wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

65 Pages«<5051525354>»
Briatm, Britam, Britam sounds like sweet candy!
actuarywahisa
#1021 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 1:27:02 AM

mlennyma wrote:
actuarywahisa wrote:
Now why is the IFC deal turning into a rally? Kwani it's a takeover?

it's a vote of confidence for a big fund to be a shareholder

OK. What's the difference between Britam and ARM? is it the extra cash being pumped in and available to work vs retiring of debt? Or is it just better PR?

I thought profits sustain share price and not just confidence or hope of a bright future.
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
alotoftalk
#1022 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 4:18:56 AM

My initial thought was Munga flipping his "Rawat" shares to IFC. But if these are newly created shares being subscribed for (j.mp/2i4HTa0) then my guess is that they ran into capital adequacy issues after resetting their FY reserves based on gross premium valuation methodology (which they adopted in the current year) plus mark-to-market of their portfolio and impairment of some of KES 3.2 Bn in deposits held with financial institutions a proportion of which must be at either Chase or Imperial.

The dilution by IFC therefore became a necessary evil.

The subscription date of 30/12/2016, a day just before the FY books close (31/12/2016) is also an interesting tidbit.
Investment philosophy development in progress...
Ebenyo
#1023 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 6:17:59 AM

alotoftalk wrote:
My initial thought was Munga flipping his "Rawat" shares to IFC. But if these are newly created shares being subscribed for (j.mp/2i4HTa0) then my guess is that they ran into capital adequacy issues after resetting their FY reserves based on gross premium valuation methodology (which they adopted in the current year) plus mark-to-market of their portfolio and impairment of some of KES 3.2 Bn in deposits held with financial institutions a proportion of which must be at either Chase or Imperial.

The subscription date of 30/12/2016, a day just before the FY books close (31/12/2016) is also an interesting tidbit.

They have played their game smart enough to hoodwink ignorant shareholders.
When somebody hears 'world bank',feels like Jesus coming to your house physically to dine with u.
This is massive dillution,and sooner or later there will be price correction.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#1024 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 7:17:28 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
alotoftalk wrote:

They have played their game smart enough to hoodwink ignorant shareholders.
When somebody hears 'world bank',feels like Jesus coming to your house physically to dine with u.
This is massive dillution,and sooner or later there will be price correction.

The firm is doing quite badly.. And getting out now will be difficult since float is concentrated around a few.. Massive supply expected today

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
actuarywahisa
#1025 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 8:55:04 AM

alotoftalk wrote:

That subscription date shouts compliance
more than anything. Thank you for pointing that out.

More cash, just like a takeover over of another business, is not a good or a bad thing. What one does with the money or the acquired business is what counts. Profits and not hope.
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
Ericsson
#1026 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 9:15:12 AM

This just shows that half year results were cooked and sugar coated.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#1027 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 9:23:12 AM

BRITAM=UAP
mlennyma
#1028 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 9:24:38 AM

Ericsson wrote:

I will make my money and exit before munga exits,yesterday I was over 15% to the good
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#1029 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 9:36:25 AM

mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I will make my money and exit before munga exits,yesterday I was over 15% to the good

All the best @mlennyma the future belongs to the bold

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Kausha
#1030 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 9:56:41 AM

obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

This is dilute on number of shares basis but they are paying a signficant premium to the market suggesting the company is substantially undervalued at current market prices.

Brit remains an attractive target for global multinational insurance firms looking at market share in this region.

Ignore at your own peril but it will be one of the better performing stocks by half year. Take that to the bank.
Pesa Nane
#1031 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 11:10:38 AM

For records

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
hisah
#1032 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 11:24:37 AM

Kausha wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

This is dilute on number of shares basis but they are paying a signficant premium to the market suggesting the company is substantially undervalued at current market prices.

Brit remains an attractive target for global multinational insurance firms looking at market share in this region.

Ignore at your own peril but it will be one of the better performing stocks by half year. Take that to the bank.

IFC is a last resort funding source as a member of the world bank. This should not generate any excitement rather more queries on what is going in. Is Britam facing funds distress?

IFC was roped in the KQ rights issue back in 2012 to try and save the issue from flopping as it faced a serious NO BID situation. Fast forward to 2015, Stanlib I-REIT IPO also experienced a severe NO BID scenario and IFC was roped in to save the issue for it to float.

Nothing has changed for this golden handcuff. But for the market magicians to rope in IFC, indeed desperation has set in d'oh!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Pesa Nane
#1033 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 11:32:26 AM

hisah wrote:

IFC is a last resort funding source as a member of the world bank. This should not generate any excitement rather more queries on what is going in. Is Britam facing funds distress?

IFC was roped in the KQ rights issue back in 2012 to try and save the issue from flopping as it faced a serious NO BID situation. Fast forward to 2015, Stanlib I-REIT IPO also experienced a severe NO BID scenario and IFC was roped in to save the issue for it to float.

Nothing has changed for this golden handcuff. But for the market magicians to rope in IFC, indeed desperation has set in d'oh!

Quote:
IFC to purchase minority stake in Britam

The International Finance Corporation (IFC) has entered into a share subscription agreement with Britam Holdings for 224.2MN shares (10.37% of issued ordinary share capital) at KES 15.85 per
share (KES 3.5BN). This represents a 58.85% premium on Britam’s closing price of KES 10.00 as at Friday 30th December 2016 and would place the deal at P/E and P/B multiples of 159.9x and 1.6x respectively. The deal is subject to regulatory and shareholder approvals. Currently, Britam trades at P/E and P/B multiples of 100.9x and 1.0x respectively against industry median P/E and P/B multiples of 9.39x and 1.11x respectively. (Source: NSE, DBIB Research)

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
smitha
#1034 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 11:44:55 AM

Guys, quick question. I am currently invested in the Britam Money Market Fund. If Britam was ever to go bust, would my investment be ringfenced and protected? The funds are held with StanChart I believe.
Ericsson
#1035 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 12:04:50 PM

@smitha;
If Britam goes burst your money is gone.
A liquidator will have to be appointed who will look into the assets and liabilities.
Dispose off some assets to first pay creditors then the balance will be used to pay you the policy holder.
Your investment is not ring fenced and protected by the mere fact they are held at stanchart
Ericsson
#1036 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 12:06:36 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
For records

This just validates/justifies the Mauritius government claims that Rawat was running a ponzi scheme using depositors money.
Just look at the sequence of events
Angelica _ann
#1037 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 12:07:41 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@smitha;
A liquidator will have to be appointed who will look into the assets and liabilities.
Dispose off some assets to first pay creditors then the balance will be used to pay you the policy holder.
Your investment is not ring fenced and protected by the mere fact they are held at stanchart

Money market fund is not a policy!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#1038 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 12:14:32 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@smitha;

Money market fund is not a policy!!!!

Okay whichever but the key is any person whom Britam has their money.
actuarywahisa
#1039 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 2:58:49 PM

The whole matter of finding the person who will agree to pump in money and the resulting dilution or the Ts&Cs that come with external money is something KQ shareholders will also need to grapple with sooner rather than later. And sadly I think the share will rally even then!
Ericsson
#1040 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 4:01:01 PM

Share price fall has commenced