wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages123>»
SBG Securities iTrader
Mart_Consult
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:25:17 PM

Just got off the line with a Cutomer Care Exec. at SBG concerning the iTrader platform...and either one of two things...

...them South Africans train Marketing like no-one's business and almost every pitch achieves conversion or two...

What I have just been told sounds like gold...and I am about to get me some gold (use of iTrader platform)...the efficiency, the simplicity, the timeliness, the security...almost comparable to Forex trading platforms...

Just before I rush in though, wisdom prevailed on me to enquire from fellow knowlegeable Wazuans on the actual platform...who has used it and how efficient is it? How does it compare to the previous CFC Stanbic online platform?

Your highly respected insight would be valuable!
I went into the (Ferry) industry knowing the same thing I knew with all other businesses I went into- Nothing. Then I built it from there. - Sheldon Adelson (Titans at the Table- Giants of Macau)
Sober
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:34:57 PM

I was there and was told i have to migrate and join CFC Stanbic brokerage, initially thought any CDSC account could be mounted onto it.
It sounds like doing the actual management of the account remotely, very efficient for people who do their own research and trade at the bourse.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Othelo
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:35:48 PM

And does one pay for using the platform?
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Mart_Consult
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 5:37:17 PM

...@Othelo...it's a free value-adding service to their clients hence it makes sense to require you to open a CDS account with them @Sober (marketing strategy, looking to prop up their commission) ...thank you...
I went into the (Ferry) industry knowing the same thing I knew with all other businesses I went into- Nothing. Then I built it from there. - Sheldon Adelson (Titans at the Table- Giants of Macau)
stocksmaster
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 5:51:46 PM

Mart_Consult wrote:
Just got off the line with a Cutomer Care Exec. at SBG concerning the iTrader platform...and either one of two things...

...them South Africans train Marketing like no-one's business and almost every pitch achieves conversion or two...

What I have just been told sounds like gold...and I am about to get me some gold (use of iTrader platform)...the efficiency, the simplicity, the timeliness, the security...almost comparable to Forex trading platforms...

Just before I rush in though, wisdom prevailed on me to enquire from fellow knowlegeable Wazuans on the actual platform...who has used it and how efficient is it? How does it compare to the previous CFC Stanbic online platform?

Have used the CFC (now SBG) Online Share Trading platform for over 1 year. I only visited the offices once when I was opening the account. The rest (eg shares buying, selling, account top-up or account payment requisitions) are efficiently and effectively conducted online. Buying and selling shares is real time, funds are available immediately you sell shares and payment requisitions (transfering funds from SBG to individual account) is same day if you are a CFC Stanbic account holder or within 24 hrs if banking with other banks.

They do not charge those monthly charges introduced by other stock brokers.

They are extremely efficient and respond immediately you email them concerning any issue. I highly recommend them.

Happy hunting.
nashx
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:20:49 PM

I second the above....best platform I have interacted with so far
Offering my personal finance knowledge for free
Consulting_EAT
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:36:33 PM

Mart_Consult wrote:

It is the same system with a different name and some system upgrades. Btw itrader works on my galaxy tablet (and i presume on other smartphones).
bird_man
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:01:52 PM

Very good, been using their iTrader for over 1.5yrs. I trade often and last time I was at SBG was in 2012 when I opened by CDS account with them.
You only need to have a CFC Stanbic bank branch near you in case you need cash deposits for share purchases.The rest is online.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Aguytrying
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:07:28 PM

no other broker comes close to their services, efficiency and reponse time. as @stocksmaster has pointed out
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
icecube
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:15:09 PM

And I was there today and was told you can even top up your account from Mpesa pay bill.
Othelo
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:22:20 PM

icecube wrote:
And I was there today and was told you can even top up your account from Mpesa pay bill.

That has been there since February 2013 with M-Pesa Business Number - 600102
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
target1360
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:31:10 PM

Othelo wrote:
icecube wrote:

i didnt know about the pay bill no.i presume account no. will be the cds no.
Excellent services
I find satisfaction in owning great business,not trading them
lochaes
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:33:07 PM

heh mtafanya nitoke sterling capital....Laughing out loudly
murchr
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:35:18 PM

CFC stockbrokers are at it again Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Tall Order
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:52:41 PM

It means we are shortchanged by our other stockbrokers, a certain guy I know uses iTrader and I thought they were being charged a premium by SBG only to confirm here that it is the same as the rest, free to use the platform. mmmmh
Murang'a
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:08:11 PM

where are they located?
IMITATION IS LIMITATION
nashx
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:32:51 PM

Murang'a wrote:
where are they located?

Go direct to them don't use their agents- Try Lions Place Westlands that's where I applied from
Offering my personal finance knowledge for free
Murang'a
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:38:02 PM

nashx wrote:
Murang'a wrote:
where are they located?

Go direct to them don't use their agents- Try Lions Place Westlands that's where I applied from

Thanks man.
IMITATION IS LIMITATION
kyt
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:51:38 PM

CFC HQ, Chiromo Road
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
icecube
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:42:20 AM

Othelo wrote:
icecube wrote:

OK. And the account number is your CDS number.