wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

76 Pages«<4546474849>»
411 on dividend and AGM
young
#921 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 12:54:13 AM

mlennyma wrote:
Who got total dividend?

Total Kenya shareholders , please respond ?
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
babashuge
#922 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 7:58:05 AM

young wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Who got total dividend?

Got on 3rd Aug, EFT
mlennyma
#923 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 9:39:57 AM

babashuge wrote:
young wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Who got total dividend?

Got on 3rd Aug, EFT

who are their registrars, I want to follow up mine
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ebenyo
#924 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 10:03:49 AM

mlennyma wrote:
babashuge wrote:
young wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Who got total dividend?

Got on 3rd Aug, EFT

Got mine last month
Towards the goal of financial freedom
young
#925 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:36:54 AM

mlennyma wrote:
babashuge wrote:
young wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Who got total dividend?

Got on 3rd Aug, EFT

Image Registrars

Note:- I don't own TOTAL shares.
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
kmucheke
#926 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 8:16:31 AM

CBK to determine bank dividend payouts in new rules

Quote:
Some of the best capitalised and most consistent payers of dividends including KCB, Standard Chartered Bank Kenya and Absa Bank Kenya, have already skipped interim payouts for the half year ended June as their earnings contracted by double digits. A CEO of one of the lenders told Business Daily that dividend droughts is the new normal, at least in the short-term.
Ericsson
#927 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 8:58:01 AM

kmucheke wrote:

Quote:
Some of the best capitalised and most consistent payers of dividends including KCB, Standard Chartered Bank Kenya and Absa Bank Kenya, have already skipped interim payouts for the half year ended June as their earnings contracted by double digits. A CEO of one of the lenders told Business Daily that dividend droughts is the new normal, at least in the short-term.

I don't believe that story by business daily.
Which bank has CBK bailed out?
Such measures have been put in Europe and America where commercial banks were bailed out by the respective central banks during times of distress.
Argument was after being given cheap money they then go and give it to shareholders which was irresponsible.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#928 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 9:25:33 AM

Ericsson wrote:
kmucheke wrote:

Quote:

Such measures have been put in Europe and America where commercial banks were bailed out by the respective central banks during times of distress.
Argument was after being given cheap money they then go and give it to shareholders which was irresponsible.

https://www.businessdail...5354-mg704kz/index.html “We have received guidance from CBK asking us to revise our ICAAP (Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process) based on the pandemic,” a bank CEO told Business Daily, seeking anonymity for fear of CBK reprisals.
“The regulator now requires that if we are to pay dividends this year, we get approval from CBK on the size of payouts. The boards of banks intending to pay dividends will really have to justify the decision.”
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
kmucheke
#929 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 10:00:48 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kmucheke wrote:

Quote:

https://www.businessdail...5354-mg704kz/index.html “We have received guidance from CBK asking us to revise our ICAAP (Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process) based on the pandemic,” a bank CEO told Business Daily, seeking anonymity for fear of CBK reprisals.
“The regulator now requires that if we are to pay dividends this year, we get approval from CBK on the size of payouts. The boards of banks intending to pay dividends will really have to justify the decision.”

This one I was expecting. Uganda's central bank already issued a dividend and bonus payment freeze.
Bank of Uganda (BoU) suspends dividends, bonus payments
Quote:
The Bank of Uganda on March. 24 this year suspended all financial institutions under its supervision from paying dividends and bonuses to their shareholders as it seeks to reserve enough capital to the economy.

kmucheke
#930 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 10:04:45 AM

Ericsson wrote:
kmucheke wrote:

Quote:

In Uganda's case, the reasoning was that the banks need to preserve capital so as to cushion the economy. All banks were ordered to adhere.
young
#931 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:28:01 AM

Ericsson wrote:
kmucheke wrote:

Quote:

For Kenya this is complex and complicated.
It is peculiar to different countries
What applies to Uganda or SA may not be applicable to East African Financial hub (Kenya).
There are many powerful interests involved beyond CBK .Here is just a few. I believe GOK is in dire need of funds

- Loss of direct income to govt eg KCB
dividend that is huge.
- Indirect income to govt thru KRA taxes
on dividends , this is also huge.

- Loss of income to organized local institutional investors eg 15 million members of coop movements

- Loss of income to institutional majority shareholders as they expect dividend income from subsidiaries in a profitable year eg Stanbic SA, Standard Chartered Bank Uk, Absa SA. This will send a wrong signal to institutional big ticket majority owners of foreign banks .

I believe for Kenya dividends can be reduced as per payout ratio relative to the net earnings but cannot be denied .
For indigenous full blown Kenyan banks with no GOK , institutional or foreign interest then anything can happen. Examples are NCBA, Equity bank etc.
Balaa
#932 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 7:39:11 PM

NSE 2019 final div EFT has checked in today.
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
Ebenyo
#933 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 5:07:15 AM

When is Williamson dividend payment date?
@Ericsson.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Shefad
#934 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 8:16:22 AM

Scangroup Shareholders, did you receive your dividends? I haven't received mine. Anyone with information kindly share.
young
#935 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 1:56:21 PM

Shefad wrote:
Scangroup Shareholders, did you receive your dividends? I haven't received mine. Anyone with information kindly share.

Not yet from my end.
Payment date was 27th Aug, so give some days.
target1360
#936 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 3:17:30 PM

young wrote:
Shefad wrote:

Not yet from my end.

I received and munched this one mid last month
I find satisfaction in owning great business,not trading them
young
#937 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 3:47:45 PM

https://live.mystocks.co.ke/m/calendar=SCAN
Kenyan Oracle
#938 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2020 5:44:45 PM

young wrote:
Shefad wrote:

Not yet from my end.

EFT Received on 18th Aug
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
Ericsson
#939 Posted : Friday, September 04, 2020 9:52:45 AM

Kenya Re dividend payment date 20 November 2020
Kengen dividend payment date 17 December 2020
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
please_call_me
#940 Posted : Friday, September 04, 2020 5:27:38 PM

Did Equity pay their dividends?
You kill bird...bird dead snake come.