16 Pages«<1112131415>»
Centum 2014 business card
Realtreaty
#241 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:43:08 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
I still remember when in sep 2013 I decided to go all in on this stock. If you have little capital whats the point of diversification? You have to play like a poker player. Max the gains by asset concentration not diversification.

@mv - You are going to become a Warren Buffett!

smile smile
Kirubi said he want to be a dollar billionaire, how near to that?
Will he suggest to increase Centum shares by giving a bonus 1 for every 5.
This year he should be generous...we have really prayed he become one of the Dollar Billionares.Pray Pray Pray Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I'm sure in your dreams, all the stocks you hold issue bonuses smile

Laughing out loudly
@Aguytrying.....reason everyone is asked for a business proposal even when you have no coin. For those with money the proposal is money in itself. NyarMama said our Dreams are valid even when under a truck with greasy overall.
Realtreaty
#242 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2015 11:00:56 PM

Ericsson
#243 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2015 11:33:56 PM

Chinese company AVIC will acquire a 38.9% stake while ICDC will get 3.1% stake.
Centum is now left with a 58% stake in the venture.
Contractor buying a stake in a project he has been contracted to undertake;that's a new one.
I wonder whether there will pump any money or they will bill the works done so far and then convert that to equity instead of Centum paying the money.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#244 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2015 12:08:59 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Contractor buying a stake in a project he has been contracted to undertake;that's a new one.
I wonder whether there will pump any money or they will bill the works done so far and then convert that to equity instead of Centum paying the money.

What would make sense for AVIC is to ask Centum to pay its 'costs' while the 'profits' are converted into Equity. Smart move by Equity when once considers now AVIC has skin in the game!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Angelica _ann
#245 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2015 5:38:09 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

What would make sense for AVIC is to ask Centum to pay its 'costs' while the 'profits' are converted into Equity. Smart move by Equity when once considers now AVIC has skin in the game!

Smart move by Equity...... Please expound???
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#246 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2015 6:09:39 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Oops. Smart move by Centum. Equity was probably on my mind when I typed that out!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Realtreaty
#247 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2015 7:51:40 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Oops. Smart move by Centum. Equity was probably on my mind when I typed that out!

smile smile
To the investor what does this partnering mean?
Is China angling to take a good chunk in Kenya investments? Now Kirubi is working with them. They may even come in a propose to building the tallest tower in Africa here in Nairobi soon.
iris
#248 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:28:54 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

smile smile
Is China angling to take a good chunk in Kenya investments? Now Kirubi is working with them. They may even come in a propose to building the tallest tower in Africa here in Nairobi soon.

@Realtreaty, is there something magical about tall towers or just your fetish? smile
VituVingiSana
#249 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 1:43:20 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

smile smile

If the contractor has skin in the game, then it has incentives to perform better. What's more, Centum has multiple projects e.g. Coal Plant, Pearl Marina, etc on the table and AVIC could be awarded these projects as well.
sparkly
#250 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 6:27:15 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

smile smile

If the contractor has skin in the game, then it has incentives to perform better. What's more, Centum has multiple projects e.g. Coal Plant, Pearl Marina, etc on the table and AVIC could be awarded these projects as well.

Smart move indeed. Conserves much needed cashflows.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#251 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 7:01:53 PM

At least it helps others get to know how to be $ billionaire.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Realtreaty
#252 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:01:39 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly -Centum also sending their Form.
Hope they will be rich after May 17 and invest wiselysmile smile
CBA to take Rea Vipingo share forms
doubletap
#253 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 7:09:47 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly -Centum also sending their Form.
Hope they will be rich after May 17 and invest wiselysmile smile
CBA to take Rea Vipingo share forms

Would be of interest to know how much they will get in this deal after spending more than 1.74b for the land (10,546 acres) and also getting a company Vipingo Estate Limited(VEL). How many shares does Centum hold of rea?
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
Realtreaty
#254 Posted : Friday, May 08, 2015 2:18:00 AM

A Foward match and the pendulum is in motion again moving to the crest. Expectations for FY2014 is too high. We know no Dividends but we as well know there could be a bonus and a capital gain after Rea Vipingo gme, Coal energy case and Real estate performance. Now everything is Mathematics and their applications in accounting, economics and Finance.Time to see it past 100.
The optimist
#255 Posted : Friday, May 08, 2015 7:16:20 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
A Foward match and the pendulum is in motion again moving to the crest. Expectations for FY2014 is too high. We know no Dividends but we as well know there could be a bonus and a capital gain after Rea Vipingo gme, Coal energy case and Real estate performance. Now everything is Mathematics and their applications in accounting, economics and Finance.Time to see it past 100.

Lets see how the FY numbers fair.
Recall H1 PAT grew by 38%.
Results should be out in June if history is anything to go by.
Realtreaty
#256 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 1:32:13 PM

Ericsson
#257 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 7:27:16 AM

In the lamu coal power project it's coming out that centum was a middle man company in the project.It's now coming out that they didn't have the necessary financial muscle like Ahmednassir mentioned'
"Centum seeks pension funds to finance Lamu coal project"
The pension funds are to contribute 75% of the envisaged equity capital with centum contributing the remaining.The maths is as below;
The cost of the project has been estimated at $2bn or ksh.190mn
A loan of $1.5bn or ksh.142.5bn has been sought from ICBC through connection with the chinese partner in the consortium.
The remaining $500mn or ksh.47.5bn has been split as follows;
Local pension funds to contribute 75% or $375mn or ksh.35.625bn
Centum to contribute 25% or $125mn or ksh.11.875mn
So if you look at the percentage of centum contribution to the total cost of the project it comes to 6.25%
If local pension funds decline to fund the venture;project is in limbo
And to the shareholders of centum how do they stand to benefit?
The stake is insignificant to make an impact.
iMANI
#258 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 8:44:15 AM

Ericsson wrote:
In the lamu coal power project it's coming out that centum was a middle man company in the project.It's now coming out that they didn't have the necessary financial muscle like Ahmednassir mentioned'
The pension funds are to contribute 75% of the envisaged equity capital with centum contributing the remaining.The maths is as below;
The cost of the project has been estimated at $2bn or ksh.190mn
A loan of $1.5bn or ksh.142.5bn has been sought from ICBC through connection with the chinese partner in the consortium.
Centum to contribute 25% or $125mn or ksh.11.875mn
So if you look at the percentage of centum contribution to the total cost of the project it comes to 6.25%

Boss..you're mixing millions with billions...but i get the gist..smile

Life and beer are very similar........chill for best results.

Ericsson
#259 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 9:29:28 AM

@iMANI
Thanks for the correction.
Ericsson
#260 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 9:31:09 AM

The cost of the project has been estimated at $2bn or ksh.190bn
Centum to contribute 25% or $125mn or ksh.11.875bn

Correction done