wazua Tue, Mar 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

A place to hold birthday for my kid
Feish
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:39:00 PM

I know here in sk we get people with almost all solutions. Thanks guys for that (Ladies too). I need to hold a birthday bash for my kid but i dont prefer it in my house......hiyo kuosha viombo na afterbash blues sitaki!!!. So i need a venue where i can have a party,expecting some kids to come and i really want them to enjoy. Na few grown ups too.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

life is an endless adventure
luxel
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:32:00 AM

Assuming you are in Nairobi,

Try rock city along kiambu road. The place can be noisy so if you have people 'talking' or speeches then try Upperhill food court,they will organise a private jumping castle (on sunday).

If money is not an issue,then Nairobi serena is always the best.
marimari
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:53:00 AM

Try Splash water works. Kids wld love it.
Quote:
The Sky is not the limit but the foundation of Heaven
Quote:
..........Marimari
mukiha
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:33:00 AM

Children's traffic park,next to Central Park,next to Uhuru park.

You have to bring everything though...snacks,drinks,paper/plastic plates & cups etc. But it has a good private environment

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Iganamagana
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:41:00 AM

Mukiha,

Are you sure? Is this not the place Sunny Bindra said is run down and has dis-interested personnel? The inquirer is looking for a place to hold a birthday bash not a place to torture the kids. Anyway,you could be right. It might be an ideal place.

IGANA.
Blackberry
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:21:00 AM

do you belong to a club,or ask a friend who is a member. then all you do is request them to cater....

Opinion is free,truth is sacred.

Opinion is free, truth is sacred.

mukiha
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:58:00 AM

@Iganamagana;

My friend held a birthday party there two years ago and I liked the place.

I am also a regular visitor of Central Park...I take my kids to the Children's Play Ground to swing a few time every month [I am grateful to Gakuo for that facility] and on several occassions I have seen other people holding parties at the Traffic Park

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Iganamagana
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:10:00 AM

@ Mukiha.

I could have gotten the wrong impression from the newspaper commentary. I will check it out soon. Thanks.

IGANA.
hello
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:55:00 AM

Oilibya petrol station on Limuru road they can arrange for you. They have play ground kind of thing......

Also Steers village market or any other steers can arrange for you ......

good investor,but poor in mathamatakos.
I want to be a millionaire.
jaribu
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:57:00 AM

1. village mkt by the pool side organized by steers.

2. rock city- kiambu rd.

bY aNy MeAns NecEsSaRy.....
tusker8
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:01:00 PM

Couple of places i could suggest but it also depends on your budget and pax. here goes
Parklands sports club,
Mayfair hotel,
Ostrich farm,
mamba village
club royale - karen
Rangers restaurant

etc etc

You know you are old when you wake up with a hangover and you didnt touch no drink the previous nite.
Djinn
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:23:00 PM

do Splash like someone suggested - you can take EVERYTHING you want except drinks - and invitees get to pay for themselves the entrance fee. That suggestion abt Oil Libya on Limuru road - can someone recommend a psychiatrist to that person? I know the place but I;d feel very unsafe with kids running around a petrol station....

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
JDS
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:37:00 PM

@Bigstuff,first who was this lucky guy and not me. Then can you try Pumwani my friends wife was there last month and i understand there is no big traffic nowdays. Mr Kisia has made sure the services have so much improved. I understand you can now compare it to The aghakan
jelag
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:43:00 PM

Jolly Rogers is Amazing. Simming pool for Kiddos,water slides for semi-teens,slides,bouncing baloons,karts,sand and swings for toddlers,comfortable ambience seats for adults etc.

Its located in Karen,like 100 m from Mamba Ville. Ask for John.

The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep
this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak
results,just as a small amount of fire makes a small
amount of heat.
Napoleon Hill
Feish
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:44:00 PM

Thanks guys/ladies for the info. Am going to look at all those options. I think splash world and village market looks good options. though i have to look at the costs also anyway....

Wendz
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 4:42:00 AM

@JDS

Looooolest! Did you post at the wrong place or are you suggesting @Feish can also check out pumwani for the birthday too.... I mean,the kid is not being born...... they are holding a PARTY,so what the heck will they be doing in a hospital? Or has pumwani extended their services to 'after-delivery services'... hehehehe.. kinda like 'after-sales' service?

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Kamaa
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 6:03:00 AM

@wendz i also read that with disbelief... ati iko kama agha khan..

When you run so fast to get somewhere,you miss the fun of getting there... Life is not a race,so take it slowly....
When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend
JDS
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 11:00:00 AM

@Wedz and others,sorry i posted at the wrong place,there was i post of the best hospital to give birth. Am sorry for that.
Feish
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 1:06:00 PM

@JDS,wendz,Kamaa

i thought ni kwa parking ya pumwani. Ati since the traffic is low you can have a party there. By the way is it Kisia or Gakuo who transformed Pumwani anyway....i think it was Gakuo