39 Pages«<3536373839>
Other religious discourse
AlphDoti
#721 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 1:30:21 PM

tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Therefore, Muslims are just ordinary people like Christians, Buddhists and atheists.

By name only. Being an atheist by name only does not make you an atheist, you have to live by their believes. Similarly, calling yourself a Christian but not following Christian doctrines does not make you one. Similarly, calling yourself a Muslim or dressing like one but not following fundamentals of Islam, does not make you one. So brothers do not confuse. This is no brainer.

A name is often enough. 'Muslim' doesn't have a single meaning. For example, your friends were insisting on Halal food because they are .......

Will you fill the dash with; 'Muslim by name', and insist they aren't Muslims in fact?

Do you believe non of the participants observe the five pillars or non has ever proclaimed the supremacy of Allah and his prophet?

Islam is actions not name, do not confuse that brother.

Ok, let me say they are not true Muslims. If you call yourself Muslim but you are not following teachings of Islam, then it means you are sinning. Islam is against fornication. Islam is against smoking. Islam is against drinking and hiring prostitutes. The same way we cannot say somebody calling himself John or Mathew does evil thing, we cannot say he is a true Christian. Because there is nothing in the teachings of Jesus that says do evil! A true Muslim understands this and avoids going against Islam teaching. A true Christian understands this and avoids going against Christian teachings.

I hope that is better?
AlphDoti
#722 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 1:36:24 PM

Fake is fake. Genuine is genuine. I hope you know the difference.
tycho wrote:

tycho wrote:
Do they have the envelope that had the straight but fake money?
tycho
#723 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 1:57:31 PM

Are there Muslim countries?

How about Muslim culture?
AlphDoti
#724 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:08:10 PM

tycho wrote:

I think I can give one example, Brunei.

As for Muslim culture, it is the Muslim lifestyle, which means following an institution located in the Quran and in the Sunnah of the prophet Muhammad s.a.w. Anything outside this is your own culture. Many people confuse local people culture for Islam.
tycho
#725 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:34:52 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:

As for Muslim culture, it is the Muslim lifestyle, which means following an institution located in the Quran and in the Sunnah of the prophet Muhammad s.a.w. Anything outside this is your own culture. Many people confuse local people culture for Islam.

So, let's say Brunei is a Muslim state, can we know directly by virtue of citizenship, how many Muslims there are?

Considering that there's a Muslim culture, does one who depends on the institutions you've mentioned become a Muslim?
tycho
#726 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:36:29 PM

tycho wrote:
Why is it so difficult for people of diverse world views to discuss about God? Could it be that the topic requires an exclusive set of qualifications that few of us have?

If yes, what qualifies a person to speak about God?

What qualifies you @Alph, to speak about God?
AlphDoti
#727 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:09:25 PM

tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:

So, let's say Brunei is a Muslim state, can we know directly by virtue of citizenship, how many Muslims there are?

Considering that there's a Muslim culture, does one who depends on the institutions you've mentioned become a Muslim?

Citizenship does not mean Muslim. You can be a citizen of Brunei for example and still be a Christian or Budhist or Hindu or Atheist.

What do yo mean by "who depends on"? Please explain then I can answer.
AlphDoti
#728 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:12:31 PM

tycho wrote:
tycho wrote:
Why is it so difficult for people of diverse world views to discuss about God? Could it be that the topic requires an exclusive set of qualifications that few of us have?

When there is a question about God and especially touching on my faith, Islam. That is when I come in and respond. Mostly to clarify or correct misconception.
tycho
#729 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:34:49 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:

Citizenship does not mean Muslim. You can be a citizen of Brunei for example and still be a Christian or Budhist or Hindu or Atheist.

Yes, Brunei might have atheists, but my question can be restated thus: what makes Brunei a Muslim state?

By 'depending on' I mean, using institutions mentioned in the Quran and in the Sunnah...
tycho
#730 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:36:20 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
tycho wrote:

When there is a question about God and especially touching on my faith, Islam. That is when I come in and respond. Mostly to clarify or correct misconception.

Therefore your qualification is utility of 'God'?
AlphDoti
#731 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:36:16 PM

tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:

Yes, Brunei might have atheists, but my question can be restated thus: what makes Brunei a Muslim state?

By 'depending on' I mean, using institutions mentioned in the Quran and in the Sunnah...

A country becomes Muslim state by establishing islam Sharia law. When you live in Muslim country, you are protected by that law, whether you are a Muslim or Christian, your rights are protected, just like a Muslim in a Christian nation like Kenya. Me as a Muslim I "depending on" Kenyan constitution, which protects me as a citizen and recognizes my rights as a Muslim. The Kenyan constitution does not force me to be a Christian or Atheist. Similarly, Muslim Sharia law does not force anyone to be Muslim, and it protects all.
AlphDoti
#732 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:38:40 PM

tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
tycho wrote:

I don't understand what you mean by your last statement. Please simplify it.
tycho
#733 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2019 12:48:48 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
tycho wrote:

I mean, you are qualified to talk about God because he is part of Islam, and you believe that what Islam says about God is the only truth.
AlphDoti
#734 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2019 7:43:55 AM

tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
tycho wrote:

I mean, you are qualified to talk about God because he is part of Islam, and you believe that what Islam says about God is the only truth.

There is only one truth. Almighty God sent to each nation a Prophet as a warner, and some of them with a Scripture as a guidance for that particular nation. And the scripture had same message, but not in exactly same word by word. But exact same message, one truth.
tycho
#735 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2019 4:23:18 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
tycho wrote:

There is only one truth. Almighty God sent to each nation a Prophet as a warner, and some of them with a Scripture as a guidance for that particular nation. And the scripture had same message, but not in exactly same word by word. But exact same message, one truth.

I agree with you that there is one truth. Hence we can answer the question of qualification to speak about God as?
AlphDoti
#736 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 1:58:44 PM

tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
tycho wrote:

I agree with you that there is one truth. Hence we can answer the question of qualification to speak about God as?

I will answer by quoting the truth, the true source Quran surah Baqarah chapter 2:2-4

2 This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of God Almighty-
3 Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them
4 And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you [the Torah and the Injeel and the Zabur etc], and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter [resurrection, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell]
tycho
#737 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 3:09:14 PM

Therefore according to you the qualification is belief in the truth.
AlphDoti
#738 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 4:26:20 PM

tycho wrote:

Yes, the answer is just from the same book, Quran surah Baqarah chapter 2 verse 5 They (myself Alphdoti included) are on (true) guidance from their Lord, and they are successful.
tycho
#739 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 6:08:21 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:

Yes, the answer is just from the same book, Quran surah Baqarah chapter 2 verse 5 They (myself Alphdoti included) are on (true) guidance from their Lord, and they are successful.

Like you said earlier, 'there's only one truth'. But some people don't believe in it, or are yet to believe in it. These people would automatically be disqualified from speaking about God.
AlphDoti
#740 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 10:39:12 AM

tycho wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:

Like you said earlier, 'there's only one truth'. But some people don't believe in it, or are yet to believe in it. These people would automatically be disqualified from speaking about God.

You asked about me. It was about me here, what qualifies me. I do not have the rights to disqualify anybody. To me, anybody can speak about God, after all it is truth.