wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
Embrace gay sex or forget aid
Caramba
#41 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 11:12:32 PM

Many Africans are not yet ready to embrace homosexuality, at least not openly. But I see this changing in the next fifty years with a more progressive and tolerant generation.

Thirty years ago, homosexuality was still frowned upon in the west. A number of ministers and high-ranking Govt. Officials in the UK and America were outed and forced to resign under humiliating circumstances. A top footballer in Enland, Justin Fashanu dared to comeout but was hounded and forced to flee to America where he committed suicide. Even in the entertainment industry, many gay celebrities chose to hide their orientation as coming out amounted to career suicide.

With time, their societies evolved and became more tolerant. Today, we have openly gay top Govt. Officials, entertainment glitterati and even Archbishops.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same scenario is replicated in sub-Saharan Africa in the coming generations. Homosexuality knows no boundaries and permeates across ALL races, religions and cultures.

Having worked in several hotels across the country, where gay parties are not uncommon, I'd say that homosexuality is alive, thriving and kicking, albeit on the downlow. The coming generations will see to it that gays are accorded their rights. Afterall, what went down at Masaku sevens would have not have been countenanced a few years ago. Now, we just shrug our shoulders.
masukuma
#42 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:00:55 AM

Caramba wrote:
Many Africans are not yet ready to embrace homosexuality, at least not openly. But I see this changing in the next fifty years with a more progressive and tolerant generation.

Thirty years ago, homosexuality was still frowned upon in the west. A number of ministers and high-ranking Govt. Officials in the UK and America were outed and forced to resign under humiliating circumstances. A top footballer in Enland, Justin Fashanu dared to comeout but was hounded and forced to flee to America where he committed suicide. Even in the entertainment industry, many gay celebrities chose to hide their orientation as coming out amounted to career suicide.

With time, their societies evolved and became more tolerant. Today, we have openly gay top Govt. Officials, entertainment glitterati and even Archbishops.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same scenario is replicated in sub-Saharan Africa in the coming generations. Homosexuality knows no boundaries and permeates across ALL races, religions and cultures.

Having worked in several hotels across the country, where gay parties are not uncommon, I'd say that homosexuality is alive, thriving and kicking, albeit on the downlow. The coming generations will see to it that gays are accorded their rights. Afterall, what went down at Masaku sevens would have not have been countenanced a few years ago. Now, we just shrug our shoulders.

@tycho unasoma?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
tycho
#43 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:50:23 AM

masukuma wrote:
Caramba wrote:

@tycho unasoma?

I doubt whether Africans have the luxury of fifty years of burying heads in the sand. And even if they did, the problem am highlighting now would still need to be resolved.

So if 'TIA' is about escapism and waiting for change to implement and direct itself under neurotic conditions then be prepared for uncontrollable damage in all or most aspects of African culture.
Rollout
#44 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 10:40:36 PM

guru267 wrote:
Rollout wrote:
guru267 wrote:
The kaffir homosexual hugger will soon meet the wrath of the Most High...

Sodom and Gomora style!

I didn't know you're that shallow!

I do not condemn anyone who was born Homosexual but the moment they act on it... DEATH TO THEM!

@guru267

You still have alot of exposure to cover; smart people tend to take neutral position on subjective matters, I am very much surprised by your hardline position on this matter but I am sure, as you grow older and smarter, as you travel more and as you engage people from different backgrounds and culture your hardline position will change. You have my grandmother's view on this!

Boris Boyka
#45 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 11:11:16 PM

Rollout wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Rollout wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Sodom and Gomora style!

I do not condemn anyone who was born Homosexual but the moment they act on it... DEATH TO THEM!

@guru267

You still have alot of exposure to cover; smart people tend to take neutral position on subjective matters, I am very much surprised by your hardline position on this matter but I am sure, as you grow older and smarter, as you travel more and as you engage people from different backgrounds and culture your hardline position will change. You have my grandmother's view on this!

"Exposure" Haha Rollout is it within Kenya or outside? I have worked with 40 of kenyan tribes & a good number of foreigners my question is Must I practice a bad character to myself or allow my family just because I'm " exposed" and saw it somewhere? E.g FGM , west Africans eat fisi, tesos used to kill first borns,asians marrying inside family. Gayism ni UPUZ hii exposure ya kutafuta nyuma na mbele iko Sawa I agree with @guru DEATH
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
masukuma
#46 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 12:11:01 AM

tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Caramba wrote:

@tycho unasoma?

I doubt whether Africans have the luxury of fifty years of burying heads in the sand. And even if they did, the problem am highlighting now would still need to be resolved.

So if 'TIA' is about escapism and waiting for change to implement and direct itself under neurotic conditions then be prepared for uncontrollable damage in all or most aspects of African culture.

a society determines when it will embrace certain things - change comes from within... MUSITULETEE! TIA!
Mukiri
#47 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 12:29:05 AM

In Kenya, male gay s3x is frowned upon, with expletives like those used here. But suggest a 3some, to some of these men calling for death, and all of a sudden, women gay s3x is not so taboo.

And what's with the 'casual' call for death, then a turn-around castigating terrorism?

Hii double standards mingi sana!

That said, my take is that permisiveness is how the devil creeps up on you. Brute force, however, cannot be the answer.

Proverbs 19:21
guru267
#48 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 12:58:03 AM

Rollout wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Rollout wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Sodom and Gomora style!

@guru267

A famous man once said...

"What does it profit a man if they gained the whole world and he lost his soul!?"

If I see a homosexual IN THE ACT my Bible and my quran tell me to put them to the sword!

Just because you are born with an abnormality doesn't mean you have the right to change it to normality!

Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
tycho
#49 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 1:07:26 AM

masukuma wrote:
tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Caramba wrote:

@tycho unasoma?

a society determines when it will embrace certain things - change comes from within... MUSITULETEE! TIA!

Change doesn't come from within only. It comes from within and without.

masukuma
#50 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 9:38:33 AM

tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Caramba wrote:

@tycho unasoma?

hiyo ya without ndio hatutaki and thus the statement 'MUSITULETEE'
tycho
#51 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 10:06:04 AM

masukuma wrote:
tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Caramba wrote:

@tycho unasoma?

hiyo ya without ndio hatutaki and thus the statement 'MUSITULETEE'

Am aware of what's happening in our exchange, given previous exchanges. And at least, I also understand your position, and something about change and its challenges.

And since ALL is well for me, I'll just be still.
Mtu Biz
#52 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 10:57:04 AM

Hmm... why is 'tolerance' so one sided.

The tolerant and progressive should find it in themselves to tolerate intolerance.

Sola Scriptura

tycho
#53 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 11:24:38 AM

Mtu Biz wrote:

The tolerant and progressive should find it in themselves to tolerate intolerance.

It's no longer a question of tolerance or intolerance it's a question of being and becoming. The barriers are illusions.
Muriel
#54 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 11:25:24 AM

Mtu Biz wrote:

Tolerance is the new fascism.

A society where tolerance is so pervasive that to say something is wrong will not be tolerated. Fascism.

Thesis and anti-thesis to bring about the same ends. Cute strategy. Out of this world.
Muriel
#55 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 11:27:00 AM

tycho wrote:
Mtu Biz wrote:

It's no longer a question of tolerance or intolerance it's a question of being and becoming. The barriers are illusions.

Evolution.

I am intolerant to that. Can I be tolerated?
tycho
#56 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 11:45:37 AM

Muriel wrote:
tycho wrote:
Mtu Biz wrote:

Evolution.

Muriel, to whom are you presenting this question?
Muriel
#57 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 12:17:24 PM

tycho wrote:
Muriel wrote:
tycho wrote:
Mtu Biz wrote:

Evolution.

Is there any reason why it cannot be you?
Or Mtu Biz?
Or anyone else?
tycho
#58 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 12:49:00 PM

Muriel wrote:
tycho wrote:
Muriel wrote:
tycho wrote:
Mtu Biz wrote:

Evolution.

Is there any reason why it cannot be you?
Or Mtu Biz?
Or anyone else?

Who am I, who's @Mtu biz or the other?

Who are you?
Muriel
#59 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 12:56:22 PM

Embrace or forget.

Who decides what who embraces?
Rollout
#60 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 4:11:36 PM

guru267 wrote:
Rollout wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Rollout wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Sodom and Gomora style!

@guru267

A famous man once said...

"What does it profit a man if they gained the whole world and he lost his soul!?"

If I see a homosexual IN THE ACT my Bible and my quran tell me to put them to the sword!

Just because you are born with an abnormality doesn't mean you have the right to change it to normality!

What makes you think you have a right to have a say on what others do? Anyway; good luck on that!