wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<4567>
The women of Awasi...SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dahatre
#101 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 10:21:27 PM

Tycho:
I used the word accountability with regard to digging the well. Sometimes money is raised for projects that never materialise because the money is mis-used by those who raise the money.

I do not have an answer to the problem of rape-wish I did Sad

tycho wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
I support the women of Awasi and those who advocate for them and will contribute to a well if an accountable system to get water to them is set up.

That said, I think Society has given up on figuring out how to stop a few men from raping. Instead we would rather create elaborate systems to support, blame or otherwise put the burden of rape on women…#rapeculture

To be rid of this rape culture, we may need precision in our language.

For example, in this case, what's an accountable system? How does it work? To whom is it accountable? Why?

Otherwise we may speak pleasantly and work ineffectually.

MKWASI
#102 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 8:25:03 AM

This story was revisited yesterday in one of the local news channel. It appears the "leaders" were not moved!!!

I think the problem is with the constitution, we need to change a few clauses to provide water to the women of Awasi.

Impunity
#103 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 8:57:14 AM

MKWASI wrote:
This story was revisited yesterday in one of the local news channel. It appears the "leaders" were not moved!!!

I think the problem is with the constitution, we need to change a few clauses to provide water to the women of Awasi.

@McReggae, when can we do the visit?
we need to sink at least one borehole in that market to save those women.
I know wazuans will support this initiative!

Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

sheri
#104 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 9:01:49 AM

Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

smile smile smile
Impunity
#105 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 9:14:34 AM

sheri wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

smile smile smile

This is not a smiling matter!
Shame on you

maka
#106 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 9:32:41 AM

Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

Applause Applause
possunt quia posse videntur
AlphDoti
#107 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 12:00:19 PM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

Applause Applause

I am in support of this. We need to raise money to sink at least a borehole for these village.

We need to appoint neutral person in Wazua, send money on MPesa or bank transfer. We need someone who will not come here and publish people's names.

I'm in. Let's raise the money... and have a running update until we think the money is enough.
Impunity
#108 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 12:25:58 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

Applause Applause

I am in support of this. We need to raise money to sink at least a borehole for these village.

We need to appoint neutral person in Wazua, send money on MPesa or bank transfer. We need someone who will not come here and publish people's names.

I'm in. Let's raise the money... and have a running update until we think the money is enough.

I suggest @Just Blazin to collect the Awasi Funds.

washiku
#109 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 12:29:59 PM

Impunity wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

Applause Applause

I am in. We need a plan.

1. How much does it cost to dig a borehole

2. How shall we raise the funds?

3. Who shall coordinate?

washiku
#110 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 12:32:23 PM

MKWASI wrote:

And the denial continues. The once celebrated CORD TV is now an enemy. SMH.

https://www.facebook.com/robertalai?fref=nf

Quote:
Robert Alai Onyango
14 hrs ·
After Citizen TV's Sally Mbilu did a shallow piece on Awasi sex pests without any proof of the act, a view of the county and provincial administration or confessions of the victims, now the station is turning the pathetic report tribal.
Julie who always has this ethnic lense while reporting stuff goes "the plight of Luo women is sad as their leaders concentrate on referendum." So each community has own government in Kenya? Who is the president of Kenya? Why is it that the criminal acts of sex predators in Nyanza are not blamed on the police, provincial administration and the president? This sorry ass journalism stinks.
Royal media goes ethnic on even the most obvious reports. What is this station degenerating into? It is really sad.
maka
#111 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 12:45:38 PM

washiku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

Applause Applause

I am in. We need a plan.

3. Who shall coordinate?

Very good initiative
possunt quia posse videntur
Iganamagana
#112 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 12:46:16 PM

washiku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

Applause Applause

I am in. We need a plan.

3. Who shall coordinate?

My pledge of Ksh 10,000/= if the above questions are answered to satisfaction. The cordinator selected can reach me @ Iganamagana(at)gmail.com.
Impunity
#113 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 12:47:10 PM

washiku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

Applause Applause

I am in. We need a plan.

3. Who shall coordinate?

Quiz 1
Drilling an 8th inch diameter borehole, 40 meters deep will set the republic of wazua back by KES. 800,000! (This cost includes the Naikonda pump)

But we need a full hydrology report for Awasi area to get the a more accurate figure...in some regions water can be found at depths os only 15 meters.

Quiz 2
We shall raise the funds through Mpesa and any other suitable electronic means.

Quiz 3
For neutrality, I suggest @McRreggae and @Angelica_ann to coordinate the whole process, while the trusted and tried @JB to collect the fund and deposit them in an Equity account we shall open and operate.

mawinder
#114 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 12:50:59 PM

Impunity wrote:
washiku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

Applause Applause

I am in. We need a plan.

3. Who shall coordinate?

Drilling an 8th inch diameter borehole, 40 meters deep will set the republic of wazua back by KES. 800,000! (This cost includes the Naikonda pump)

But we need a full hydrology report for Awasi area to get the a more accurate figure...in some regions water can be found at depths os only 15 meters.

Why not do a well at around 20k, buy a used jerrycan and rope to pull the water.We need development in Awasi not politics!!!!!!!
Impunity
#115 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 12:59:09 PM

mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
washiku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

Applause Applause

I am in. We need a plan.

3. Who shall coordinate?

Why not do a well at around 20k, buy a used jerrycan and rope to pull the water.We need development in Awasi not politics!!!!!!!

Those outdated open wells are prone to getting filled up with silt/soil plus the process of drawing water from them is too sluggish and and satisfy the water need of the Awasi people.

Plus the last time I checked, digging 12 feet pit latrine in Ukambani cost around 100K, remember the well/kisima will have to be fitted with waterproof calabats (spel)which will still cost an arm....such a borehole will set us back KES. 250,000 on the lower side.

But a wazuan borehole should be an example so we need a drilled borehole with a manual pump, at least.

AlphDoti
#116 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 1:07:10 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
My pledge of Ksh 10,000/= if the above questions are answered to satisfaction. The cordinator selected can reach me @ Iganamagana(at)gmail.com.

My pledge sh5000.
Total pledges so far sh15000.
Jus Blazin
#117 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 1:54:35 PM

Impunity wrote:
washiku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MKWASI wrote:

Sad

Applause Applause

I am in. We need a plan.

3. Who shall coordinate?

Quiz 1

Quiz 2
We shall raise the funds through Mpesa and any other suitable electronic means.

Quiz 3
For neutrality, I suggest @McRreggae and @Angelica_ann to coordinate the whole process, while the trusted and tried @JB to collect the fund and deposit them in an Equity account we shall open and operate.

I am in @Impunity.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
McReggae
#118 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 2:04:27 PM

Will be back after 4:30PM!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
simonkabz
#119 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 2:10:47 PM

McReggae wrote:
Will be back after 4:30PM!!!!

Laughing out loudly 2pm haitakuwacha upumue
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Jus Blazin
#120 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 2:12:25 PM

We can open an Ekwete account for that noble project and give timely reports on the funds.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca