wazua Sun, May 12, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages«<678910>»
Fact: Larry Madowo is the best TV journalist
Buster
#141 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:47:49 AM

aemathenge wrote:
Quote:
"You know what, I thought about it and said if you look at Friday night television in Kenya now, everybody is trying to do what I've done.

Yes, I said it.

Everybody is trying to do what Larry Madowo has done.

They are copying "The Trend", everybody in every channel.

I think I can't compete with my students anymore.

People are trying to be me, so it's time to move on.

That's the simple reason."

The sheer Conceit.

The utter vanity.

The absolute smugness.

Ugh !

I have never understood what my baby girl means on the rare occasion she utters this word.

I don’t even know if it is a real word, but what the hell, I will voice it anyway

NKTIEST

Source Link:

Ha ha ha Easy easy @Aemathenge. It is said getting to the top is easy but staying there is hard. The guy is simply afraid of competition. If you had noticed he was losing many guests to his rivals.
Lolest!
#142 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:12:46 AM

aemathenge wrote:
Quote:
"You know what, I thought about it and said if you look at Friday night television in Kenya now, everybody is trying to do what I've done.

Yes, I said it.

The sheer Conceit.

The utter vanity.

The absolute smugness.

Ugh !

I have never understood what my baby girl means on the rare occasion she utters this word.

I don’t even know if it is a real word, but what the hell, I will voice it anyway

NKTIEST

Source Link:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Swenani
#143 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:07:19 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I said it.

The sheer Conceit.

The utter vanity.

The absolute smugness.

Ugh !

NKTIEST

Source Link:

Quote:
Larry, who started the show way back in Dec 2012, also thanked the viewers for their support over that period

I thought the trend was started by James Smart?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Lolest!
#144 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:13:07 PM

Swenani wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I said it.

The sheer Conceit.

The utter vanity.

The absolute smugness.

Ugh !

NKTIEST

Source Link:

Quote:
Larry, who started the show way back in Dec 2012, also thanked the viewers for their support over that period

I thought the trend was started by James Smart?

Yes, but you've got to respect Madondo. He owned it, changed it to something he likes ad it worked

It has a good following but that's not my taste
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Obi 1 Kanobi
#145 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:34:59 PM

Larry Madowo is very poplar with the younger generation. All this negative energy generated here is just a reflection of the age of wazuans.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
obiero
#146 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:35:27 PM

Buster wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I said it.

The sheer Conceit.

The utter vanity.

The absolute smugness.

Ugh !

NKTIEST

Source Link:

Ha ha ha Easy easy @Aemathenge. It is said getting to the top is easy but staying there is hard. The guy is simply afraid of competition. If you had noticed he was losing many guests to his rivals.

Agreed. The show lost relevance

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Buster
#147 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:52:03 AM

Enyewe this guy has let success go to his head. The world revolves around him. What happened to the guy? And I really used to like him. All his newspaper articles are sooo shallow....
obiero
#148 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:44:24 PM

Buster wrote:
Enyewe this guy has let success go to his head. The world revolves around him. What happened to the guy? And I really used to like him. All his newspaper articles are sooo shallow....

Pride comes before a fall. It could be the reason that he doesn't have a better half.. A very vain character.. He's not the best at what he does. Simply controversial

FRM2011
#149 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 12:34:31 AM

Below is a facebook post by a guy calling himself Richard Oduor Oduku. A brilliant mind this one.

"@Larrymadowo has been in Europe, enjoying the delights and efficiency, and it's beautiful thing following his joys, dissapointments, and surprises. But when you go to the comments, you get these guys who are like "we've lived here for 20 years and we don't post about trains everyday but you come for one day and you post every minute" and such like comments. What these little commenters forget is that to be a writer is to be a perpetual stranger, observing and writing down the little things the masses have been desensitized to experience. This attitude is also why a majority of travel literature about Africa are written by white people. These guys come, for all manner of reasons, traverse our lands and write about it. These Africans in Europe, like many Africans in Africa, lack the curiosity and desire to map their environments. They don't understand that to see, to observe, to write about, is to interpret according to one's cultural, historical, knowledge lenses. They complain about European's mislabelling, misjudgment, and (read Binyavanga Wainaina's "How to Write About Africa" for all the tropes) but are not courageous enough to use their lenses to write about their own lands or their experiences in Europe when they travel. They don't want to impose their cultural lens on Europe. They are non-participants in the global production of knowledge and will forever be oppressed by other people's lenses. They have not learnt how to challenge colonial power structures, particularly when it comes to representations. In 2018, we begin work on an important issue on travel writing in East Africa."

Angelica _ann
#150 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 8:26:14 AM

As people hate, he appeared on CNN last week Africa Voices focusing on the Trend!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
simonkabz
#151 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:11:10 AM

FRM2011 wrote:

Below is a facebook post by a guy calling himself Richard Oduor Oduku. A brilliant mind this one.

"@Larrymadowo has been in Europe, enjoying the delights and efficiency, and it's beautiful thing following his joys, dissapointments, and surprises. But when you go to the comments, you get these guys who are like "we've lived here for 20 years and we don't post about trains everyday but you come for one day and you post every minute" and such like comments. What these little commenters forget is that to be a writer is to be a perpetual stranger, observing and writing down the little things the masses have been desensitized to experience. This attitude is also why a majority of travel literature about Africa are written by white people. These guys come, for all manner of reasons, traverse our lands and write about it. These Africans in Europe, like many Africans in Africa, lack the curiosity and desire to map their environments. They don't understand that to see, to observe, to write about, is to interpret according to one's cultural, historical, knowledge lenses. They complain about European's mislabelling, misjudgment, and (read Binyavanga Wainaina's "How to Write About Africa" for all the tropes) but are not courageous enough to use their lenses to write about their own lands or their experiences in Europe when they travel. They don't want to impose their cultural lens on Europe. They are non-participants in the global production of knowledge and will forever be oppressed by other people's lenses. They have not learnt how to challenge colonial power structures, particularly when it comes to representations. In 2018, we begin work on an important issue on travel writing in East Africa."

Beautiful post.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
#152 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:13:38 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
As people hate, he appeared on CNN last week Africa Voices focusing on the Trend!!!

He is doing well and I like the guy, he's a good guy. I think people confuse him for a journalist as the title of this thread reads. Larry is a presenter and not a journalist. He started writing his own article but I don't think that qualifies him to be a journalist. Your thoughts?

BBI will solve it
:)
maka
#153 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 4:19:09 PM

simonkabz wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

Beautiful post.

Beautiful is an understatement... People will always hate just do your thing...
possunt quia posse videntur
KulaRaha
#154 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 2:15:48 PM

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
hardwood
#155 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 2:25:56 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

The luo in him has awoken. And baba is god.
hardwood
#156 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 2:31:53 PM

hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Madodo should have asked CNN about what Trump thinks about them (CNN) and other fake media.
harrydre
#157 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 7:19:25 PM

hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Madodo should have asked CNN about what Trump thinks about them (CNN) and other fake media.

Has he been sacked yet? How do you vomit on your employer like that. The person who feeds you?
i.am.back!!!!
obiero
#158 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 8:31:43 PM

2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

He is doing well and I like the guy, he's a good guy. I think people confuse him for a journalist as the title of this thread reads. Larry is a presenter and not a journalist. He started writing his own article but I don't think that qualifies him to be a journalist. Your thoughts?

He is a slay king

obiero
#159 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 8:34:11 PM

2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

He is a slay king

Angelica _ann
#160 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 9:02:18 PM

harrydre wrote:
hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Has he been sacked yet? How do you vomit on your employer like that. The person who feeds you?

Some people are not slaves at work!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen