wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<2930313233>»
Other religious discourse
AlphDoti
#601 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:16:10 PM

Muslim means the one who submits his will to the will of God. Jesus Christ (pbuh) in Matt 7:21 Jesus says: "None of those who call me lord will enter the kingdom of God, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven."

Islam religion is the religion of total submission to God's will. One word for that in the Arabic language is Islam. Islam means "total submission to will of God".

So the devil does not submit to the Will of God. So he's not a Muslim.
AlphDoti
#602 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:18:49 PM

Muslim also means one who not only believes in Allah as his Rabbi (the Creator), but also believes in the Prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h as the Last Messenger of Allah.
#603 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:08:48 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Muslim also means one who not only believes in Allah as his Rabbi (the Creator), but also believes in the Prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h as the Last Messenger of Allah.

@AlphDoti, I've always wondered, did Islam originate from Ishmael, first son of Abraham?

Do Muslims worship Yahweh, the same God as the Christians?

BBI will solve it
:)
Mukiri
#604 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:53:06 PM

Happened between Catholics and Protestants, power play at best. Is it the same between Shia and Sunni? How can one know which sect is right by Allah? Or Muhhamad PBUH?

Proverbs 19:21
AlphDoti
#605 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:50:36 PM

2012 wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

@AlphDoti, I've always wondered, did Islam originate from Ishmael, first son of Abraham?

@2012, no. Islam did not originate from Ishmael. Islam is not a new religion, but the same truth that God revealed through all His prophets to every people. Including Ishmael...

Quran 2:136 Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob), and to Al-Asbat [the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Musa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)."
AlphDoti
#606 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:52:08 PM

@2012, Yes. Muslims worship Yahweh the creator of this universe... Allah is God's name in Arabic. The same God whose name is Mwenyezi Mungu in swahili, Ngai in Kikuyu, Mulungu in Kamba, Nyasaye in Luyia, Asis in Kalenjin etc.

Allah, Yahweh, Jehovah, Elohim, Mungu, Ngai, Dieux etc no difference
AlphDoti
#607 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:03:33 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Happened between Catholics and Protestants, power play at best. Is it the same between Shia and Sunni? How can one know which sect is right by Allah? Or Muhhamad PBUH?

There is nothing like SUNNI or SHIA in Islam my friend @Mukiri. I think I've clarified this before. But of course I understand the juicy stories the media give you is so enticing.

Do you remember I told you before here that those terms are not in my religion, it is not in Quran. But it's in the minds of those who want to divide, people like you.
Mukiri
#608 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:11:44 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

There is nothing like SUNNI or SHIA in Islam my friend @Mukiri. I think I've clarified this before. But of course I understand the juicy stories the media give you is so enticing.

Do you remember I told you before here that those terms are not in my religion, it is not in Quran. But it's in the minds of those who want to divide, people like you.

Thank you for the clarrification. Why is one group of Muslims (ISIS) killing other Muslims? And what is the Islam world doing about it?

Mukiri
#609 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:18:41 PM

Yawah! That your link!? It was very hotPray Water under the bridge?

#610 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 4:32:26 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
@2012, Yes. Muslims worship Yahweh the creator of this universe... Allah is God's name in Arabic. The same God whose name is Mwenyezi Mungu in swahili, Ngai in Kikuyu, Mulungu in Kamba, Nyasaye in Luyia, Asis in Kalenjin etc.

Thanks for clarifying. It's good to learn from each other.

BBI will solve it
AlphDoti
#611 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:39:05 PM

Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Thank you for the clarification. Why is one group of Muslims (ISIS) killing other Muslims? And what is the Islam world doing about it?

I call them US shoe-polish boys!

I have said here again and again that ISIS, Al Qaeda, Taliban, Boko Haram, Al Shabaab are all criminal groups. They don't represent Islam. Islam does not teach anyone killing of an innocent person/civilian, whether through aggression or suicidal means, is under no circumstances permissible in Islam. Islam is against that!

So as far as terrorism is concerned, it is haram in Islam and whoever does, will go to hell.

And Muslims including myself have always spoke out, condemning these groups, telling the world, Wazua included that these people are not representing Muslims. This is not Islam. What they do or say is contrary to the Islamic teaching.

NOTE: I have stated this again and again. Check it out here
Wakanyugi
#612 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:18:28 PM

AlphDoti wrote:

Alpha, I have met a number of Muslim ladies who dont shake hands. One of them told me it is haram for a Muslim woman to shake hands with a man unless they are related. Is this true? What is the basis for the prohibition? How come the majority shake hands?
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
Lolest!
#613 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:04:26 PM

2012 wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

It's very Ishmaelite. So Abraham passed blessing to Ishmael; Isaac gave us the Messiah & all the prophets before him but Ishmael only gave us Muhammad

CONfusion
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#614 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:07:39 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Muslim means the one who submits his will to the will of God. Jesus Christ (pbuh) in Matt 7:21 Jesus says: "None of those who call me lord will enter the kingdom of God, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven."

Islam religion is the religion of total submission to God's will. One word for that in the Arabic language is Islam. Islam means "total submission to will of God".

So the devil does not submit to the Will of God. So he's not a Muslim.

So, can one be Muslim if he doesn't believe in Muhammad's 'prophecies' and teachings?

Can one be Muslim if they don't face Mecca while praying?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
AlphDoti
#615 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:53:47 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

Alpha, I have met a number of Muslim ladies who dont shake hands. One of them told me it is haram for a Muslim woman to shake hands with a man unless they are related. Is this true? What is the basis for the prohibition? How come the majority shake hands?

@Wakanyugi, thank you for asking me this question.

Yes it is not allowed for the opposite gender to shake hands apart from those who are related to e.g. father, brother, husband, son, uncle, grandfather, grandsons, nephews...

Let me give you an analogy which is close to this. Does every Tom, Dik and Harry shake the Queen's hands? Obviously no.

So our religion has placed the Muslim woman even over and above the England Queen. She's a queen in her throne that not everyone has got the status to shake her lovely hands.
AlphDoti
#616 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:59:34 PM

@Wakanyugi, in addition to that, the world is currently suffering from the HIV/AIDS epidemic in which research by the UNHRC (I think) that over 80% got infected through unprotected sex. This has even affected married couples which gets to husbands and wives cheating on each other.

And before the cheating happens, it starts way back, from looking, then shaking hands (which happens to arouse desires by the smoothness of the skin), then to hugging, then kissing and it ends where it does.

So Islam has put preventive measures by prohibiting different genders to shake hands.

This is a command ordered by our creator who created us and wants us to live the way He wants and not the way we'd like to. The Creator wants us to release our desires only with those we are married to i.e. what is referred to as legally.
AlphDoti
#617 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:07:29 PM

@Wakanyugi, regarding your other question: How come the majority shake hands?

It's important to understand Islam is a perfect way of life yet Muslims are perfectly imperfect. They are humans. So we should not confuse Islam by the actions of the Muslims.
AlphDoti
#618 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:15:07 PM

Lolest! wrote:
2012 wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

It's very Ishmaelite. So Abraham passed blessing to Ishmael; Isaac gave us the Messiah & all the prophets before him but Ishmael only gave us Muhammad

CONfusion

What about prophet Lot. What about Prophet Noah. What about prophet Enock... They were not born by Isaac. But still they are prophets of God.

It's fun to know these numbers, how many prophets born by so and so prophets etc but it doesn't hold any logical or theological importance.

I hope you agree with me on that?
#619 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:55:45 PM

2012 wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

Lastly, do Muslims believe in the creation story of Adam and Eve, Cain & Abel....

Does the disconnect between Muslims and Christians begin with the New Testament or before?

BBI will solve it
AlphDoti
#620 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 6:47:04 PM

2012 wrote:
2012 wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

Lastly, do Muslims believe in the creation story of Adam and Eve, Cain & Abel....

Does the disconnect between Muslims and Christians begin with the New Testament or before?

Question one:
@2012, yes Muslims believe in the creation of Adam and Eve, they are called Adam and Hawa in the Quran. Islam is in agreement with the creation account in Genesis to a large extent. You can ask specific clarification on this...

Question two:
And yes, God tells the story of Abel and Cain in Quran Surah al-Maida 5:27-31:
27 And recite to them the story of Adam's two sons, in truth, when they both offered a sacrifice [to Allah ], and it was accepted from one of them but was not accepted from the other. Said [the latter], "I will surely kill you." Said [the former], "Indeed, Allah only accepts from the righteous [who fear Him].
28 If you should raise your hand against me to kill me - I shall not raise my hand against you to kill you. Indeed, I fear Allah, Lord of the worlds.
29 Indeed I want you to obtain [thereby] my sin and your sin so you will be among the companions of the Fire. And that is the recompense of wrongdoers."
30 And his soul permitted to him the murder of his brother, so he killed him and became among the losers.
31 Then Allah sent a crow searching in the ground to show him how to hide the disgrace of his brother. He said, "O woe to me! Have I failed to be like this crow and hide the body of my brother?" And he became of the regretful.

You can still ask me specific questions on these two sons of Adam.

Question three:
The disconnect between Islam and Christianity is in the doctrines which crept into the Bible with the passage of time. The teachings of prophets and messengers have changed with time...