#41 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 10:45:19 AM

Euge wrote:
Mainat wrote:
Let me see if I can become a member

Forget it. We have lost our money. Please dont join us in our misery

spread the misery!

After going through this thread, please Don't touch, that would literally be throwing away your money!!!
#42 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 11:40:27 AM

@Kaigangio - Are you a member? Are we likely to ever see our titles??

Ama hii itamalizika Kihui Mwiri style???

@ MaichBlack, I am not a member and I don't ever wish to be with this kamuthi housing coop society.

Here is my story of why I hate them...

In mid 2009 I bought some plots from a resident who had sub-divided his one and a half acre land in maziwa estate. As soon as we negotiated the purchase prices, the owner told me that it is in the best interest for both of us to draw and execute the sales agreement at the kamuthi housing cooperative society's offices in maziwa. The owner was a staunch member. I did not object to this.

After a couple of days, as agreed with the owner, we executed the sales agreement in kamuthi's offices in maziwa estate (after making the full payments), and the owner paid a deposit of kshs 100k to the kamuthi executive officials for surveyors works in processing all the rest upto the final stage of release of the title deeds. It was all smiles for everyone, Ben, Njoroge and Ngotho as the plots sales witnesses who scooped some kshs 13k from me for their "good" work and will. They also told me more about the land that they had purchased in Thika (Buffalo Springs) which did not have a name at the time and they would want me to become a member and a beneficiary of a piece of the land if I paid kshs 40k. I just gave them my details which they entered into their membership records and told them that I would make the payments at a later date. An hour and a half later, as we walked out of the meeting room to the parking outside, hardly did we know that that was the start of along agonising game of hide and seek between me and the old man (plots seller) on one side and kamuthi housing coop society on the other.

Three months later, I went to see the plots seller to enquire on the progress. He told me that he had been in constant touch with the executive officials of kamuthi who had informed him that actually the works on sub-division approvals had already been initiated by the surveyor. So far so good, I thought, as I headed to monacco in kasarani for a tubukiza ugali lunch.

Six months later, the plots seller told me the same story. So, I suggested that we needed to go to kamuthi offices together to find out the actual status as the old man was too susceptible to lies by these very trusted officials. A month later we booked for an appointment. Remember here that ten months before, we needed no appointment to see these godamned executive officials. We met with officials and I asked them some hard questions which they did not answer satisfactorily. In summary, they told us that the surveyor who was undertaking the works was a very experienced professional who knew his way around the former Nairobi City Council lands offices and as such there was no reason for us to worry. They further told us there were other almost 2000 residents who had similar issues and they were all being handled together through kamuthi's office.

As we walked out, we agreed with the old man that from then henceforth we would be making our own independent visits to this office and whatever news we got from kamuthi we would compare notes. This opened another chapter of even more interesting games from kamuthi executive officials (aka chairman and the secretary) only available and seen in wild national geographic or animal planet television channels!

Stay tuned forks for the juicy part.
#43 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 12:04:43 PM

@ MaichBlack, I am not a member and I don't ever wish to be with this kamuthi housing coop society.

In mid 2009 I bought some plots from a resident who had sub-divided his one and a half acre land in maziwa estate. As soon as we negotiated the purchase prices, the owner told me that it is in the best interest for both of us to draw and execute the sales agreement at the kamuthi housing cooperative society's offices in maziwa. The owner was a staunch member. I did not object to this.

After a couple of days, as agreed with the owner, we executed the sales agreement in kamuthi's offices in maziwa estate (after making the full payments), and the owner paid a deposit of kshs 100k to the kamuthi executive officials for surveyors works in processing all the rest upto the final stage of release of the title deeds. It was all smiles for everyone, Ben, Njoroge and Ngotho as the plots sales witnesses who scooped some kshs 13k from me for their "good" work and will. They also told me more about the land that they had purchased in Thika (Buffalo Springs) which did not have a name at the time and they would want me to become a member and a beneficiary of a piece of the land if I paid kshs 40k. I just gave them my details which they entered into their membership records and told them that I would make the payments at a later date. An hour and a half later, as we walked out of the meeting room to the parking outside, hardly did we know that that was the start of along agonising game of hide and seek between me and the old man (plots seller) on one side and kamuthi housing coop society on the other.

Three months later, I went to see the plots seller to enquire on the progress. He told me that he had been in constant touch with the executive officials of kamuthi who had informed him that actually the works on sub-division approvals had already been initiated by the surveyor. So far so good, I thought, as I headed to monacco in kasarani for a tubukiza ugali lunch.

Six months later, the plots seller told me the same story. So, I suggested that we needed to go to kamuthi offices together to find out the actual status as the old man was too susceptible to lies by these very trusted officials. A month later we booked for an appointment. Remember here that ten months before, we needed no appointment to see these godamned executive officials. We met with officials and I asked them some hard questions which they did not answer satisfactorily. In summary, they told us that the surveyor who was undertaking the works was a very experienced professional who knew his way around the former Nairobi City Council lands offices and as such there was no reason for us to worry. They further told us there were other almost 2000 residents who had similar issues and they were all being handled together through kamuthi's office.

As we walked out, we agreed with the old man that from then henceforth we would be making our own independent visits to this office and whatever news we got from kamuthi we would compare notes. This opened another chapter of even more interesting games from kamuthi executive officials (aka chairman and the secretary) only available and seen in wild national geographic or animal planet television channels!

Puhlis puhlis puhlis, do not start another story before you finish this one
#44 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 1:18:57 PM

Was thinking of a takeover assuming that the assets are viable. Which they are...
Surely they are enough disgruntled members
#45 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 1:51:09 PM

Puhlis puhlis puhlis, do not start another story before you finish this one

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly As I read the story, these were my exact sentiments. The unfinished stories are many including Kenyatta Hospital.
#46 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 1:57:09 PM

Kratos wrote:
Pray Pray so what happens to us that purchased the land (non-members? Will we ever see the titles? Interestingly they keep saying that the plots are almost out, where are the other buyers ama ni mimi tuu?

From where??? One mother title. One set of mother fs!!!

"Chaba" ikienda inaenda yote!!!

The only difference is that they don't call you asking for "loans" by force. For you, they give you a nice story of how the process is on going. Just hope they get their sh!t together.
#47 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 2:21:50 PM

Mainat wrote:
Was thinking of a takeover assuming that the assets are viable. Which they are...
Surely they are enough disgruntled members

What assets?? For all we know, they might be at negative equity!
#48 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 2:29:16 PM

....Come mid 2010, I went to kamuthi offices and met with the secretary and asked about the progress so far. The Buffalo Springs was really selling good...the office had just had a face lift and they had even build a storeyed office extension where they had moved to a couple of weeks before. The secretary had even gained weight, and he was a complete contrast from the man I knew almost 24 years back. Anyhow, the secretary did not even seem to remember about our issue which he told me to remind him. I did. He gave the same answer that they had given me a few months before. Upon asking on who exactly the surveyor was dealing with at NCC, he couldn't tell me. Where exactly the documentation had reached at NCC, he could not tell me. At this juncture I started smelling a very huge stinking f***ing rat!.

Three months later, the plots seller and I went back after securing an appointment which I had made a couple of days before. We met the chairman, who asked the secretary to join us, and sought to know what exactly was going on. They told us that in a few days’ time we would be contacted so that we could be informed of the progress so far. None of our questions were answered. Instead they were ranting about the eminent changes in the Nairobi City Council order to new Nairobi County Council and how the sub-division approvals will be delayed and other operations affected. He advised us that instead of going there we could discuss all that we needed to know on phone since his phone was open to any member of the society and the residents.

From there, the officials were readily available to answer the questions in the very first few calls. Later the calls started going unanswered and when they were answered the fellows were claiming to be in a meeting. This went through to a better part of 2011 when the plot seller and I decided that we would not need to call any more and instead revert back to the old ways of going to kamuthi offices. The first two, three visits were successful and we managed to get the officials, but did not get any new information. The fourth visit I was told that the chairman and the secretary were not in despite the fact that I could see their vehicles in the parking!!! These idiots were in!! The offices are fitted with a good access control system on the main door from visitor waiting hall/reception to the main executive and other offices. I could not go through. A week later in a morning, I visited kamuthi offices again and the same thing happened. I tried calling the officials cell phones later that afternoon but they all went unanswered. After that, it was visit kamuthi offices, officials not there…call later, phones not answered. I tried reversing the activity sequence of calling first, phones not answered…visit the office, as usual officials not in!!! All along the same case was happening to the plots seller. We gave up and decided to explore other means.

In 2012, the old man informed me that there was a meeting which had been organized by kamuthi society at kamuthi offices for all the residents who had issues with their land sub-divisions that kamuthi was handling. I personally did not attend, but the plot seller did and he called me the following day for updates. When we met later that day I did not hear whatever I wanted to hear. The old man told me that actually the surveyor who was brought in by kamuthi was not the one that had carried out the sub-division works at his land and others. When the residents raised this concern, kamuthi officials told them that they (kamuthi) had broken ranks with the original surveyor and that this surveyor would take over from where the other surveyor had terminated. The new surveyor had issued a fee structure which detailed all the works involved from sub-division to title deed acquisition. This, the old man told me, happened when they were walking out after the meeting. When I looked at the structure, I got the impression that the process was to start all over again and I told the old man the same. He just looked at me with wide open eyes and his mouth open just like the spanner size number 10!! “Woooiiii, ngiri ciakwa igana ni cianyua kagera!! Ma ma ma ma ya Ngai nii ndii koma itoragite mundu!!!! Mimi nitaua mtu leo mimi!!!” I heard the old man exclaim almost to a shouting level. I did not have any business staying any longer there as the old man was extremely tense and enraged. I just told him that I was going to carry out an investigation as to how the previous surveyor fell out with kamuthi and why…
Baratang
#49 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 3:04:12 PM

....“Woooiiii, ngiri ciakwa igana ni cianyua kagera!! Ma ma ma ma ya Ngai nii ndii koma itoragite mundu!!!! Mimi nitaua mtu leo mimi!!!”...

Eish!!, land dealers, see now what you are doing to old people.
If these kamuthi officials could do this to their old members, what would stop them from doing it to the new ones?

#50 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 3:23:16 PM

....Come mid 2010, I went to kamuthi offices and met with the secretary and asked about the progress so far. The Buffalo Springs was really selling good...the office had just had a face lift and they had even build a storeyed office extension where they had moved to a couple of weeks before. The secretary had even gained weight, and he was a complete contrast from the man I knew almost 24 years back. Anyhow, the secretary did not even seem to remember about our issue which he told me to remind him. I did. He gave the same answer that they had given me a few months before. Upon asking on who exactly the surveyor was dealing with at NCC, he couldn't tell me. Where exactly the documentation had reached at NCC, he could not tell me. At this juncture I started smelling a very huge stinking f***ing rat!.

Three months later, the plots seller and I went back after securing an appointment which I had made a couple of days before. We met the chairman, who asked the secretary to join us, and sought to know what exactly was going on. They told us that in a few days’ time we would be contacted so that we could be informed of the progress so far. None of our questions were answered. Instead they were ranting about the eminent changes in the Nairobi City Council order to new Nairobi County Council and how the sub-division approvals will be delayed and other operations affected. He advised us that instead of going there we could discuss all that we needed to know on phone since his phone was open to any member of the society and the residents.

From there, the officials were readily available to answer the questions in the very first few calls. Later the calls started going unanswered and when they were answered the fellows were claiming to be in a meeting. This went through to a better part of 2011 when the plot seller and I decided that we would not need to call any more and instead revert back to the old ways of going to kamuthi offices. The first two, three visits were successful and we managed to get the officials, but did not get any new information. The fourth visit I was told that the chairman and the secretary were not in despite the fact that I could see their vehicles in the parking!!! These idiots were in!! The offices are fitted with a good access control system on the main door from visitor waiting hall/reception to the main executive and other offices. I could not go through. A week later in a morning, I visited kamuthi offices again and the same thing happened. I tried calling the officials cell phones later that afternoon but they all went unanswered. After that, it was visit kamuthi offices, officials not there…call later, phones not answered. I tried reversing the activity sequence of calling first, phones not answered…visit the office, as usual officials not in!!! All along the same case was happening to the plots seller. We gave up and decided to explore other means.

In 2012, the old man informed me that there was a meeting which had been organized by kamuthi society at kamuthi offices for all the residents who had issues with their land sub-divisions that kamuthi was handling. I personally did not attend, but the plot seller did and he called me the following day for updates. When we met later that day I did not hear whatever I wanted to hear. The old man told me that actually the surveyor who was brought in by kamuthi was not the one that had carried out the sub-division works at his land and others. When the residents raised this concern, kamuthi officials told them that they (kamuthi) had broken ranks with the original surveyor and that this surveyor would take over from where the other surveyor had terminated. The new surveyor had issued a fee structure which detailed all the works involved from sub-division to title deed acquisition. This, the old man told me, happened when they were walking out after the meeting. When I looked at the structure, I got the impression that the process was to start all over again and I told the old man the same. He just looked at me with wide open eyes and his mouth open just like the spanner size number 10!! “Woooiiii, ngiri ciakwa igana ni cianyua kagera!! Ma ma ma ma ya Ngai nii ndii koma itoragite mundu!!!! Mimi nitaua mtu leo mimi!!!” I heard the old man exclaim almost to a shouting level. I did not have any business staying any longer there as the old man was extremely tense and enraged. I just told him that I was going to carry out an investigation as to how the previous surveyor fell out with kamuthi and why…

Never trust the teller, trust the talePray
From my hamlet in Ngoliba I used to see big car motorcades going to Kamuthi's Soya Dam every weekend. Now I only see bodabodas.
Ethiteri
#51 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:16:31 AM

Del

Ethiteri
#52 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:18:58 AM

And there are a few others that have come up and unfortunately the same trend is bring seen.A sudden change in lifestyle of the offocials is a tell tale sign.

They are real estate companies with a SACCO component and one is paid 2% per month on their deposits.Their officials are also "Annointed men of God"with a vision to liberate Gods people from soil merchants.

If you want to know them listen to Inooro or watch Njata TV.

How do we stop them?How can we stop the spread of misery?

NB:-Thika Greens has also gone burst.Plots being sold at the original price of 2009 to clear debt ya Equity.

geofreygachie
#53 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:08:26 AM

Ethiteri wrote:
And there are a few others that have come up and unfortunately the same trend is bring seen.A sudden change in lifestyle of the offocials is a tell tale sign.

They are real estate companies with a SACCO component and one is paid 2% per month on their deposits.Their officials are also "Annointed men of God"with a vision to liberate Gods people from soil merchants.

NB:-Thika Greens has also gone burst.Plots being sold at the original price of 2009 to clear debt ya Equity.

You mean hutaEKEZA ???
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:19:15 AM

geofreygachie wrote:
Ethiteri wrote:
And there are a few others that have come up and unfortunately the same trend is bring seen.A sudden change in lifestyle of the officials is a tell tale sign.

You mean hutaEKEZA ???

Just smoke them out before they con us ........ name names smile
#55 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:25:58 AM

Kratos wrote:
Pray Pray so what happens to us that purchased the land (non-members? Will we ever see the titles? Interestingly they keep saying that the plots are almost out, where are the other buyers ama ni mimi tuu?

The only difference is that they don't call you asking for "loans" by force. For you, they give you a nice story of how the process is on going. Just hope they get their sh!t together.

Pole sana Kaka, we will endure! Anyway please keep us updated on any new developments so that we can look at the options.

In the meantime what would be the legal recourse in such a murky case for both members and non-members

#56 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:47:55 AM

Ethiteri wrote:

What was the original price? How can I get a piece of the pie (Hoping they don't have Kamuthi Gimmicks!)

The real estate bubble is slowly deflating (if not bursting!) The number of real estate firms holding onto unsold plots is very high!!

The fellows who were selling overpriced plots next to Juja mall (with "55% sold") have returned the ka advert next to the plots one year later. Still "55% sold". Same price.

The Ruiru Greens guys are still at "90% sold" many months and billboards later!
#57 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:50:31 AM

Kratos wrote:

Pole sana Kaka, we will endure! Anyway please keep us updated on any new developments so that we can look at the options.

In the meantime what would be the legal recourse in such a murky case for both members and non-members

We might soon have to talk to @mawinder
#58 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 10:10:09 AM

Kratos wrote:

We might soon have to talk to @mawinder

Dont dispatch RTM but disable/maim nicely proper ..........My principle!!!
#59 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:22:49 AM

Ethiteri wrote:

What was the original price? How can I get a piece of the pie (Hoping they don't have Kamuthi Gimmicks!)

The real estate bubble is slowly deflating (if not bursting!) The number of real estate firms holding onto unsold plots are many!!

The fellows who were selling overpriced plots next to Juja mall (with "55% sold") have returned the ka advert next to the plots one year later. Still "55% sold". Same price.

I would be interested in Thika Greens. @Ethiteri how much are they selling at?
kimanimsc
#60 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:35:52 AM

Euge wrote:
Ethiteri wrote:

The real estate bubble is slowly deflating (if not bursting!) The number of real estate firms holding onto unsold plots are many!!

I would be interested in Thika Greens. @Ethiteri how much are they selling at?

Special Offer - 1/8 acre plots fully serviced in Phase 2 at Ksh. 3 Million

Yesterday's tweet