wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
SK charity club
vision2030
#1 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 10:04:00 AM

most of us are here to make money and get ourselves rich.

Suggestions have been made of forming an investement club and I belief that one is already in existence in this forum.

I have been thinking of how we as SKerians can help the less fortunate in the society .The concept of giving to get works automatically for Christians and Non Christians.Most of those people who are good givers have been well blessed in terms of riches.eg Manu chandaria,Aga Khan etc.

I may not be earning alot but I can afford to donate (kshs 68)1 dollar a day to help a person who is not necessarily my relative.If we can get 100 people donating 1 dollar a day,we can be able to uplift the lives of 100 people living under a dollar a day. what a blessing !!!!

The help needs not be in terms of food relief.It could be some income generating venture for the poor( don't give a man a fish teach him how to get one).Just have a tour to the slums in Nairobi and you will see what I mean. Some people here have been complaining of having alot of free time.This idea can be used to occupy them satisfactorily.(Nothing satisfies as helping a person in need)

Skerians,please give it a thought and we can work on the logistics .

my email address is: mpolekabisa@gmail.com

Please email me so that I can give you details of how you can get me.

I will give you my mobile phone number also for easy communication.

Skerians we can make this succeed.

We need to move quickly so that we can put a smile to some less priviledged people this

christmas season in the one off charity activity agreed during the get together.

PONDI
#2 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:12:00 PM

lol you do not want to know what i thought when i read this discussions topic...ati 'helping hand club'... kweli its friday,my head is in the gutter already....
cindano
#3 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:56:00 PM

Start by helping us with your name...

Pondi*

You need a lash of a nice whip...

Kila kitu kiasi...kula,kunywa,kucheza na hata ujinga...
vision2030
#4 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 2:43:00 PM

Cindano,

You will know my real name if this charity succeed and we ever meet.

I just love Vision2030 because our leaders think that 2030 is too far .I chose the name to be a constant reminder to them.
Drogo
#5 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:14:00 PM

Good idea visionary..
People may try and discourage you and call you all sorts of things but one important thing to remember is that being charitable saves lives,improves lives and builds a better society.
I'm with you on this one. Let's see how many more are..
Jamo Edin
#6 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 4:46:00 PM

I really appreciate your initiative. Charity is not a term most of us associate with wealth making and investment. But while making money is key,gawaing your profits with worthy causes is more laudable.

I currently contribute to Cancer Research and a few other charities and I don't feel like I am giving a large chunk of my money away. If you put your self in other's shoes it all becomes clear...imagine sponsoring part of high school fees for a bright kid who cannot afford high school education...surely some of us can identify with that.

It is the small things in life that make a difference. I would definitely be interested in such an initiative. Of course it would need accountability and serious auditing to ensure no frauds.

To be or not to be...that is the question.
moto9
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 6:10:00 AM

Dude,

And don't associate yourself with pessimistic optimists like drogo

Women who run helter skelter saying you shall be called names while everyone is praising the idea

Drogo do you have a husband?

I seriously doubt

Nine times nine
vision2030
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 06, 2008 4:35:00 PM

I'm happy that obama started with community work which is basically charity work.skerians why cann't we advance this ideas? Who knows the next president of kenya or Mp of your constituency may emerge from sk.Obama has really changed my thinking .Yes we can.If you are interested you can email me at:
mpolekabisa@gmail.com.
So that we can work on the logistics.
Yes we can.
Values-I believe in honesty & integrity. So accountability will be guaranteed.
caesar
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 06, 2008 4:41:00 PM

It is a great Idea. I believe we should find how to. ie Set up infrastructure,who will manage day to day,Select charities are of our choice,determine and audit how much of our contributed money gets to the children whom we are supporting vs administration costs.

Kularaha,Sk. This too is a blog that needs to be sponsored.
RskTaker
#10 Posted : Friday, November 07, 2008 6:23:00 AM

The only thing that would make me pray to God for 1 extra day is to touch a life and make a positive difference. Am in full support to this very noble idea and especially now that we are headed to the festive season. We can organise on spending a day with destitute kids and make their Christmas this year one to remember!

Life Can Be Explained As The Experience Of Living
leona
#11 Posted : Friday, November 07, 2008 8:32:00 AM

@all,thanx for supporting the idea though i didnt understand why some dude/chick attacked drogo,read someones post carefully before you attack them!!arrgh!

Anywayz,vision2030,you're always veery visionary and that's awesome.Ever heard of Voluntourism? We happen to do that in our company(tour company) with the help of both local and international volunteers and it's heart breaking to see the levels of poverty,disease and despair in our society.So if you guys need help when comig up with the list of projects that need assistance and how to go about it,i will be glad to be of help. the projects are in Kibera,Dandora,Mukuru,Kayole and Ruiru.

Count me in at your project,i'll send you an email and i hope Sk rians will be willing to help the less fortunate in the society. 'Nothing is of great value unless/until it is shared'

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't..
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
mlefu
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 08, 2008 9:42:00 AM

this is called a vision.. back in school days i wrote down somethings i would wish to achieve in life and this was one of them hope it works coz i want in.

cheers

muthomi mugi aiikagia maitho kabere...
gogeta
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 08, 2008 4:09:00 PM

Vision2030......thats the best idea ever.

by the way it doesn't take much sacrifice to make a difference in somebody's life imagine what i use to buy the morning papers-2 everyday of the week is enough to buy a person the next meal and make him motivated to keep going for one extra day.

am with you all the way,i think we need more pple like you around...ie who are visionary....then our country will move forwad ..'we may not get there in one year or in one term but am never been more hopeful for kenyans.'

be prepared and miss the opportunity rather than get the opportunity and not be prepared.
Think the unthinkable but wear a dark suit
vision2030
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:05:00 AM

Hi Skerians

I have moved this thread to pennywise because I still think that it affects your pocket and needs more of your attention .Please lets work together to see this initiative succeed .Its sucess depends on you and me.

We can use SK administration as our treasurer during the formative stages as we work on the other logistics.This will give Stockskenya an opportunity to participate in Corporate Social Responsibility.

I think we can make it an agenda during next saturday's get together party as we enjoy ourselves.

What do you think?

luttz
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:50:00 AM

This is a very noble idea. Have send you mail. Count me in. I have been involved in supporting the less fortunate in society at an international level and the experience has been gratifying.

Cheers
"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
vision2030
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:24:00 AM

thanks people for the positive response.For those emailing me,i feel encouraged that this worthwhile initiave will succeed.

SKerians keep the emails coming.We may have to brainstorm if there are some legal implications of such an initiative.Let the initiative be owned by all of us (skerians) by bringing ideas on how to make it succeed.

ogutuwalwanga
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:50:00 AM

Count on me,if you mail me an established charitable organisation i can help you source for so many thinks here for free.Good course to be supported

ogutu
ngwono
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:56:00 AM

Count me in please.

Without Holiness no man shall see God.Dear God,mould me to be a vessel of honour at this End times,to remain Obedient to your Word in all situations.Amen!
bidiiyangu
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:31:00 AM

these are the kind of things that counts even the Kingdom of God.,and yes we can......may we live to see it come true

i will trust in you,and will not be afraid.
vision2030
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:41:00 AM

Hi skerians,

I have responded to all who have emailed.Please keep the emails coming.