Beware: They are coming for you!!!
urstill1
#181 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 5:55:00 PM

washiku
#182 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 11:04:38 PM

thuks
#183 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 9:53:43 AM

washiku wrote:

But is it entirely true what that article is saying?

Hogwash jonolism!
I care!
Tebes
#184 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:42:44 AM

thuks wrote:
washiku wrote:

Hogwash jonolism!

The above fines are contained in an amendment bill 2014 that is yet to go through the third reading!
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
thuks
#185 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:41:48 AM

Tebes wrote:
thuks wrote:
washiku wrote:

Hogwash jonolism!

The above fines are contained in an amendment bill 2014 that is yet to go through the third reading!

The article says the law is broken when the speed clocked is more than 20 km/hr above limit. I found no such requirement in the traffic act.
I care!
Tebes
#186 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 11:04:09 AM

thuks wrote:
Tebes wrote:
thuks wrote:
washiku wrote:

Hogwash jonolism!

The article says the law is broken when the speed clocked is more than 20 km/hr above limit. I found no such requirement in the traffic act.

Which Act are you reading???

Look at section 70 part 5b of the traffic Act

Quote:
(5A) The driving licence of a person who has been convicted for the violation
of a speed limit prescribed for a road under subsection (1A) shall be invalidated
for a period not less than three years—
(a) if the violation of the limit is by more than twenty kilometres per hour;
and
(b) the violation is repeated three or more different times.
(5B) A person who violates a speed limit prescribed for a road under subsection
(1A) by more than twenty kilometres per hour commits an offence and shall be
liable, on conviction, to imprisonment for a term of not less than three months, or
a fine of not less than twenty thousand shillings, or both.

Traffic Act Cap 403
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
washiku
#187 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 10:08:54 AM

Be empowered. Print this and put it somewhere in your car or in your wallet. I remember a policeman asked me another day "Kwani hujasoma gazeti" when there were those issues of tinted cars. Now its our turn to ask them "Kwani hujasoma gazeti" and remove the memo. You will definitely meet one who wants to take advantage.

KulaRaha
#188 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 10:16:40 AM

Read Twitter. The Police claim this has not been implemented and arrests are ongoing. Then real my thread on Kenya Police.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
butterflyke
#189 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 12:05:49 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Read Twitter. The Police claim this has not been implemented and arrests are ongoing. Then real my thread on Kenya Police.

@Wazua reserves all proprietary rights to threads!!!

smile
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
washiku
#190 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 12:27:01 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

Really? Directive clearly says it takes effect immediately and its signed by their boss. No wonder am saying we need to print.
Ngong
#191 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 6:13:48 PM

l thought this is the norm part from the paying of fine without being locked at court cells.
Chaka
#192 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 6:31:12 PM

What is "reasonable time"?
mpobiz
#193 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 11:44:25 PM

Chaka wrote:
What is "reasonable time"?

Good question.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
mawinder
#194 Posted : Thursday, October 08, 2015 6:51:49 PM

NTSA at it again. They are issuing new speed guidelines And plan to fine Impunity 25k. They should stop harassing innocent Kenyans and instead organise for the transportation of machozi to jail.
amorphous
#195 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 4:07:40 AM

Tis amazing that 6 years after this thread ianze, the manenos are still going on daily.

Dealing with these wagondii in their new blue Rivatex cotton outfits leaves a very sour taste in the mouth.

Whoever said that owning a car has now become a crime is so right.

Juzi nilishikwo and it was a terrible experience. But before I get into the details, my worst experience with these guys prior to juzi happened hapo junction ya Southern Bypass na Ngong Road a few years ago. And it had nothing to do with speeding.

So there I was driving shwaa from MSA rd trying to make it to the Lavi area via the bypass. Bahati mbaya i confused which exit to take and ended up taking the one that leads to Ngong town. When I realised my mistake it was too late. So I made a very slight U-turn over the "yellow zebra lines) back onto the city-bound direction of Ngong road.

That is where my fate was sealed. My goose was cooked. My tumbos were fried!

What actually did me in was that back then, Ngong road traffic at Lenana was bwaad. So there I was was stuck in traffic already dreaming of what will be for dinner once I get home.

Wapi?

A few cars behind me, I hear a loud voice talking on a walkie talkie asking, "gari ni gani, ni huyu?" while tapping the boot of the car behind me. He then swiftly moves forward and taps mine before asking the same question. "Eeh ndiye huyo!" comes the terrible, crackling voice from the walkie talkie. Two hungry-looking afandes then walk to my window, tap it noisly, and as soon as I lower the window, the one with the unmistakable Rift Valley accent slams his palm on the side of my door and with a sweeping hand gesture orders me to "Toka barabara, weka gari kando."

The funny part is that his colleague, who was now in the middle of the road ahead of me. Stood up straight at attention and did a mocking full police salute to me in the middle of the traffic as if I was a VIP as all this was happening Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

At this point the scare tactics began. "Ghichana unachua umefanya magosa gubwa sana!" The officer looked no more than 32 years old. "Funghuwa ghari twende Gharen Bolis station." Naive me opened for him. Long story short. He threatened me with cash bail of 10k or I lala ndani until I get it. Then shook me down for 6k (I did not even know how much cash bail was back then). I had no cash but thankfully had MPESA. I found it interesting that an MPESA shop was conveniently located right within Karen Police Station for exactly that purpose.

As soon as I paid, the grey-suited officer in charge of the station came out to personally give me a mocking "kijana fuata sheria next time or else!"

This left a really sour taste in my mouth even though I knew I had done the wrong thing.

Haya so juzi I was driving on one of Kenya's major highways. MInding my business and well below the speed limit (110kph). Wapi?

Kwa roadblock the askari makes sure he stops me by walking to the middle of the road to prevent me from fleeing Laughing out loudly

Hapo kando he pulls out the typical scribbled with biro paper showing me I was doing 113kph. I think the mistake I made was not to dish whatever small amount of cash immediately he stopped me, because I believe they show that piece of paper to anybody who does not!

I saw many cars stop and dish and keep moving, PSVs especially.

As soon as I lowered the window he said "jambo" and hesitated (I think waiting for me to dish.) When he saw I was not dishing..then came the ka-paper. Then the request to go to a battered metal police hut huko nyuma. Cash bail I was told was 5k. Inside, a very very fat woman in the rivatex blue was there. Two other askaris seated negotiating for bribes with other motorists who had been shikwod.

Long story short, they shook me down again for several k. Extortion pure and simpo.

Then, incredibly, at the next roadblock..I was stopped again! This time nilitoa 150 chap chap and was on my way!

I was wise enough this time not to argue with the law (literally and figuratively)

T.I.K. This is Kenya!

Age and family mellows us all over time
murchr
#196 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 4:52:38 PM

Were they not told to get off the roads?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
amorphous
#197 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 8:29:06 AM

murchr wrote:

These chaps are always on the road. And woe betide you if you ask to see evidence of the speeding other than the biro writing...that is when they will squeeze you proper Laughing out loudly You speak of NTSA perhaps.

Rule of thumb..the FATTER the policeman/woman is..the more corrupt in my experience. So be very careful how you speak to the very fat ones.

People say Matiang'i is a "very effective" CS. If this is so why has he not managed to tame this rogue road thieves and extortionists all these years? Is Kenya a banana republic?d'oh!

kaka2za
#198 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 1:23:59 PM

amorphous wrote:
murchr wrote:

These chaps are always on the road. And woe betide you if you ask to see evidence of the speeding other than the biro writing...that is when they will squeeze you proper Laughing out loudly You speak of NTSA perhaps.

Rule of thumb..the FATTER the policeman/woman is..the more corrupt in my experience. So be very careful how you speak to the very fat ones.

People say Matiang'i is a "very effective" CS. If this is so why has he not managed to tame this rogue road thieves and extortionists all these years? Is Kenya a banana republic?d'oh!

Why is this news? Hasn't it been like that all the time?
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Fyatu
#199 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 2:27:20 PM

amorphous wrote:

hehehehehe....Kuzaliwa Kenya ni laana...(Being born in Kenya is curse). I learnt the hard way the other day when i decided to drive a bakkie on Mombasa road through Uhuru highway onwards to Westlands. At the Nyayo roundabout i was told to weka gari kando for apparently using the wrong lane on the rounderabout..

I tried to explain to the officer that i had kept my lane lakini wapi...The mistake i made was to use kizungu mingi. This vexed afande more and tightened his resolve to have a breakdown tow my bakkie to Nyayo stadium police station. Ilibidi nikuwe mpole and negotiate the 10k cash bail down to 2k. When i thought my day was ruined, i was again flagged a few meters away hapo Riadha house and chucked 100 bob haraka haraka purely by instict. When i narrated this storo to my drinking mbogi at the local vikombe(keg) base, i was advised that to be safe on Nairobi roads when driving a pickup (with or without mzigo), one should have atleast kshs. 1000 bob in kshs. 200 notes(200 is the standard bribe for pickup) to give the hardworking afandes "managing traffic" on our busy roads.

This sh*thole country Kenya is jungle where the bottom-feeders(mwananchi) are the prey.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
amorphous
#200 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 4:54:58 PM

Fyatu wrote:
amorphous wrote:

hehehehehe....Kuzaliwa Kenya ni laana...(Being born in Kenya is curse). I learnt the hard way the other day when i decided to drive a bakkie on Mombasa road through Uhuru highway onwards to Westlands. At the Nyayo roundabout i was told to weka gari kando for apparently using the wrong lane on the rounderabout..

I tried to explain to the officer that i had kept my lane lakini wapi...The mistake i made was to use kizungu mingi. This vexed afande more and tightened his resolve to have a breakdown tow my bakkie to Nyayo stadium police station. Ilibidi nikuwe mpole and negotiate the 10k cash bail down to 2k. When i thought my day was ruined, i was again flagged a few meters away hapo Riadha house and chucked 100 bob haraka haraka purely by instict. When i narrated this storo to my drinking mbogi at the local vikombe(keg) base, i was advised that to be safe on Nairobi roads when driving a pickup (with or without mzigo), one should have atleast kshs. 1000 bob in kshs. 200 notes(200 is the standard bribe for pickup) to give the hardworking afandes "managing traffic" on our busy roads.

This sh*thole country Kenya is jungle where the bottom-feeders(mwananchi) are the prey.

Pole bro, I totally feel your pain.
Your last sentence is chillingly true. Very sad.
I too was told next time beba loose cash (100-200) and as soon as the afandes stop you..have some.visible in your palm slightly below window so he can pick chap chap. Most are so greedy they cannot resist. I am just trying to imagine how much a chap driving from Msa to Nakuru in a tinted probox must carry given all the afandes that will stop him along the way Laughing out loudly