#621 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 6:07:36 PM

Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:
maka wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:
I cant believe i've been ignoring the crypto currencies all this time. I just kept hearing of them but ignored and didnt care to know how they work. Been researching about them this week and i really want to venture into them big time.
I find bitcoins to quite expensive at the moment and i cant find any other coins at localbitcoins. Where can one buy lite-coins in kenya?

... and LTC almost got to $300? Still want to know where to buy?

Ebu check iqoption.com then revert...

iqoption works. Very high commission though. thanks

Just get yourself into an international exchange that accepts fiat. I can help navigate the banking 'frown' on crypto

I think Iqoption is not a real bitcoin wallet. I opened an account with bittrex but cant find a way of depositing USD to buy cryptos. So what i did was to buy bitcoins at localbitcoins and transferred them to bittrex. I then converted the bitcoins to BCC, XRP, ETH and LTC.
How can i deposit cash at Bittrex?

Many ways to kill a rat. Yours was one, albeit a pricey one. Margins in LBC sometimes get exaggerated. Check what the prices are in Zimbabwe!

What @Snifadog says. There are a number of exchanges that accept fiat after a verification process. We have two here. Belfrics and Remitano. Simple cash deposit into their local accounts. For wire transfers, there is Kraken, Bitstamp, CEX etc Or if you are willing to risk it, use your card for instant purchase with exchanges like Coinmama

https://steemit.com/bitcoin-exchange/@arnoldwish/the-best-bitcoin-exchanges-of-2017-buy-bitcoin-with-paypal-credit-card-or-debit-card

How safe is belfrics?
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
Mukiri
#622 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 10:33:53 AM

Speculz wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:
maka wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:
I cant believe i've been ignoring the crypto currencies all this time. I just kept hearing of them but ignored and didnt care to know how they work. Been researching about them this week and i really want to venture into them big time.
I find bitcoins to quite expensive at the moment and i cant find any other coins at localbitcoins. Where can one buy lite-coins in kenya?

Just get yourself into an international exchange that accepts fiat. I can help navigate the banking 'frown' on crypto

I think Iqoption is not a real bitcoin wallet. I opened an account with bittrex but cant find a way of depositing USD to buy cryptos. So what i did was to buy bitcoins at localbitcoins and transferred them to bittrex. I then converted the bitcoins to BCC, XRP, ETH and LTC.

Many ways to kill a rat. Yours was one, albeit a pricey one. Margins in LBC sometimes get exaggerated. Check what the prices are in Zimbabwe!

What @Snifadog says. There are a number of exchanges that accept fiat after a verification process. We have two here. Belfrics and Remitano. Simple cash deposit into their local accounts. For wire transfers, there is Kraken, Bitstamp, CEX etc Or if you are willing to risk it, use your card for instant purchase with exchanges like Coinmama

https://steemit.com/bitcoin-exchange/@arnoldwish/the-best-bitcoin-exchanges-of-2017-buy-bitcoin-with-paypal-credit-card-or-debit-card

How safe is belfrics?

Interesting question.

I want to buy a packet of milk from Naivas. How safe is Naivas?

I assume you are talking about safe custody of your coins after purchase. The rule of thumb is to NEVER leave your coins in an exchange. Better yet, save your coins in a hardware wallet offline. I know a couple of people selling them locally

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#623 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 10:37:01 AM

If you have any problem with Belfrics, state it here. I'll refer it to Justus

maka
#624 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 3:37:04 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Speculz wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:
maka wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:

How safe is belfrics?

Interesting question.

I want to buy a packet of milk from Naivas. How safe is Naivas?

I assume you are talking about safe custody of your coins after purchase. The rule of thumb is to NEVER leave your coins in an exchange. Better yet, save your coins in a hardware wallet offline. I know a couple of people selling them locally

Thats like this....?

https://youtu.be/GPpZxOjvU10

Nano ledger S...
possunt quia posse videntur
Stiffler
#625 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 11:29:09 AM

Am looking to buy some cryptocurrencies. The problem I have is how to convert fiat to digital currency. I have the option of using Spectroin and Skrill, but the high commissions put me off. Localbitcoins is also relatively expensive. Coinbase is limited to US. Spectroin has a lengthy verification process before one can use wire transfers. Any suggestions on the best secure, least cost alternative...
Mukiri
#626 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:10:19 PM

Stiffler wrote:
Am looking to buy some cryptocurrencies. The problem I have is how to convert fiat to digital currency. I have the option of using Spectroin and Skrill, but the high commissions put me off. Localbitcoins is also relatively expensive. Coinbase is limited to US. Spectroin has a lengthy verification process before one can use wire transfers. Any suggestions on the best secure, least cost alternative...

#620 #623

There is a thread in Club SK complaining that youngsters don't have a reading culture. Prove them wrong

NFag
#627 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2018 7:10:36 PM

Meanwhile in India https://goo.gl/pe7YHC What do you think about this?
kaimbaga2012
#628 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 2:54:37 PM

Ryko wrote:
iMANI wrote:
@snifadog, ryko, mic-mic

Looking to join in on this cryptocurrency wave..especially interested in ethereum. Quick questions:
1. How can one buy ETH from Kenya?
2. Which is the best/convenient exchange to us?

NB. I only have a Kenyan bank account and a VISA/Master Card. I'm not privy to offshore accounts

Kindly advise

This guide should really assist you, its one of the wazua guys above who wrote it buy bitcoin ethereum kenya

Personally i am in bittrex & Kraken exchange. Kraken gave me a hard time so i used one of my student account while in UK and they accepted, however i prefer bittrex exchange and i use "coinmama.com-with coupons"/"spectrocoin" & a kenyan mama who always loads me bitcoins cheaply. I got her over "localbitcoin" and she gives me good offers(i buy in bulk).

I really dont invest in bitcoin i invest in alternate coins +(ethereum,ripple,siacon,bitpay,Doge etc . I just buy bitcoins and convert them to altcoin, my simple thinking is that altcoins can grow x40 but bitcoin can only double tripple my cash. Based on this Kraken doesn't work for me better so i prefer bittrex, bittrex has so many alternative coins unlike kraken. Basically i am a longterm invester who invests peanuts in cheap coins, i.e i buy a coin at 0.003USD and sell at 1 USD i.e and throw away the keys and wait for years sell. Basically we are all different, it depends on what works for someone, personally altcoins crap works for me. So i cant advice you what is the best exchange for you it depends with you. I am an alternative coin guy "NO bitcoins, and if i buy btc its for exchanging".

How is the verification process at Bittrex, how long does it take and generally how is the user experience.
Ryko
#629 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 11:35:13 AM

Just apply it should be easy, bittrex & Binance. They opened the applications the other day. Its difficult to answer you how long it takes unless there is someone who joined recently here to say that.

Its fairly easy and simple. All the best in your crypto journey, you will love it if you the patient type.
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
murchr
#630 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 3:58:01 PM

This is what Swenani has been saying all along
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#631 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 5:42:16 PM

Bitcoin ni takataka! A mad man's idea of investment

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Mukiri
#632 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 9:58:07 PM

Takataka ya $400+B vs sour grapes ya $23B, and funds diverting. It's truly cut-throat out there. Stock brokers also have to take their children to school.

What happened to abundance mentality? That there is enough for everyone?

obiero
#633 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 10:55:07 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Takataka ya $400+B vs sour grapes ya $23B, and funds diverting. It's truly cut-throat out there. Stock brokers also have to take their children to school.

It's not personal mate.. Just agreeing with the contents on the shared link

Mukiri
#634 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2018 1:35:57 AM

obiero wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

It's not personal mate.. Just agreeing with the contents on the shared link

Ofcourse its not personal and I too, agree. It's a bubble that will blow up very badly, eventually.

Maddie
#635 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 12:11:10 PM

Is it too late to join this Bitcoin trading? please advise on best site for wallet.
You strike a woman,you strike a rock
obiero
#636 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 12:14:50 PM

Maddie wrote:
Is it too late to join this Bitcoin trading? please advise on best site for wallet.

Read widely about Bitcoin and it's trading from international journals prior to making your decision.. The choice of wallet is a very minor part of your journey

Spikes
#637 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 1:08:49 PM

obiero wrote:
Maddie wrote:

Read widely about Bitcoin and it's trading from international journals prior to making your decision.. The choice of wallet is a very minor part of your journey

@ Obiero how many coins do you hodl?
Which exchange(s) are you trading on?

You should stop giving naive advice to newbies.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#638 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 1:12:17 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Maddie wrote:

I hold none of these ponzi coins.. Meanwhile you are free to give your own advice or have my posts paralyzed yours?? Uko na utoto mingi wewe msichana

Spikes
#639 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 1:15:01 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Maddie wrote:

You are free to give your own advice or have my posts paralyzed yours?? Uko na utoto mingi wewe msichana

Wewe mama you can't transform what you avoid!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#640 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 1:17:54 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Maddie wrote:

You are free to give your own advice or have my posts paralyzed yours?? Uko na utoto mingi wewe msichana

Wewe mama you can't transform what you avoid!

Sawa toto