wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Used VW Toureg
Dr. Dre
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:43:19 PM

Thinking of rewarding myself with an SUV soon and a used diesel VW Toureg Altitude 3.0V6 TDI exactly suits my needs. I see lots of them on Autotrader.co.uk, but the problem is, how do I get it home? Do guys like Jk Mwatha still offer their services from the UK?

Budget: Ksh3.5-4m(tax inclusive)
Year of manufacture: Btn 2007-2008
Mileage: 60,000-100,000kms.
Don't Work Harder...Work Smarter!
JkMwatha
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 08, 2014 10:09:34 PM

Dr. Dre wrote:
Thinking of rewarding myself with an SUV soon and a used diesel VW Touareg Altitude 3.0V6 TDI exactly suits my needs. I see lots of them on Autotrader.co.uk, but the problem is, how do I get it home? Do guys like Jk Mwatha still offer their services from the UK?

Yes guys like JkMwatha still offer such services.
Plenty have landed in Ke recently... I have sent 3 or 4 since Jan for buyers based Kenya as well as Kenyans returning from US.

Auto trader is a good place to start as it has the widest variety of cars in UK (as well as Ireland).

www.motobex.co.uk/contact-us

african coloner
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 08, 2014 11:38:35 PM

Dr. Dre wrote:
Thinking of rewarding myself with an SUV soon and a used diesel VW Toureg Altitude 3.0V6 TDI exactly suits my needs. I see lots of them on Autotrader.co.uk, but the problem is, how do I get it home? Do guys like Jk Mwatha still offer their services from the UK?

This guys shipped mine two weeks ago from Southampton in UK, contact them on johnuk2013@yahoo.co.uk
Dr. Dre
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2014 12:56:37 AM

Oh sorry! Just a random Yahoo email? There are so many red flags in that. Post their website...not just a free mail.
gatoho
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2014 2:27:48 AM

Dr. Dre wrote:
Oh sorry! Just a random Yahoo email? There are so many red flags in that. Post their website...not just a free mail.

Autotrader is regular guys selling so yahoo addr should not be a red flag
Foresight..
mkenyan
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2014 11:54:18 AM

gatoho wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:

even with autotrader you would still need a person you trust on the other end. in fact most of the guys on autorader with only a free email address are a no no. agree with dr. dre, a random yahoo email address should be out.
african coloner
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2014 12:26:09 PM

mkenyan wrote:
gatoho wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:

even with autotrader you would still need a person you trust on the other end. in fact most of the guys on autorader with only a free email address are a no no. agree with dr. dre, a random yahoo email address should be out.

This are Kenyans based in UK. you don't just send money. The money is exchanged in Nairobi through a lawyer. You choose the car and guys go and do the checking for you. If the car is ok you deposit the money for purchase and shipping. The rest you do it yourself.
mkenyan
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2014 4:54:20 PM

african coloner wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
gatoho wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:

This are Kenyans based in UK. you don't just send money. The money is exchanged in Nairobi through a lawyer. You choose the car and guys go and do the checking for you. If the car is ok you deposit the money for purchase and shipping. The rest you do it yourself.

seems relatively safe then
Chaka
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2014 5:29:56 PM

african coloner wrote:

This guys shipped mine two weeks ago from Southampton in UK, contact them on johnuk2013@yahoo.co.uk

@african coloner,
What were the specs of the Touareg and what was the total cost?
vky
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2014 7:07:42 PM

mkenyan wrote:
gatoho wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:

dont mind the yahoo e mail address, what matters most is the other guy in the UK transacting on your behalf, i can confidently tell you that most of the guys shipping cars to kenya run one man/woman shows with a registered website and business operating out of their homes.
companies will quote to you a CIF or FOB price to mombasa which is usually inflated by a couple of thousand pound resulting in you spending more money than you would have actually spent but if you were to get someone in the UK whom you trust and he or she has an affiliate in kenya who you can easily reach and will be liable if the deal goes south then you are good to go.
when i have someone interested in importing from UK, i give them my postcode to use on autotrader to search for their preferred cars i insist on trade dealers for easy payments, when they have identified one, we do the car's background check if everything is ok i go to the dealer and begin negotiations, the buyer in kenya is involved in the negotiations through skype, when a price is reached the buyer can pay by himself using his credit card or do a real time international transfer, if the car is in london i drive it to tilbury myself book it for JEVIC inspection and subsequent loading and shipping to kenya, when the bill of lading issues some days later, you pay me my fees i send you the clearing documents and our agreement stands discharged.
this process ensures that your costs are kept at a minimal and within budget
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
african coloner
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:33:06 AM

Chaka wrote:
african coloner wrote:

@african coloner,
What were the specs of the Touareg and what was the total cost?

Mine was Bmw. The cost is very fair to be honest. The guys does proper checking for you as they need you to refer them to your friends
JkMwatha
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:02:41 AM

Dr. Dre wrote:

Inclusive of all taxes you should even get a good one below ksh3.0m

Dr. Dre
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:51:35 AM

JkMwatha wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:

Inclusive of all taxes you should even get a good one below ksh3.0m

Wow! I'll soon get in touch with you.
JkMwatha
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:26:30 PM

If you really, really, really like it, change the title to read... "Used VW Touareg" ... smile
butterflyke
#15 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 11:42:52 AM

JkMwatha wrote:
If you really, really, really like it, change the title to read... "Used VW Touareg" ... smile

smile it's interesting how our minds complete words or the picture...

hadn't noticed

thanks all for sharing the info
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Chaka
#16 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 12:53:35 PM

A number of Touaregs that i've seen seem to have been raised up(springs?)or do they come like that from the manufacturer?
JkMwatha
#17 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 4:13:15 PM

Chaka wrote:
A number of Touaregs that i've seen seem to have been raised up(springs?)or do they come like that from the manufacturer?

I doubt there is a need to raise a Touareg. It is has enough clearance as it is.
Unless its for Rhino Charge

Omena
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:50:38 AM

Dr. Dre wrote:

Good for you. This is also my dream car.

Though I am told some critical parts when messed may need you to call for a mini harambee. I know more than 1person who has had to park for some time as they raised 400k+

Benz Mclass is also an option # just saying.
 It’s what you learn after you think you know it all that counts.
Gordon Gekko
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 10:50:43 AM

What about tiguan?
Chaka
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 10:55:39 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
What about tiguan?

Tiguan is a mini-SUV..good for mpango..