wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Safaricom give Subcribers Info to 3rd party
danielfiveone
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 8:59:58 AM

SAFARICOM GIVING SUBRIBERS INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTY

Whenever i load credit,MANY sms COME from 20026,each sms taking off ksh 10 of my credit.I HAVE NOT subscribed to this number.even when i send STOP TO 20026,safaricom responds with a text,THAT I am not SUBSCRIBED TO PENZI 20026.

how does that penzi 20026 know that i have loaded credit on my phone,unless safaricom,is passing this information.
I HAVE complained to COFEK,CCK,and i will continue,making SO MUCH NOISE,till they STOP.

safaricom,customer,service,keeps me waiting for more than ten minutes,then disconnects,the call.

PLEASE WAZUANS,HELP ME,MAKE THE MOST NOISE POSSIBLE,TO STOP,THIS sAFARICOM THEFT.

Stract_Consulting
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 9:44:03 AM

First of all, you are displaying your number here which is not advisable at all. Secondly, my theory having worked in a telcom company is that the Penzi 20026 tries to send you messages every time (or pre-defined sequence) but since you do not have airtime, the messages are not delivered. The messages are left pending until, when you load the airtime after which they will be delivered. The recourse for you is to contact Safaricom customer care, or these days they have USSD options for deactivating Premium Service Providers (PRSP) through dialing *100# for prepaid and *200# for Postpaid. If they don't act, then you can channel it up with the regulator
Be ignorant and ask a few questions - Peter Drucker
Muheani
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:19:20 AM

danielfiveone wrote:

Whenever i load credit,MANY sms COME from 20026,each sms taking off ksh 10 of my credit.I HAVE NOT subscribed to this number.even when i send STOP TO 20026,safaricom responds with a text,THAT I am not SUBSCRIBED TO PENZI 20026.

how does that penzi 20026 know that i have loaded credit on my phone,unless safaricom,is passing this information.
I HAVE complained to COFEK,CCK,and i will continue,making SO MUCH NOISE,till they STOP.

safaricom,customer,service,keeps me waiting for more than ten minutes,then disconnects,the call.

PLEASE WAZUANS,HELP ME,MAKE THE MOST NOISE POSSIBLE,TO STOP,THIS sAFARICOM THEFT.

my number is [...]

Its not Safcom that has told me your name is DANIEL N.

however, tweet them @Safaricom_care and you will be sorted pap.
dunkang
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:35:01 AM

@Daniel51, the ussd code works wonders. Its all that matters.

I also used to have a similar problem with this premium services and was easily solved by that USSD code.

1. Dial *100#

2. Select Premium Rate Services by replying
with 7

3. On Welcome to Premium Services page,
reply with 1 to get your subscriptions

4. From the list, reply with appropriate digit to
either unsubscribe from a particular
premium service or reply with the digit for
unsubscribing from all services.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

shalishali
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:43:12 AM

danielfiveone wrote:

my number is [...]
Go to *100#Press OK or Call-go to Option6(premium rates-go to option1(my subscriptions)-go to Unsuscribe to all and you are done bro.

UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!
danielfiveone
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:44:41 AM

thanks wazuans for the help.
i have used the ussd.
BUT HOW CAN SHAMELESS ,SAFARICOM,subscribe me,without my consent.
THEY SURELY could have known that I have a BIG MOUTH
Muheani
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 3:39:00 PM

danielfiveone wrote:
i have used the ussd.

Again, you are wrong sir . Premium rate service providers eg cellulant etc are third party to telecom operators.

By regulation, they should not subscribe you. However, in the spirit of making money from uninformed subscribers, they by bulk subscribe customers. By the time you complain, a good amount of your money is gone.

i think safaricom only owns 411, 8620 and a number of gameloft codes

followup your complaint with CCK or even Safcom. The investigation done will show if you initiated the conversation with the PRS shortcode or not before refunds
Othelo
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 3:44:32 PM

Muheani wrote:
danielfiveone wrote:
i have used the ussd.

Again, you are wrong sir . Premium rate service providers eg cellulant etc are third party to telecom operators.

By regulation, they should not subscribe you. However, in the spirit of making money from uninformed subscribers, they by bulk subscribe customers. By the time you complain, a good amount of your money is gone.

followup your complaint with CCK or even Safcom. The investigation done will show if you initiated the conversation with the PRS shortcode or not before refunds

Thanks for the info, very useful!
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Mkenia
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 3:56:07 PM

@danielfiveone:
I don’t know where telcos falls but for a number of organization/professions (especially financial institution, medical & legal fraternity) are morally obligated by their professional ‘code-of-conduct’ to keep their client info' confidential;
I don’t know what went of ‘DATA PROTECTION BILL 2003’? Would someone tell us if eventually this was enacted to law.

Until this is done … we kinda have no well-defined legal recourse.
Habari ndio hiyo!!!
Stract_Consulting
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 10:10:27 AM

Mkenia wrote:
@danielfiveone:
I don’t know where telcos falls but for a number of organization/professions (especially financial institution, medical & legal fraternity) are morally obligated by their professional ‘code-of-conduct’ to keep their client info' confidential;
I don’t know what went of ‘DATA PROTECTION BILL 2003’? Would someone tell us if eventually this was enacted to law.

Until this is done … we kinda have no well-defined legal recourse.
Habari ndio hiyo!!!

The Data protection Bill is still a bill and yet to be enacted. There is this Star story http://www.the-star.co.k...tsourcing-job-contracts that talks about why this Bill is overdue. I think this bill will be enacted this year.
Be ignorant and ask a few questions - Peter Drucker
Swenani
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 10:51:16 AM

Muheani wrote:
danielfiveone wrote:

my number is XXXXXXXXXX

Muheani, Be kind enough and edit your post to delete Daniel Supply contract's number
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Swenani
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 10:53:24 AM

shalishali wrote:
danielfiveone wrote:

my number is XXXXXXX
Go to *100#Press OK or Call-go to Option6(premium rates-go to option1(my subscriptions)-go to Unsuscribe to all and you are done bro.

Shalishali edit your post and delete Dan's number
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Muheani
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 3:36:53 PM

Swenani wrote:
Muheani wrote:
danielfiveone wrote:

my number is XXXXXXXXXX

Muheani, Be kind enough and edit your post to delete Daniel Supply contract's number

Admin
Pls help editpost#3 and remove daniel's number. I dont have edit on that post
mkenyan
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 4:32:24 PM

Muheani wrote:
danielfiveone wrote:

my number is deleted

Its not Safcom that has told me your name is deleted

truecaller gives your name as (deleted) supply contract.... whom did you supply with contract to save your number thus?
shalishali
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 4:50:02 PM

shalishali wrote:
danielfiveone wrote:

my number is

UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!
mpobiz
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 4:59:09 PM

shalishali wrote:
danielfiveone wrote:

my number is [...]

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly the number is still here.. Hoping wazuans in kamiti or kodiaga have not seen it.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...