wazua Tue, May 14, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages<1234>»
Centum 2014 business card
Ericsson
#21 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 9:03:29 AM

The amount of debt this company is taking is getting toxic and it may go burst when the investments refuse to generate the expected returns.
In the annual report one of the key shareholder UAP is reducing stake in the company slowly.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
tom_boy
#22 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 2:35:57 PM

According to business daily, Centum execs earn about 1 million Ksh a month. That is ok with me. They then earn about 14m each in bonus last year. This is also okay. What is ridiculous is the method of calculating the bonus. It is based on appreciation in asset value which can easily be manipulated. In addition, why pay fat cash bonuses based on a non cash increase in value and yet claim you cant pay dividends..... Ukora kabisa.... And I thought wakora were only in parliament.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Realtreaty
#23 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 4:02:58 PM

There we go again, Big muscles.smile smile Applause
Centumbids for majority stake in K-Rep bank
Aguytrying
#24 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 8:58:32 AM

tom_boy wrote:
According to business daily, Centum execs earn about 1 million Ksh a month. That is ok with me. They then earn about 14m each in bonus last year. This is also okay. What is ridiculous is the method of calculating the bonus. It is based on appreciation in asset value which can easily be manipulated. In addition, why pay fat cash bonuses based on a non cash increase in value and yet claim you cant pay dividends..... Ukora kabisa.... And I thought wakora were only in parliament.

companies that do not pay dividends are dishonest, and here is the proof
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
icecube
#25 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 12:45:11 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

They earn millions in salaries and bonuses which are dubiously calculated? If you own shares in this company, did you factor in these issues in your research? or which fundamentals?.. asking for a friend..
mv_ufanisi
#26 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 2:00:56 PM

You have to be willing to pay for quality. Simple as that. At least with Centum you know your money is not getting siphoned away a la MSC. Based on the performance they are definitely worth the money - they are definitely hustling to get this company going. Compare them with Transcentury for example, top salaries but poor execution. Ofcourse there has to be a cap on employee compensation and it makes more sense to pay the bonus in company shares than cash. It would be interesting to compare Centum compensation with other companies as well to get a feel. These guys are making 300,000 USD a year, they're definitely lucky.
icecube
#27 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 2:44:17 PM

Instead of paying themselves millions in bonuses, why don't they reward loyal shareholders with even bonus shares then?
tom_boy
#28 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 3:22:40 PM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
You have to be willing to pay for quality. Simple as that. At least with Centum you know your money is not getting siphoned away a la MSC. Based on the performance they are definitely worth the money - they are definitely hustling to get this company going. Compare them with Transcentury for example, top salaries but poor execution. Ofcourse there has to be a cap on employee compensation and it makes more sense to pay the bonus in company shares than cash. It would be interesting to compare Centum compensation with other companies as well to get a feel. These guys are making 300,000 USD a year, they're definitely lucky.

The issue for me is not the amount paid out. It is the way the bonus is calculated. Why cant the bonus be based on increase in cash profits to the company. The idea of all these investments is to make a cash return. Therefore, bonus should be based on how well the execs convert the assets into cash earnings. This is a more objective way of doing things. Basing bonus on growth in asset value is deceptive, open to manipulation and gives no incentive to invest in highest cash returning assets available. Asset value means nothing. Its what the asset puts into your pocket that matters.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
target1360
#29 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 8:34:21 PM

tom_boy wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:

The issue for me is not the amount paid out. It is the way the bonus is calculated. Why cant the bonus be based on increase in cash profits to the company. The idea of all these investments is to make a cash return. Therefore, bonus should be based on how well the execs convert the assets into cash earnings. This is a more objective way of doing things. Basing bonus on growth in asset value is deceptive, open to manipulation and gives no incentive to invest in highest cash returning assets available. Asset value means nothing. Its what the asset puts into your pocket that matters.

reminds me of the wolf of w*llstreet where investors are sold illussion after illussion while the brokers read mgt take home the real hard cash in form of commissions and bonuses
Am in this stock but am not increasing my petty holdings anymore
I find satisfaction in owning great business,not trading them
VituVingiSana
#30 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 10:09:14 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Good point/s by @tom_boy but @Aguy did you know Berkshire Hathaway doesn't pay dividends either while Olympia Capital does?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
whiteowl
#31 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 12:55:09 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Good point/s by @tom_boy but @Aguy did you know Berkshire Hathaway doesn't pay dividends either while Olympia Capital does?

that's a factual epic comparison Laughing out loudly
Realtreaty
#32 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:00:09 AM

Micro-lender K-Rep Bank records 99pc profit rise to Sh120m
could centum share rise to beyond 80 in the short term. What will the Centum-Rea result in?
mv_ufanisi
#33 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:20:56 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
could centum share rise to beyond 80 in the short term. What will the Centum-Rea result in?

Centum is a long term play. It's unrealistic for you to expect share price at 80 in such a short period. I prefer slow and steady rise in the share price otherwise some people will get over excited. I hope it can get to 80 by end of 2015.
2015 should be a great year for Centum I believe. Two Rivers should be almost done and UAP will list on the NSE. Hopefully James and his team can also find some sweet deals for us in the meantime.
jawgey
#34 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:54:02 PM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Centum is a long term play. It's unrealistic for you to expect share price at 80 in such a short period. I prefer slow and steady rise in the share price otherwise some people will get over excited. I hope it can get to 80 by end of 2015.

I retaliate, if the REA case goes their way, then even 100 is possible in the near future. Otherwise it will experience stagnation and continued booking of paper gains.
Seeing is believing
mv_ufanisi
#35 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:27:22 PM

jawgey wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

I retaliate, if the REA case goes their way, then even 100 is possible in the near future. Otherwise it will experience stagnation and continued booking of paper gains.

I remember a quote from a high school literature book;

Great expectations make frustrated men
by Hama Tuma.
Wondergirl
#36 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:48:20 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Hey Good people,
Did you see DJ CK jana on TV...? I think This guy knows his stuff....
jawgey
#37 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:26:41 AM

Dj. CK's interview definitely had a ripple effect on investors. Look at the price now..
Seeing is believing
cnn
#38 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:34:58 AM

jawgey wrote:
Dj. CK's interview definitely had a ripple effect on investors. Look at the price now..

@52,that gives me a 65% paper return.
mv_ufanisi
#39 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:10:45 AM

cnn wrote:
jawgey wrote:

@52,that gives me a 65% paper return.

This stock is likely to become a ten-bagger over the next 5 years or so. It's got huge potential and the team is on point. Been my favorite stock at the NSE for a while now. Pluses;
- very well diversified (across industries and countries)
- great team (James Mworia and team - young but humble guys with focused ambition)
- DJ CK wants to make a name for himself through this company
- excellent execution (Two Rivers is going to be the most amazing development in Nairobi when complete)
- there's massive opportunities in Africa and these guys have what it takes to take advantage of most of them so outlook going forward is quite high.

mibbz
#40 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:37:46 AM

Indeed there are many guys waiting to be influenced to make a decision. DJ CKs interview resulted in this.

@SMutangaIII its obvious,no fundamentals changed overnight to result in 8.3% change overnight other than sentiment as expressed by DJ CK and received by investors.This is what makes the NSE an exciting money making venture.