superhighways have a lower speed limit eg do not go below 100kph

Sure!

Hii yetu ni mchezo.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

mkenyan
#60 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:58:10 AM

mozenrat wrote:
Swenani wrote:
McReggae wrote:

why?

Because the law REQUIRES THEM TO.. This is what the act says...
(
3) No person shall drive, or, being the owner or person in charge of a vehicle, cause or permit any other person to drive, any vehicle at
a speed exceeding fifty kilometres per hour on any road within the boundaries of any trading centre, township, municipality or city: Provided that the highway authority shall erect and maintain traffic signs as prescribed so as plainly to indicate to drivers entering or leaving such roads or areas where the fifty kilometre per hour speed limit restriction begins and ends.

I'm pretty sure no one has ever been taken to court over this.. The cops take advantage of our ignorance and just pile on the bribes.. Where is the sign that says 50kph on Waiyaki way

think that law if pretty clear on that. without the signs one can't be restricted on speed.