Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages«<7891011>
Fact: Larry Madowo is the best TV journalist
hardwood
#161 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 9:14:52 AM

obiero wrote:
2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
As people hate, he appeared on CNN last week Africa Voices focusing on the Trend!!!

He is doing well and I like the guy, he's a good guy. I think people confuse him for a journalist as the title of this thread reads. Larry is a presenter and not a journalist. He started writing his own article but I don't think that qualifies him to be a journalist. Your thoughts?

He is a slay king

Insubordination is the worst crime you can ever commit in the work place. And its punished by summary dismissal. It's just like committing mutiny in the army where one faces the firing squad. Fame and "slayness" has got into madodos head.
Ngalaka
#162 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 9:18:24 AM

Larry Madowo and Raila dont see eye to eye

ODM consider Madowo as an enemy of their party's interests.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
innairobi
#163 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 11:40:33 AM

KulaRaha wrote:

i find this hypocritical unless he resigns immediately. Larry Madowo is an employee of Nation Media and he benefits directly (i.e. receives a salary) based on the difficult financial and strategic decisions that the Nation Media board and senior management have to make to ensure the business makes enough money to pay him at the end of the month.

it's like working for a company that's a ponzi sceheme and everyday you wake up saying how evil it is but at the end of the mnth, you go and collect a salary from that very same evil company. yet you know how that money was made.

it's easy to be idealistic when you arent making any tough decisions and are simply being carried on the backs of those that have to as you wax lyrical on how righteous you are. the shareholders and business managers have to take much more long term view if they want to stay in business. this is not unique to kenya. american companies bend over backwards when they go to do business in china because at the end of the day they are more interested in hearing that kaching!

i dont support the GoK's intimidation of the media but i'm also wary of people who are ideaologues for retweets and likes only and dont really put their money where their mouth is.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Ngalaka
#164 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:41:13 PM

Madowo claims that, for the first time ever Nation have chosen not to carry his article.

Reading through the article as carried by CNN it doesnt come off as particularly radical.

Infact since the media debacle the nation and other local media have published more radical critiques against the Government.

One then wonders, might Nation have refused to take his article for other reasons!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
madollar
#165 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 4:48:52 PM

innairobi wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

i find this hypocritical unless he resigns immediately. Larry Madowo is an employee of Nation Media and he benefits directly (i.e. receives a salary) based on the difficult financial and strategic decisions that the Nation Media board and senior management have to make to ensure the business makes enough money to pay him at the end of the month.

it's like working for a company that's a ponzi sceheme and everyday you wake up saying how evil it is but at the end of the mnth, you go and collect a salary from that very same evil company. yet you know how that money was made.

it's easy to be idealistic when you arent making any tough decisions and are simply being carried on the backs of those that have to as you wax lyrical on how righteous you are. the shareholders and business managers have to take much more long term view if they want to stay in business. this is not unique to kenya. american companies bend over backwards when they go to do business in china because at the end of the day they are more interested in hearing that kaching!

i dont support the GoK's intimidation of the media but i'm also wary of people who are ideaologues for retweets and likes only and dont really put their money where their mouth is.

Reason why you should treat all your employees equally. At one point Larry had a newspaper column,a radio show,host of the trend ,prime time news anchor and ICT correspondent he occasionally filed reports from Capetown, silicon valley among other places lazima pembe ingemea .For NMG unless he quits sioni any other option apart from putting up with him alafu the next downsizing they include him.
Angelica _ann
#166 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 5:53:07 PM

madollar wrote:
innairobi wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Reason why you should treat all your employees equally. At one point Larry had a newspaper column,a radio show,host of the trend ,prime time news anchor and ICT correspondent he occasionally filed reports from Capetown, silicon valley among other places lazima pembe ingemea .For NMG unless he quits sioni any other option apart from putting up with him alafu the next downsizing they include him.

Problem with majority of employees is not knowing their worth & thrive/survive on kissing @#$%!!! Larry is independent minded.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#167 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 6:23:02 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
madollar wrote:
innairobi wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Problem with majority of employees is not knowing their worth & thrive/survive on kissing @#$%!!! Larry is independent minded.

Let's see how far his "dumb miguna-head" will take him. Fame has gotten into his head and it will finish him very soon. No CEO wants to have a rogue employee on their payroll. If he wants to #resist his employer, he can go join baba who has previously called for a boycott of NMG.
gk
#168 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 6:52:45 PM

Once upon a time there was a fellow called Louise Otieno.

Legend has it that he felt too important to be fired that he would blackmail his employer.
Impunity
#169 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:24:28 PM

hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

The luo in him has awoken. And baba is god.

Me too wondered.
All of a sudden he is pro baba
Sad

Just like miguna 2
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Angelica _ann
#170 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:49:16 PM

gk wrote:
Once upon a time there was a fellow called Louise Otieno.

Legend has it that he felt too important to be fired that he would blackmail his employer.

You really don't know why Otieno went down the drain my fren!!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
masukuma
#171 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:52:36 PM

Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Me too wondered.
Sad

Just like miguna 2

people confuse criticism of gava's heavy handed actions as being pro Raila. why do people think there are 2 sides? there are many sides - just that 2 of them are rather large.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Angelica _ann
#172 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:57:54 PM

masukuma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Me too wondered.
Sad

Just like miguna 2

people confuse criticism of gava's heavy handed actions as being pro Raila. why do people think there are 2 sides? there are many sides - just that 2 of them are rather large.

Very sober comment, globe trotting has really helped you!!!
hardwood
#173 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 8:34:26 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Me too wondered.
Sad

Just like miguna 2

There are only 2 sides. You are either Republican or Democrat. Either Conservative or labour. Either Jubilee or cordoo. Hakuna 3rd way or 4th way.
hardwood
#174 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 8:40:32 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Me too wondered.
Sad

Just like miguna 2

I highly doubt if globe trotting in $hithole countries like the Cannibal republic of PNG or the slave republic of liberia can ever help anyone in matters democracy. He should go to the US or India.....or even Kenya.
masukuma
#175 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:05:24 PM

hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Me too wondered.
Sad

Just like miguna 2

I highly doubt if globe trotting in $hithole countries like the Cannibal republic of PNG or the slave republic of liberia can ever help anyone in matters democracy. He should go to the US or India.....or even Kenya.

Chief - address the matter in question. Don't throw red herrings... I might just decide to follow your red herrings and it will leave you shocked...
Impunity
#176 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:57:48 PM

masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Me too wondered.
Sad

Just like miguna 2

Chief - address the matter in question. Don't throw red herrings... I might just decide to follow your red herrings and it will leave you shocked...

Mwenye nguvu aseme ngwee halafu aweke nyasi kwa kichwa ya mwenzake.
smile
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Angelica _ann
#177 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 12:50:55 AM

masukuma
#178 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 6:24:18 PM

hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Me too wondered.
Sad

Just like miguna 2

There are only 2 sides. You are either Republican or Democrat. Either Conservative or labour. Either Jubilee or cordoo. Hakuna 3rd way or 4th way.

Let me draw 2 sides
Republicans are conservatives right? Socially conservatives? Fiscal conservatives? Democrats are liberals right? Social Liberals? Fiscal Liberals?
Where do Libertarians lie? You see - even when you dissected it - I split it into 4. I have not touched the environment yet!! In kenya... is UHURU 'conservative' or 'liberal'? is Raila 'conservative' or 'liberal'? I put it to you... both are actually LIBERALS... they love giving out free things, big governments. Free this free that!! Big on taxation. how does the democrat vs liberal angle work here? Just because you see 2 big sides does not make it the only sides!! How come rich people like Gates and Buffet are democrats?
mkenyan
#179 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 7:00:46 AM

masukuma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Me too wondered.
Sad

Just like miguna 2

this
murchr
#180 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 4:56:44 PM

Before

After

We knew it was coming. NTV has done him good
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore