33 Pages«<2930313233>
Bitcoin & CryptoCoins for Kenya
The Great
#601 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:20:55 AM

What r u guys going on about
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Victor S. Lasseter
#602 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:20:37 AM

I have to really agree with the thread poster. Bitcoin has been soaring all year, starting out at $1,000 and rocketing above $19,000 on the Coinbase exchange last week. The price on Coinbase, which accounts for a third of bitcoin trading value, is often at a premium over other exchanges.

mic_mic wrote:
I read a couple of threads here on bitcoin and was disappointed by some wazuans trashing the technology. From the comments, most of them do not understand what it is/how it works and dismiss it from a point of ignorance.

Bitcoin and bitcoin are distintively different.

I'm starting this thread to clear the air on bitcoin, Bitcoin and cryptocoins.

They have a future and can advance financial access and financial markets. I say this from a FinTech background. I've been in both tech & finance and fully understand how it could better the financial system.

Mexico is already talking about using the blockchain technology for their peso http://goo.gl/pRkH2o

Doubters, shoot you're questions

mufasa
#603 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:16:59 AM

Question? i have 200 bitcoins, where do i pick up my cash when i decide to turn them into Kenya shillings?
Do it today! Tomorrow is promise to no-one.
kimanimsc
#604 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:51:39 AM

mufasa wrote:
Question? i have 200 bitcoins, where do i pick up my cash when i decide to turn them into Kenya shillings?

You exchange at the Peer-to-peer Bitcoin Trading Platforms e.g. localbitcoins(dot)com.
Ryko
#605 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 11:02:58 AM

mufasa wrote:

Obvious cashing 200 BTC is too much, this is one letdown side for bitcoin (Africa wise) but its still being developed because Kenya doesnt have an exchange that accepts fiat.

But there ways to beat this, personally this what i view as simple solutions

1. Join Bitcoin kenya Traders whatsapp group, guys trade even over 1M. There lots trade there from 20k, 1M, some above 2M

2. Do it over localbitcoin (i havent tried this yet) but some traders in Bitcoin Whatsapp are also in bitcoin kenya

3. Get Bitpay card (damn card made of very cheap plastic), register in your name but get a colleague in US/EU even a friend give them his/her Phone number/address then the friend sends you in Kenya. Load bitcoins and withdraw in ATMs easily with a big daily limit just like an ATM. Toa pole pole

4. If you travel alot outside you can exchange in countries with counter exchanges and carry USD back home.
(the challenge customs limit = 5k USD). Well i have never seen anyone check my bags, the machines in airport never detect currency. Always traveled from a next door neighbour (country) for many years, the only currency we used was the USD, due to security issues before landing in JKIA our plane had to be cleared in another airstrip near border and we would undergo several checks then we would fly to JKIA for another round of checks. In JKIA We had to be cleared by CID/Kenya police/Immigration officer.

My fellow colleagues and staff always carried way much dollars jetting back home above 5K custom limit and no one ever had problems despite all this checks. To be honest i find it very easy carrying Lots USD back home above custom limits. May be i was lucky but none ever had issues with immigration.

Look for solutions that works for you..... May be there other solutions out thee, but the above works for me
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
maka
#606 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 11:21:25 AM

mufasa wrote:

https://iqoption.com
possunt quia posse videntur
snifadog
#607 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 11:54:52 AM

you have 200 bitcoins and you don't know how to cash out? or you are looking for the best way to cash out?
Mukiri
#608 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:01:09 AM

maka wrote:
How can I buy Ripple?

Did you buy XRP?

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#609 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:04:24 AM

mufasa wrote:

If this is indeed a valid question and not an attempt at mockery, I will happily get you your money. Put up your contact

Mukiri
#610 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:07:09 AM

ngapat wrote:
ngapat wrote:
I decided to join the bitcoin craze just to see how it works. So i signed up at local bitcoin and bought kshs 4000 worth of bitcoins. My account was credited with 0.00371726 BTC. Wondering what to do with them.

five days later, my bittcoins are worth 5200 shillings. I selling my plots to buy bitcoins

You'd only be doing what many more have done before you

Mukiri
#611 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:16:57 AM

ngapat wrote:
I cant believe i've been ignoring the crypto currencies all this time. I just kept hearing of them but ignored and didnt care to know how they work. Been researching about them this week and i really want to venture into them big time.
I find bitcoins to quite expensive at the moment and i cant find any other coins at localbitcoins. Where can one buy lite-coins in kenya?

... and LTC almost got to $300? Still want to know where to buy?

maka
#612 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:31:06 PM

Mukiri wrote:
maka wrote:
How can I buy Ripple?

Did you buy XRP?

I did at 0.24....It has hit 0.58 thereabout today....

Crazy...the projections on this thing are positive.

2$ by mid next year...
maka
#613 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:35:43 PM

Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:
I cant believe i've been ignoring the crypto currencies all this time. I just kept hearing of them but ignored and didnt care to know how they work. Been researching about them this week and i really want to venture into them big time.
I find bitcoins to quite expensive at the moment and i cant find any other coins at localbitcoins. Where can one buy lite-coins in kenya?

Ebu check iqoption.com then revert...
ngapat
#614 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 4:43:16 PM

maka wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:

iqoption works. Very high commission though. thanks
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
Mukiri
#615 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:14:36 PM

maka wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
maka wrote:
How can I buy Ripple?

Did you buy XRP?

I did at 0.24....It has hit 0.58 thereabout today....

Crazy...the projections on this thing are positive.

2$ by mid next year...

smile ...or not Laughing out loudly

Mukiri
#616 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:17:02 PM

ngapat wrote:
maka wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:

Just get yourself into an international exchange that accepts fiat. I can help navigate the banking 'frown' on crypto

Afroblk
#617 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 3:02:18 AM

mufasa wrote:

I'll be happy to give you the cash for at least 100 BTC but I'll ask for 10% convenience fee. No questions asked. Email me at sijachill@gmail.com
Knowledge is contagious...Infect truth!
ngapat
#618 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:17:00 AM

Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:
maka wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:

Just get yourself into an international exchange that accepts fiat. I can help navigate the banking 'frown' on crypto

I think Iqoption is not a real bitcoin wallet. I opened an account with bittrex but cant find a way of depositing USD to buy cryptos. So what i did was to buy bitcoins at localbitcoins and transferred them to bittrex. I then converted the bitcoins to BCC, XRP, ETH and LTC.
How can i deposit cash at Bittrex?
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
snifadog
#619 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:24:10 AM

you can't deposit cash at bittrex. you can deposit it on coinbase/kraken etc
Mukiri
#620 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 3:51:14 PM

ngapat wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:
maka wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ngapat wrote:

I think Iqoption is not a real bitcoin wallet. I opened an account with bittrex but cant find a way of depositing USD to buy cryptos. So what i did was to buy bitcoins at localbitcoins and transferred them to bittrex. I then converted the bitcoins to BCC, XRP, ETH and LTC.
How can i deposit cash at Bittrex?

Many ways to kill a rat. Yours was one, albeit a pricey one. Margins in LBC sometimes get exaggerated. Check what the prices are in Zimbabwe!

What @Snifadog says. There are a number of exchanges that accept fiat after a verification process. We have two here. Belfrics and Remitano. Simple cash deposit into their local accounts. For wire transfers, there is Kraken, Bitstamp, CEX etc Or if you are willing to risk it, use your card for instant purchase with exchanges like Coinmama

https://steemit.com/bitcoin-exchange/@arnoldwish/the-best-bitcoin-exchanges-of-2017-buy-bitcoin-with-paypal-credit-card-or-debit-card