wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

65 Pages«<910111213>»
Briatm, Britam, Britam sounds like sweet candy!
MoneyMonger
#201 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 3:38:25 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mainat wrote:
I recall a discussion here re Cytonn. I maintain the issues are with the Britam peeps not with Cytonn

If the 23% guy oversaw collapse of a whole bank, why would I trust the plans he has for Britam. Its time to sell. I warned you guys 2years ago.. Its time to flee

Britam: Apr 29 2013 8.25 Currently 20/-
KQ: Apr 29 2013 10.95 Currently 7.45

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Though @Obiero has a point from TODAY onwards. History is history. Not relevant to us today.

Hehe. Im not the one who caused KQ to drop. Thanks for the kind words.. Let history be history, though KQ shall go to back 100 bob in a few yrs

@Obiero...since Rawat is seeking Medical attention and is an Old fellow, it would be easy to relieve him directorship in board and have him represented by someone else frendly to Britam and with Zero interest in Bramer bank. This is how Business work as in politics we think ahead. That kind of Idea will have made AKI and the rest allegations baseless. Again it will come to dawn to you that the Bramer issue is nothing more than Mauritius Politics. Rawat may have funded his defeated candidate in the concluded elections and is time to scare the roaches.

Seems the Mauritius government is keen on taking over Rawat's share in Britam.

Link
There is nothing as dangerous as an Idea, when there is only one Idea
enyands
#202 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 3:49:18 AM

MoneyMonger wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mainat wrote:
I recall a discussion here re Cytonn. I maintain the issues are with the Britam peeps not with Cytonn

If the 23% guy oversaw collapse of a whole bank, why would I trust the plans he has for Britam. Its time to sell. I warned you guys 2years ago.. Its time to flee

Britam: Apr 29 2013 8.25 Currently 20/-
KQ: Apr 29 2013 10.95 Currently 7.45

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Though @Obiero has a point from TODAY onwards. History is history. Not relevant to us today.

Hehe. Im not the one who caused KQ to drop. Thanks for the kind words.. Let history be history, though KQ shall go to back 100 bob in a few yrs

@Obiero...since Rawat is seeking Medical attention and is an Old fellow, it would be easy to relieve him directorship in board and have him represented by someone else frendly to Britam and with Zero interest in Bramer bank. This is how Business work as in politics we think ahead. That kind of Idea will have made AKI and the rest allegations baseless. Again it will come to dawn to you that the Bramer issue is nothing more than Mauritius Politics. Rawat may have funded his defeated candidate in the concluded elections and is time to scare the roaches.

Seems the Mauritius government is keen on taking over Rawat's share in Britam.

Link

Here is the link ::
http://www.standardmedia...ugitive-holds-in-britam
VituVingiSana
#203 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 10:07:38 AM

Mauritius doesn't waste time! They have nabbed the assets of the Rawats before they can sell off their assets & hide the money!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Realtreaty
#204 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 12:39:24 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Mauritius doesn't waste time! They have nabbed the assets of the Rawats before they can sell off their assets & hide the money!

My assumption of takeover and the politics of the day was very true.
The New PM is quickly spraying everywhere to kill the old roaches and may forget his family may breathe the same poison and die.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#205 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:10:04 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

The New PM is quickly spraying everywhere to kill the old roaches and may forget his family may breathe the same poison and die.

Really!! the Mauritian govt reaction is impressive. I expect no impact on Britam. Infact I do believe the Britam insiders will raise sufficient capital to buy out the Bai investments in Britam, then take time to find a suitable strategic partner if they so wish. They cannot however allow some no name to take up the shares and the 2 board seats that go with it.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
MaichBlack
#206 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:58:47 AM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Really!! the Mauritian govt reaction is impressive. I expect no impact on Britam. Infact I do believe the Britam insiders will raise sufficient capital to buy out the Bai investments in Britam, then take time to find a suitable strategic partner if they so wish. They cannot however allow some no name to take up the shares and the 2 board seats that go with it.

Signs of very low levels of corruption in Mauritius.

In Kenya, Rawat would have distributed a ka loose billion like this and that story would have kwishad like that. And mind you, a billion is too much. 300 million could have done the job - from buying MPs to institutions (their leadership) and any relevant person in between.

In a couple of weeks, the Scheme would have been declared a figment of peoples imagination and Rawat cleared by parliamentary committees, oversight organisations etc. A judge somewhere would order the striking off his name in any reports that mention him negatively with reference to Ponzi schemes - past, present and future - real or imagined!

And then it would be business as usual!

How many Pyramid scheme thugs are in Kenyan prisons? And most of them are known! Others are now MPs turned rapists. More like rapists turned MPigs!!! Welcome to Kenya.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
VituVingiSana
#207 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:14:15 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

In Kenya, Rawat would have distributed a ka loose billion like this and that story would have kwishad like that. And mind you, a billion is too much. 300 million could have done the job - from buying MPs to institutions (their leadership) and any relevant person in between.

In a couple of weeks, the Scheme would have been declared a figment of peoples imagination and Rawat cleared by parliamentary committees, oversight organisations etc. A judge somewhere would order the striking off his name in any reports that mention him negatively with reference to Ponzi schemes - past, present and future - real or imagined!

How many Pyramid scheme thugs are in Kenyan prisons? And most of them are known! Others are now MPs turned rapists. More like rapists turned MPigs!!! Welcome to Kenya.

Shhh! Don't tell @RealTreaty that. He believes in letting Ponzi Schemes ride as long as one supports the politicians...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
faa
#208 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:22:53 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Shhh! Don't tell @RealTreaty that. He believes in letting Ponzi Schemes ride as long as one supports the politicians...

its just a matter of time before Kenya changes as well.

With what the president is doing, i believe within 2- 3 years corruption in Kenya will be at the least minimal levels
VituVingiSana
#209 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:33:32 PM

faa wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

With what the president is doing, i believe within 2- 3 years corruption in Kenya will be at the least minimal levels

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Liar Liar Liar Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Liar Liar Liar Let's revisit this in 2018 ;-) ... What UK is doing is preparing for 2017. Singh is no longer an asset. Unfortunately, to neutralize Singh, he is forced to make deals with other groupings.
MaichBlack
#210 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:41:35 PM

I am loving Roshi Bhadain, Mauritius Minister for Financial Services, Good Governance and Institutional Reform!

Quote:
Bhadain, whose relatively new Ministry champions good governance, says the crisis and Mauritius’ response are an opportunity for change.

“Fraud happens,” he said, citing Enron and Lehman Brothers in the United States, and BCCI, the Maxwell Affair and Polly Peck in the United Kingdom. “It has been dealt with swiftly.

“The Finance Minister decided the National Commercial Bank was going to take everything on board and safeguard the interests of (Bramer Bank’s) depositors and employees. We reassured (BAI’s 135,000) regular policyholders that the government is going to secure their policies. Then we started a massive exercise to understand what had happened, who was responsible and why it happened.”

The result was a decision to fire the chief executive of the Financial Services Commission, the head of the Financial Reporting Council, and a ten-person national committee on corporate governance.

“The name of the game is to learn from these (crises) and bring appropriate legislation to make sure the loopholes people are using to abuse the system are closed down,” Bhadain says.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#211 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:51:02 PM

faa wrote:

We need actions. We need to see results.

Until some huge, fat fish with major political connections or a politician himself/herself is prosecuted, thrown in prison and their property taken over and auctioned to recover lost money, I am not holding my breath!!!

Firing people doesn't help. I steal a billion and the best you can do is fire me? And I get to keep the billion!!?? Let's get serious!!!
heri
#212 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:53:22 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

You have put it so well. if you watched this latest investigation by KTN and how kids are being killed through lead poisoning in the name of making money

Its Sad. No one is ever held to account

But sometimes i wonder who to blame. We are the ones who elect these people to office . Maybe we are all just greedy whether we accept 500 bob to vote in thugs or we ask for millions to clear off a thug
MaichBlack
#213 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:58:28 PM

Quote:
Mr Dawood Rawat issued an open letter Tuesday from France, where he says he is receiving medical treatment, saying he is willing to appear before a French court and answer questions from Mauritian authorities submitted through letters rogatory. He says he cannot receive fair treatment in Mauritius, whose government he accuses of “violent attacks” and “excess speeches” against his honour.

“I formally deny having committed the acts described by those who defame me,” the letter reads. “I will ensure that these attacks on my integrity are severely punished by the law.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Is this arrogance, confusion or exactly what disease is he suffering from (now that he is receiving treatment)???
enyands
#214 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:02:32 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
faa wrote:

Until some huge, fat fish with major political connections or a politician himself/herself is prosecuted, thrown in prison and their property taken over and auctioned to recover lost money, I am not holding my breath!!!

Firing people doesn't help. I steal a billion and the best you can do is fire me? And I get to keep the billion!!?? Let's get serious!!!

*maichblack it's been awhile . Kwani you went hibernating like the spring bear. Anyway it's good to hear from you mwaga mtama
MaichBlack
#215 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:32:57 PM

enyands wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
faa wrote:

*maichblack it's been awhile . Kwani you went hibernating like the spring bear. Anyway it's good to hear from you mwaga mtama

He he he. Thanks. Kazi imekuwa kibao kama vodka!

We have to look for money to invest. Being a long term investor, I have to look for new money for new investments! Sio ile ya uza A, nunua B, uza nusu ya B, rudia A.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I might be hibernating again for a week or two then come back full swing!
Mainat
#216 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:52:15 PM

If I was a Britam investor, I'd read the BDA article describing BAI's business model and have a very thoughtful drink or two before liquidating my position
Sehemu ndio nyumba
Mukiri
#217 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:30:07 PM

enyands wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
faa wrote:

Mumias. He hadn't actalized his 100% gain, now things are in reverse

Proverbs 19:21
Realtreaty
#218 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 1:00:09 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Quote:
Mr Dawood Rawat issued an open letter Tuesday from France, where he says he is receiving medical treatment, saying he is willing to appear before a French court and answer questions from Mauritian authorities submitted through letters rogatory. He says he cannot receive fair treatment in Mauritius, whose government he accuses of “violent attacks” and “excess speeches” against his honour.

“I formally deny having committed the acts described by those who defame me,” the letter reads. “I will ensure that these attacks on my integrity are severely punished by the law.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Is this arrogance, confusion or exactly what disease is he suffering from (now that he is receiving treatment)???

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
he is being treated from a disease called Richness Hangover (RH)Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Kastone
#219 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:40:23 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Haha, past, present and future, I like that, but sadly its true. Corruption is deep!
“The beauty of success is that it doesn’t matter how many times you have failed, you only have to be right once and then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” - Mark Cuban
Realtreaty
#220 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2015 7:59:39 PM