wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages«<89101112>»
Centum 2014 business card
mwalabenn
#181 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 9:58:35 PM

The optimist wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
Centum winning by both wickets and runs!!!!!!
Now it should be treading back at its highs of 85 Kes.
How about REA case?

Saw on papers that the case was to be mentioned on Tuesday 27th Jan.Any updates?

Following...
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that it can not be used in a fruit salad.
Realtreaty
#182 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 8:37:50 AM

If Centum win the case on REA , will it merge the REA business into Centum or will REA remain a different entity as a Diversification by Centum?
Realtreaty
#183 Posted : Thursday, February 05, 2015 1:08:09 AM

The consortium of investors awarded the tender to construct a Sh174 billion coal-fired power plant in Lamu has promised to create at least 1,000 jobs in a charm offensive aimed at winning over the restive community.
Amu Power Company, a consortium that brings together Gulf Energy and Centum Investment among others, said locals would be given priority, even though the jobs will be filled on merit.
smile smile smile smile Applause Applause Applause Applause
Kirubi did not bring Chinese workers to eat our Bread!!!!
VituVingiSana
#184 Posted : Thursday, February 05, 2015 1:27:48 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
The consortium of investors awarded the tender to construct a Sh174 billion coal-fired power plant in Lamu has promised to create at least 1,000 jobs in a charm offensive aimed at winning over the restive community.
Amu Power Company, a consortium that brings together Gulf Energy and Centum Investment among others, said locals would be given priority, even though the jobs will be filled on merit.
smile smile smile smile Applause Applause Applause Applause
Kirubi did not bring Chinese workers to eat our Bread!!!!

The technical jobs that require 'skills' will be given to foreigners. Cutting grass and making tea doesn't require specialized skills.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
streetwise
#185 Posted : Thursday, February 05, 2015 9:14:03 AM

I remember is SA they guys wanted the top paying jobs yet they did not have any sensible education or experience.

There are times you need expatriates to transfer knowledge and other to fill those gaps that can’t be filled since they guys in the country do not have the skills read knowledge.

So step number (1) waende shule , next (2) experience then (3) Cry for the JOB

Realtreaty
#186 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 12:26:30 AM

The next Centum price flood is most likely to hit 90 very soon. It may now be holding at the current price on a technicality waiting to jump in price to 90 and above anytime.
ike
#187 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 12:38:26 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
The next Centum price flood is most likely to hit 90 very soon. It may now be holding at the current price on a technicality waiting to jump in price to 90 and above anytime.

what will be the motivation? because its share price has been lazy in recent times
Jodaco
#188 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 8:31:39 AM

streetwise wrote:
I remember is SA they guys wanted the top paying jobs yet they did not have any sensible education or experience.

There are times you need expatriates to transfer knowledge and other to fill those gaps that can’t be filled since they guys in the country do not have the skills read knowledge.

So step number (1) waende shule , next (2) experience then (3) Cry for the JOB

They could come up with a strategy and road map to transfer skills. They can easily define the competencies required for those high level positions, then the proficiency levels and timelines to get there.

Fresh graduates will probably have basic to intermediate skills and then with training and coaching advance till they become experts. Then the skills transfer will be complete and they can take over those jobs.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#189 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 2:32:06 PM

This one needs a bear to chop it to size(For smart money to get in). SMA(20) is at 44. Overbought and badly in need of a correction, for the next safari to 72.7 and beyond.

@SufficientlyP
mwalabenn
#190 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 3:25:09 PM

Happy Valentines Weekend Everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Lf0MFfFg0#t=115
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that it can not be used in a fruit salad.
ike
#191 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 4:03:02 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
This one needs a bear to chop it to size(For smart money to get in). SMA(20) is at 44. Oversold and badly in need of a correction, for the next safari to 72.7 and beyond.

but your chart, could you please constrict it a little so one sees the short-term movements, like monthly or weekly rather than annual?
#192 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 5:03:11 PM

ike wrote:
This one needs a bear to chop it to size(For smart money to get in). SMA(20) is at 44. Overbought and badly in need of a correction, for the next safari to 72.7 and beyond.

but your chart, could you please constrict it a little so one sees the short-term movements, like monthly or weekly rather than annual?

It's a monthly chart sir. My next one should be weekly.
@SufficientlyP
littledove
#193 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 6:55:03 PM

Chris Kirubi @CKirubi 45m
Don't spend all your money on a
bedroom on Valentines day, buy
Centum shares instead
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
lochaz-index
#194 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 7:52:14 PM

I have been monitoring this stock to get back in having totally cashed out during its mad rally last year but so far it has resisted any sizeable shave. Its NAV is @35 vs a price of 63 which is a bit pricey. @spt by your reckoning what do you suppose is a good entry price?
PS: am not a technical analyst hence cant read the chart posted.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
#195 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 12:04:08 PM

lochaz-index wrote:

I have been monitoring this stock to get back in having totally cashed out during its mad rally last year but so far it has resisted any sizeable shave. Its NAV is @35 vs a price of 63 which is a bit pricey. @spt by your reckoning what do you suppose is a good entry price?

Well a Good entry price should be at 35 and below(where the NAV is)but that might have to wait for some serious big bear to check into town. By the way, between March 2011 to mid 2013, the price trailed the NAV. In the short run, you cold wait for pull backs(like the one we have currently)for entry points. the last pull back settled at 59-60 levels in November last year. Those who got in comfortably sold at 69-72 levels only last month. Watch out for volume levels to determine entry level. 61.05 looks like the current support, a slide below this should target 55.62.
Source(Weekly Time Frame chart - Bollinger bands)
@SufficientlyP
lochaz-index
#196 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 4:39:53 PM

lochaz-index wrote:

Well a Good entry price should be at 35 and below(where the NAV is)but that might have to wait for some serious big bear to check into town. By the way, between March 2011 to mid 2013, the price trailed the NAV. In the short run, you cold wait for pull backs(like the one we have currently)for entry points. the last pull back settled at 59-60 levels in November last year. Those who got in comfortably sold at 69-72 levels only last month. Watch out for volume levels to determine entry level. 61.05 looks like the current support, a slide below this should target 55.62.
Source(Weekly Time Frame chart - Bollinger bands)

Thanks @spt. guess I was too greedy waiting for a sub 50. I will let this one fly unless the bear pays a visit.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mv_ufanisi
#197 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 8:59:37 PM

NAV should now have been affected by the new Lamu Coal Plant and the sale of UAP at 4billion. There's also been a lot of new value created at KWAL, Two Rivers and soon to start Pearl Marina. Things have not been stationary!
uchumi
#198 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 9:07:19 PM

purchase of 66% of k-rep and asset appreciation of the two flagship project i.e two rivers and entebbe in kampala,.By the time they were releasing the half year the asset value was 41.00
“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.”
lochaz-index
#199 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:26:27 AM

True the NAV is not a constant but even you were to account for all those changes and do a projected fy2014 NAV it would still be a stretch for it to clock 50 hence informing my sub 50 target.
Realtreaty
#200 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 10:28:52 PM