wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

76 Pages«<1415161718>»
411 on dividend and AGM
VituVingiSana
#301 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 9:54:49 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
My bank doesn't charge a penny on incoming EFT/RTGS. I am surprised y'all are sticking with such a bank. And some of the charges are very hefty.

who is your banker? the problem i have is that my shares are held by the same bank.so if i were to change bank,i will have to change CDS account too which is a tedious process.

If the shares are held in YOUR name e.g. Hisa Ebenyo then you have a UNIQUE numbers that the CDSC assigned you.

Your dividend can go to ANY bank YOU determine it should go to. There's a CDS 1 form you should fill out and then fill in the bank details. Take the form back to your CDA [your broker] and they should process it. Make sure you keep one copy. Make sure you have a copy that has been stamped by the CDA.

1) If your bank/broker acts funny, make sure you enquire with CDSC about the change-over. You can also write to CDSC about the requested change.

2) If you want to, you can even MOVE your shares to another broker which is NOT affiliated with your bank. I prefer that so if there is any monkey business at/by the bank or broker, my shares or cash are safe.

3) If your bank/broker is who I think it is... I advise you get a new broker - ask Wazuans for advice - who can't access your bank account nor can the bank access your shares!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#302 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 10:11:11 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
My bank doesn't charge a penny on incoming EFT/RTGS. I am surprised y'all are sticking with such a bank. And some of the charges are very hefty.

who is your banker? the problem i have is that my shares are held by the same bank.so if i were to change bank,i will have to change CDS account too which is a tedious process.

If the shares are held in YOUR name e.g. Hisa Ebenyo then you have a UNIQUE numbers that the CDSC assigned you.

Your dividend can go to ANY bank YOU determine it should go to. There's a CDS 1 form you should fill out and then fill in the bank details. Take the form back to your CDA [your broker] and they should process it. Make sure you keep one copy. Make sure you have a copy that has been stamped by the CDA.

1) If your bank/broker acts funny, make sure you enquire with CDSC about the change-over. You can also write to CDSC about the requested change.

2) If you want to, you can even MOVE your shares to another broker which is NOT affiliated with your bank. I prefer that so if there is any monkey business at/by the bank or broker, my shares or cash are safe.

3) If your bank/broker is who I think it is... I advise you get a new broker - ask Wazuans for advice - who can't access your bank account nor can the bank access your shares!

Its true bro,my shares are with Equity bank custodial.My dividends pass in my savings account here too.As im 300km from nairobi,here in kitale i have little options to choose in terms of best custodial bank or broker.Can you suggest any lead pliz?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#303 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 10:38:17 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Its true bro,my shares are with Equity bank custodial.My dividends pass in my savings account here too.As im 300km from nairobi,here in kitale i have little options to choose in terms of best custodial bank or broker.Can you suggest any lead pliz?

Why are you using "Equity Custodial Services" vs dealing directly with Equity Stockbrokers?

Also check with ABC Bank & NIC Bank which have brokerage arms. If they are in Kitale.

Please note if the shares are in YOUR name vs a 'nominee account' then you can designate the dividend goes to any bank you choose.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
enyands
#304 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 10:55:05 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Ebenyo inbox me your barua pepe to limberlyk at gmail dot com
BGL
#305 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:02:45 PM

I pay 220bob for all incoming EFTs which includes dividends.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
obiero
#306 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:09:23 PM

The best bet is to have significant shares ndio tusije hapa kulaminika kuhusu 220bob bank charge

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
enyands
#307 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:33:17 PM

obiero wrote:
The best bet is to have significant shares ndio tusije hapa kulaminika kuhusu 220bob bank charge

Ndugu not everyone can afford the much shares you do have .I guess if you know you don't have alot of shares it's better you get a snail mail.but if you know you have hundreds of thousands of shares as obiero had earlier then eft is more convinient
Ebenyo
#308 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 6:08:13 AM

enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:

Ndugu not everyone can afford the much shares you do have .I guess if you know you don't have alot of shares it's better you get a snail mail.but if you know you have hundreds of thousands of shares as obiero had earlier then eft is more convinient

wachana na huyo.He has lost his respect and moral authority of wazua elder.Let him work hard to redeem his tarnished image first before he speaks on anything.
This thread sio ya speculators.This is for serious people who want to create wealth.Watu ya kutafuta pesa mingi ya kumaliza kwa siku moja wakwende huko mbali.
Ebenyo
#309 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 6:10:15 AM

enyands wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Ebenyo inbox me your barua pepe to limberlyk at gmail dot com

i have already contacted you.Get back to me.
gatoho
#310 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 8:20:00 AM

BGL wrote:

Pains me as I have lots of odd lots that remains after exits, and some even pay interim dividend
Foresight..
Ebenyo
#311 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 10:26:34 AM

gatoho wrote:
BGL wrote:

Pains me as I have lots of odd lots that remains after exits, and some even pay interim dividend

which bank is this that charge 220 bob? thats expensive.
mkate_nusu
#312 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 12:21:41 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
gatoho wrote:
BGL wrote:

@Ebenyo I think it's common across the board.

commission 200 bob
excise duty 20 bob
withholding tax 95 cents
TOTAL value 220.95 bob
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Ericsson
#313 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 3:59:30 PM

Snail mail is better than EFT.
If the company issuing the dividend won't cater for EFT costs afadhali ubaki snail mail
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Impunity
#314 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 4:44:58 PM

Ericsson wrote:
If the company issuing the dividend won't cater for EFT costs afadhali ubaki snail mail

EFT inanikula Kes. 550 from my meager 4K dividend!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Impunity
#315 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 4:46:38 PM

mkate_nusu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
gatoho wrote:
BGL wrote:

@Ebenyo I think it's common across the board.

commission 200 bob
excise duty 20 bob
withholding tax 95 cents
TOTAL value 220.95 bob

If the WT = 95 cents so how much is the investment worth?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Ebenyo
#316 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 4:46:42 PM

Ericsson wrote:

@Ericson,you are right.Mi nilijaza option ya kureceive dividends via snail mail.But out of five dividends nimepata so far,four are through EFT.So i wonder why i should continue paying post office kshs 2500 for my box number.
Ericsson
#317 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 5:15:42 PM

Share out the post office with someone else like a friend or family relative then you share the costs.
Kwani the only mail you receive in your post office box ni dividend cheques
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Gatheuzi
#318 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 8:12:28 AM

sparkly wrote:
Othelo wrote:
jawgey wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
streetwise wrote:
Charged 19% and bank manager explains WHAT (?)

The bank manager said,that they charge a one off fee for every dividend by eft.

That should be sh. 110 just like they do when they process salary

Suffering the same fate with CIC dividends Sad

Have your dividends credited into a savings account. Its illegal to charge fees on a savings account so your dividend will be free from those EFT charges.

This is precisely what I did. All dividends pass through savings account at no charge. It is also beneficial because I end up re-investing it as oppossed to mixing it with operating funds.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
mthaka
#319 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2016 9:42:39 AM

Annual General Meeting of Olympia Capital Holdings Limited will be held at the Six Eighty, Nairobi, on Monday,29th August 2016, at 10.30 AM
VituVingiSana
#320 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2016 11:18:25 AM

mthaka wrote:
Annual General Meeting of Olympia Capital Holdings Limited will be held at the Six Eighty, Nairobi, on Monday,29th August 2016, at 10.30 AM

A waste of time. The crooks run this show. The minority shareholders get the shaft. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!