wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
hackers in safaricom?
swale01
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:52:32 AM

someone help
my phone has been hacked I cant get calls through neither can someone be able to call me. any one who calls me receives a message that am in trouble and need some financial help with the aim of the caller to send the hacker some money. safaricom agents are unable to help me where do I go wazuans?
Caveman
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:05:24 AM

swale01 wrote:
someone help
my phone has been hacked I cant get calls through neither can someone be able to call me. any one who calls me receives a message that am in trouble and need some financial help with the aim of the caller to send the hacker some money. safaricom agents are unable to help me where do I go wazuans?

What have you done so far...e.g. restart phone, change handsets, remove all diverts,......I find it strange.
mozenrat
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:23:06 AM

Call customer care immediately or visit a Safaricom shop.. Your SIM may have been swapped (not hacked).
Mkenia
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:46:16 PM

Ifs a smart phone especially the android; then likely cause is that its a malware. Try the latest antivirus or alternatively flash your phone.
kichwangumu
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 5:41:18 PM

1. Just destroy the damn phone and the SIM card. it possessed by demons. or 2. scream at their facebook/Twitter pages they are quite efficient there.
Stract_Consulting
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 6:52:42 PM

mozenrat wrote:
Call customer care immediately or visit a Safaricom shop.. Your SIM may have been swapped (not hacked).

Sad Sad Sad
If your SIM card is swapped, then it cannot receive calls, make calls, Send or receive SmS or browse or carry out any network activity. The person whom your SIM card was swapped to assumes ownership of the line, and will receive all calls that were directed to your line. The only people who can assist you are Safaricom. Kindly seek help from them and if need be, talk to the cops, but first seek ownership of your SIM card.
Be ignorant and ask a few questions - Peter Drucker
littledove
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:43:15 PM

kichwangumu wrote:
1. Just destroy the damn phone and the SIM card. it possessed by demons. or 2. scream at their facebook/Twitter pages they are quite efficient there.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly u have just teared my libs apart
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
butterflyke
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:59:13 PM

Stract_Consulting wrote:
mozenrat wrote:

Sad Sad Sad
If your SIM card is swapped, then it cannot receive calls, make calls, Send or receive SmS or browse or carry out any network activity. The person whom your SIM card was swapped to assumes ownership of the line, and will receive all calls that were directed to your line. The only people who can assist you are Safaricom. Kindly seek help from them and if need be, talk to the cops, but first seek ownership of your SIM card.

how does this happen? good to know so that we can avoid this happening to more people

pole @swalemdoe
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Rankaz13
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:41:00 PM

butterflyke wrote:
Stract_Consulting wrote:
mozenrat wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

how does this happen? good to know so that we can avoid this happening to more people

pole @swalemdoe

This is one of the tricks they employ.

Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
McReggae
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:14:42 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
butterflyke wrote:
Stract_Consulting wrote:
mozenrat wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

pole @swalemdoe

.....and mostly done in cahoots with some safcom employees with the aim of emptying your Mpesa account, poela!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Gordon Gekko
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 12:47:09 PM

littledove wrote:
kichwangumu wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly u have just teared my libs apart

This 8-4-4 has truly taken our education to the dogs.
Tear - Torn
Wear - Worn

Im assuming libs is ribs, or you meant short for libido?Pray
GITHUKUSM
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:02:05 PM

Gekko wacha mosomo mingi.Kama ummeelewa tulia.
butterflyke
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:53:30 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
butterflyke wrote:
Stract_Consulting wrote:
mozenrat wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

pole @swalemdoe

thanks @Rankaz13. seems the evil minds do not rest...
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
washiku
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:57:30 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
littledove wrote:
kichwangumu wrote:

This 8-4-4 has truly taken our education to the dogs.
Tear - Torn
Wear - Worn

Im assuming libs is ribs, or you meant short for libido?Pray

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
mkeiy
#15 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 10:44:46 AM

GITHUKUSM wrote:
Gekko wacha mosomo mingi.Kama ummeelewa tulia.

Reason why Kenya is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Perfection sounds alien to most.
From gov't to contractors to street cleaners, no perfection.
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
mozenrat
#16 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 3:00:35 PM

Stract_Consulting wrote:
mozenrat wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

Swapping is a legitimate operation carried out by mobile network operators. It is this operation that allows the operator to switch your number to a new SIM card when you report the loss/theft of your phone. You're thus able to retain your number, otherwise you'd have to take a new phone number every time you lost your phone. Unfortunately, sometimes it is abused by dishonest people.

AlphDoti
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:44:02 AM

mozenrat wrote:
Stract_Consulting wrote:
mozenrat wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

Swapping is a legitimate operation carried out by mobile network operators. It is this operation that allows the operator to switch your number to a new SIM card when you report the loss/theft of your phone. You're thus able to retain your number, otherwise you'd have to take a new phone number every time you lost your phone. Unfortunately, sometimes it is abused by dishonest people.

@mozenrat that means when this is verified, it will turn out that someone actually used his ID (fake or genuine) at one of the Safaricom shop to do the swap. I've heard people clone your ID, and put their picture instead of yours.

How can we make sure your true picture is stored by the operators? And also in other institutions that require your ID to transact.
Lolest!
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 8:22:31 PM

Dangerous times, banking apps should be for low balance accounts?
Quote:
Enquiries at a phone shop in the airport showed his line had been replaced on July 3, a day after he shared his information with the bank. He had travelled to Israel on June 26, according to immigration stamps on his passport.

“We also learnt that Sh40,000 had been withdrawn from my account. I do not know how my mobile money PIN was regenerated and issued to strangers. I am at a loss how they identified themselves,” the former banker said.

Mr Wanjiku was to discover the extent of the theft with time as, in all, Sh1.9 million was withdrawn from his mobile money and two bank accounts, one of which was not linked to his mobile phone between July 3 and 4.

Besides the mobile wallet withdrawal, Sh339,000 was withdrawn from his bank account and Sh1.5 million, which was transferred to other banks, from a joint account. He later learnt that his PIN for the accounts had also been replaced and regenerated. The Nation has seen certified bank statements confirming the transactions.

https://www.nation.co.ke...668722-f0dac0/index.html
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 8:34:32 PM

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
winmak
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 10:03:08 PM

I have seen some similar things doing rounds on WhatsApp groups. Have they released any official communication?
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB