wazua Wed, Apr 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

76 Pages«<6465666768>»
411 on dividend and AGM
Jon Jones
#1301 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2022 8:08:51 PM

Is it possible to have all companies that you own to send you dividends via Mpesa instead of the post office? Today I asked and apparently only safcom pays dividends via Mpesa. I'm asking here because I am doubtful of the response I got from that bank teller.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
MaichBlack
#1302 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2022 11:12:03 PM

Jon Jones wrote:
Is it possible to have all companies that you own to send you dividends via Mpesa instead of the post office? Today I asked and apparently only safcom pays dividends via Mpesa. I'm asking here because I am doubtful of the response I got from that bank teller.

There is a form you fill with your broker on how you want to receive your dividends. I don't know if MPesa is a universal option but you can do through your bank. That is universal.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#1303 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2022 11:15:47 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

A bank teller is the worst person to ask that question. Talk to your broker.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
subaru
#1304 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2022 12:03:42 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

for me i prefer cheques i hadnt registered for safaricom mpesa option but since they have our details mpesa ikaanza kuingia by force
sparkly
#1305 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2022 3:11:02 PM

subaru wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

for me i prefer cheques i hadnt registered for safaricom mpesa option but since they have our details mpesa ikaanza kuingia by force

I prefer my dividends as EFTs but NMG paid me by Mpesa by force for the year 2021
Life is short. Live passionately.
My 2 cents
#1306 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2022 6:14:08 PM

For amounts below certain limits, Safaricom pays by MPESA regardless of what your broker form says.
C&R is also known to call to convince investors to take MPESA option despite what the broker form says.
Once after I received such a call, I redirected them to my broker form yet again, I prefer EFTs.
young
#1307 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2022 11:19:51 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
For amounts below certain limits, Safaricom pays by MPESA regardless of what your broker form says.
C&R is also known to call to convince investors to take MPESA option despite what the broker form says.
Once after I received such a call, I redirected them to my broker form yet again, I prefer EFTs.

@My 2 cents OR anyone

Please what is the limit to transfer Safaricom dividend by EFT ?
Is it 5,000/- or 10,000/- and above or what limit ?

Thanks
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#1308 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2022 11:41:10 AM

young wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

@My 2 cents OR anyone

Thanks

No limit on the floor and roof.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
young
#1309 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2022 1:06:35 PM

Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

@My 2 cents OR anyone

Thanks

Please @Ericsson what I mean is up to what amount does the registrar consider too SMALL to transfer SAFARICOM or other COUNTERS by EFT , but instead rather wants to transfer by MPESA ?

Is it 5,000 bob and below or what is the low limit they opt to send by MPESA instead of registered EFT details ?

Many thanks
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
xtina
#1310 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2022 2:45:09 PM

young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

@My 2 cents OR anyone

Thanks

Please @Ericsson what I mean is up to what amount does the registrar consider too SMALL to transfer SAFARICOM or other COUNTERS by EFT , but instead rather wants to transfer by MPESA ?

Is it 5,000 bob and below or what is the low limit they opt to send by MPESA instead of registered EFT details ?

Many thanks

If I am not wrong, it's 35k. Anything above 35k is EFT, below you can have MPESA or EFT.
xtina
#1311 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2022 2:50:11 PM

sparkly wrote:
subaru wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

I prefer my dividends as EFTs but NMG paid me by Mpesa by force for the year 2021

I am curious as to why you prefer EFT over MPESA. For EFT, Equity charges 120, Coop charges 240. I don't know how much the other banks charge for EFT. WT and EFT charges, however small, make me wince. All dividends I have received by MPESA are only minus the WT. Unless your dividends are the high 5 figures or 6 figures so EFT charges are negligible.
sparkly
#1312 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2022 8:26:37 PM

xtina wrote:
sparkly wrote:
subaru wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

I am curious as to why you prefer EFT over MPESA. For EFT, Equity charges 120, Coop charges 240. I don't know how much the other banks charge for EFT. WT and EFT charges, however small, make me wince. All dividends I have received by MPESA are only minus the WT. Unless your dividends are the high 5 figures or 6 figures so EFT charges are negligible.

I receive dividends in a savings account. By bank doesn't charge transaction fees for the savings account.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#1313 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2022 8:43:19 PM

young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

@My 2 cents OR anyone

Thanks

Many thanks

Mpesa is a choice the shareholder makes.
Limit is ksh.70k or as set by the company paying the dividend
Ericsson
#1314 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2022 8:45:47 PM

xtina wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

@My 2 cents OR anyone

Thanks

Many thanks

If I am not wrong, it's 35k. Anything above 35k is EFT, below you can have MPESA or EFT.

Mpesa limit is ksh.70k or as set by the company paying the dividend.
Some have set at ksh.10k as maximum by mpesa
VituVingiSana
#1315 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2022 1:52:02 AM

xtina wrote:
sparkly wrote:
subaru wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

Change banks. Many do not charge for incoming EFTs
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#1316 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2022 1:53:47 AM

Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

@My 2 cents OR anyone

Thanks

Many thanks

Didn't you say "No limit on the floor and roof."
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#1317 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2022 8:10:54 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

@My 2 cents OR anyone

Thanks

Many thanks

Didn't you say "No limit on the floor and roof."

That is for EFT.
MaichBlack
#1318 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2022 2:59:01 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

MaichBlack
#1319 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2022 6:27:09 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

young
#1320 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2022 9:40:57 PM

Ericsson wrote:
xtina wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

@My 2 cents OR anyone

Thanks

Many thanks

Mpesa limit is ksh.70k or as set by the company paying the dividend.
Some have set at ksh.10k as maximum by mpesa

Thanks @Ericsson.
I think we can safely conclude that for all other counters, EFT as prefeered choice of the investor is always respected. It is ONLY Safaricom that at times force people to remit their dividend by MPESA irrespective of their choice of EFT transfer .
This is important to me because as a foreign non resident investor , I don't have MPESA , the only option is bank transfer by EFT. So MPESA is not an option for me.
I do have Safaricom shares and they have been paying by EFT. But I have reduced my holdings by half due to lack lustre performance of Safaricom as per their HY 2022 results to seek opportunities in other counters like SCBK , NCBA and ABSA with a view to a better dividend income in the short term than Safaricom.