wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
SK charity club
vision2030
#61 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2009 2:28:00 PM

Dear Skerians,

The date for food donation distribution has been set to be 18th July 2009.So far we have contributed about 0.5tonnes of maize for targeted 30 desperate families led by jobless widows and elderly people.

The target location will for now remain undisclosed in this public forum because charity members have deemed it fit to keep the publicity low so to in turn keep the expectations low because the all the people in the location need food but we do not have the capacity to feed them all.

We shall only go for the desperate cases .

We hope to make a difference on that day .

For more details please get in touch.

Please join us physically and in kind

Proverbs 22.9: 'A generous man will himself be blessed,for he shares his food with the poor'
mukiha
#62 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2009 2:13:00 PM

I'd like to join.

Send me details....email in my profile

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Wendz
#63 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2009 2:45:00 PM

Me too.

Pls send me details on wendz545@gmail.com

Thanks

Some deals are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.
vision2030
#64 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2009 6:15:00 AM

Wendz and Mukiha

Thanks for the interest. Please check your inboxes.
The Real Shaft
#65 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2009 11:02:00 AM

fill me in too.....

scrosky@gmail.com.....

and what are we doing about IDPs....???

advise...

I'm the real Massey F.....shut your mouth
I'm the real Massey Fergu...... Shut your mouth....
vision2030
#66 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 9:33:00 AM

Thanks to all who have contributed .

Tommorow is the day and what you contributed gonna put a smile on someone's face.

5 have confirmed attendance so far and the doors are not locked.

You can still sent your contribution so that we can make a larger impact.

For those who will not make it,your contribution will be well represented. Don't worry there is a next time.
vision2030
#67 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 9:42:00 AM

TRS sorry I did see your email . I will reply you soon
leona
#68 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 1:47:00 PM

@Mpole et al
Travel safe kesho and may God see you through the days events and bless the good work of your hands. This noble gesture will be highly appreciated by many,am sure!

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't..
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
thuks
#69 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:01:00 PM

Mission accomplished. am sure more details will be forthcoming. happy to have put faces to the names on the site. thanks and welcome all for the next big thing...

Time is your life,what do you do with yours?
I care!
vision2030
#70 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2009 8:51:00 AM

Wow. It was a great and 100% successful event. Attended by 11 skerians including 2 children. Seen off by 2 more members and in a convoy of 3 cars.more details to follow.
gkchege
#71 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2009 10:14:00 AM

Hey all,we were there,together we made a difference and sure,it was great! It was truly great seeing the smiles of the recipients of the aid you all sent us to deliver - Thank you all who supported this cause,you made it possible.

More,am sure will be coming in - including some pics..

And yes,we recruited two beautiful little ladies c/o Lutz and it was a great time had by all.
vision2030
#72 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 6:33:00 AM

Skerians

Let me say I'm very upbeat on the work and spirit you showed in supporting the Saturday event. Thank you for your love and sacrifice for the less advantaged. Those who attended can bear witness that it was a mission well accomplished.

You all contributed to making this day a great success. You made a great impact. We were able to feed 30 families for about 2 weeks each with at least 2 meals a day .The beneficiaries assembled in one home and there were no hitches at all.

A village head woman supervised the distribution. From casual observation,anyone would judge that the donation went to the most deserving,as most of beneficiaries were elderly beyond 70yrs old. (&lsquo;Deserving&rsquo; may be hard to define but you know it when you see it). Some of the beneficiaries were informed of our arrival by 11.am on Saturday and to them it was a God's miracle because they said they did not have anything to eat that day. All they did in the morning was to say the Lord&rsquo;s Prayer '.........Give us our daily bread&rsquo; and there we were with the 'daily bread&rsquo;. We intervened at the right time to the right people.

We took photos of the elated elderly women. The women prayed for us so that our group can prosper (I wish they knew how informal we were). Luttz will post them in the SkCharity google groups.(You need to request for invitation to access the groups)

Special thanks goes to the 11 who took time off their busy weekend schedules to attend the well-timed event and the 2 who came to see us off at Kencom

The attendance was satisfactory this time.

I also wish to return my personal thanks to Luttz for the Nyam Chom and drinks he 'threw' to us on our way back to Nairobi. We all went home full and satisfied.

May God shower all those who participated physically and material wise with His blessing. You are God's favoured and I know that what you did will be highly rewarded.

This is NOT the end to the charity work.

The community did a lot to make us what we are. It&rsquo;s time to give back.

Leona,the next mission should be goat rearing /rabbit rearing at the Ruiru Rehabilitation centre. Or some other self-sustaining venture at the Rehab like vegetable farming.

How are the trees doing?

The Real Shaft has also mentioned something to do with the IDPs we need to work out something regarding that.

We need to make the charity more robust as we look at meeting the needs of the charity members.

I welcome any member who may be desperately in need of some form of help whereby members can chip in to inform us since charity should begin at home. The need may be food,sickness,death in the family etc and also positive events like weddings invitations,anniversaries,and thanks giving so that we can cry and laugh together as a family.

If you haven't joined the google group it would be advisable to join to facilitate communication

Any new suggestions welcome.

washiku
#73 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2019 8:53:31 PM