Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages«<34567>»
Fact: Larry Madowo is the best TV journalist
McReggae
#81 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 11:58:30 AM

jaggernaut wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
bird_man wrote:
I think hapa shida ni "generation/age".If you are between 26-35yrs...you will LOVE the Trend plus Larry.If you are older, you will keep hating. It is just the same way I hate KISS Tv shows yet your kids love them.

Further, the poster on Facebook of this Photoshop image herein below falls squarely in the age bracket you give.

In my humble opinion, it is a screaming statement on the status of Mr. Madowo's ego.

Yaani some people hate madowo so much that they had to spend hours photo shopping the piksha and clone him?

smile .....Now @maheagoat is squarely falling in the category that he is trying to run away from!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
bird_man
#82 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 12:02:44 PM

McReggae wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
bird_man wrote:
I think hapa shida ni "generation/age".If you are between 26-35yrs...you will LOVE the Trend plus Larry.If you are older, you will keep hating. It is just the same way I hate KISS Tv shows yet your kids love them.

Further, the poster on Facebook of this Photoshop image herein below falls squarely in the age bracket you give.

In my humble opinion, it is a screaming statement on the status of Mr. Madowo's ego.

Yaani some people hate madowo so much that they had to spend hours photo shopping the piksha and clone him?

smile .....Now @maheagoat is squarely falling in the category that he is trying to run away from!!!

LOL!Word!
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Magigi
#83 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 1:59:27 PM

aemathenge wrote:
... and I used to cringe every time Mr. Madowo used words to the effect that ... the show is about nothing actually....

It used to give me the impression that the show is the place to be for someone who has nothing else to do.

I understand he still uses those words.

...The reason why people would want to watch it! Are you that ! not to decipher meaning from use of words?
Magigi
#84 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 2:03:39 PM

aemathenge wrote:
2012 wrote:
but the concept of the 'Trend' is an outright winner and he's the best host for it.

And therein lies the show's inherent weakness.

If, God forbid, Kiefer Sutherland were to drop dead today, the 24 television series would go into cardiac arrest if not instant death.

Churchill Show and its spin off Churchill Raw would not skip a beat if Daniel Ndambuki, God forbid, dropped dead.

...The Trend was started by a dude who left for KTN!
murchr
#85 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 2:25:37 PM

McReggae wrote:
murchr wrote:
tassia wrote:
Buster wrote:
murchr wrote:
tassia wrote:
Its about age. If you do not appreciate Madowo, you are likely old and conservative. Fact, Madowo has a big following of the young. You should also notice that the Trend has slowly moved to an entertainment show and lot's of young people follow it and they like the host. Which TV station would not like to have a programme with a big following from the young people?

The "young" are not watching tv at that time and if NTV is trying to capture this market then they should change the whole structure of news attention span ya xaxa generation haiwezi ngoja mpaka 9:40pm they have already left the sitting room and have plugged in earphone kwa masikio. May be NTV should have a xaxa news segment on GTV and leave NTV for the sober mature fellas. Otherwise Betty Kyalo and Hussein Mohamed rule the wave on Friday Night

Agreed. The young ones do not watch him at all. My teenagers have a Telly in their room and only watch the Trend when they catch me watching the top 5 section.

Sorry, I did not mean teenagers. I meant a certain age above teenagers and not too old. Of course if this topic was on a teenagers blog, the topic may well have been those kiss presenters. We may not like it but Madowo has tried to be different on the screen and by doing that earning both a following and some hatred/dislike and I guess that is why we are talking about him here.

That age group is busy clubbing on Friday and Saturday there's no time for news. They have just discovered alcohol and are fascinated by women. So try to think again are they really watching madowo? No. I once spoke to one of those bigmen in NTV and he told me that Kenyans (18-35) are not watching programmed tv anymore, they are watching sports or movies/seasons which they can easily get from maDVD guy.

Watu wameachia miss mboch tv that's why Citizen is big because after watching those Mexican soaps (Women) you are programmed to watch thier news

Go to twitter on Friday nights!!!!

Twitter is not Kenya. Do you have the data of the number of Kenyans twitting? #Not the number of tweets.

Most tweets are from the same crowd. I suspect some idle Uni kids. Others just react to tweets #thatsall
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
tassia
#86 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 3:10:21 PM

Hilarious how some people are so determined to show that Madowo is a nobody that they even go out of topic. @aemathenge what did the guy do to you? Is it the "O" effect? or you just don't like how is able to get photos easily with pretty girls? Assuming you are objective, you are missing one major point...that is everything you like is what others are interested in.

When the trend started, there was more focus on politics by the former host. Madowo or NTV has converted it into an entertainment show. And entertainment sells

Do you imagine NTV has no way of knowing if the program is doing well or not. Do think all those adverts during the break especially targeted to some age group are there for nothing? NTV would have dropped it if it did not attract any interest. Want to know if entertainment, gossip, fashion, celebrities and sex sells in Kenya?

poundfoolish
#87 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 4:48:44 PM

Larry Madowo is good at what he is doing..

He started off childish, trying too much to add casualness to Prime News. But has quickly learnt the ropes and is currently good at what he is doing.
My assessment of the bile towards him is

1. Larry has not risen through the media ranks in the usual old fashioned manner i.e bootlicking or those other bad(bed) rumours we here about with news people.
Just slow growth, with time relevance. That is social media effect on mainstream Media

2. Larry is not pedigree. No family ties behind him.. big uncle connection etc etc

2. Larry is in the social media but never a member of KOT's Bigwig gang of self hubris individuals on social media. That group tends to think only one of their own can do what he does, or tell the rest of Kenyans what is trendy or the in thing and demand followerhsip by arrogance.

3. Larry anchors with a beautiful lady by his side (a preserve call for high management and politicians who later award them with plum jobs and rosy lives) that many other fellows only ogle and dream about... and he gives her flowers and chocolate on TV to their chagrin.

4. Last but not least. It may be the 'O' factor to some. though a very small percentage are due to that.
Lolest!
#88 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 4:58:50 PM

poundfoolish wrote:
Larry Madowo is good at what he is doing..

He started off childish, trying too much to add casualness to Prime News. But has quickly learnt the ropes and is currently good at what he is doing.
My assessment of the bile towards him is

1. Larry has not risen through the media ranks in the usual old fashioned manner i.e bootlicking or those other bad(bed) rumours we here about with news people.
Just slow growth, with time relevance. That is social media effect on mainstream Media

2. Larry is not pedigree. No family ties behind him.. big uncle connection etc etc

2. Larry is in the social media but never a member of KOT's Bigwig gang of self hubris individuals on social media. That group tends to think only one of their own can do what he does, or tell the rest of Kenyans what is trendy or the in thing and demand followerhsip by arrogance.

3. Larry anchors with a beautiful lady by his side (a preserve call for high management and politicians who later award them with plum jobs and rosy lives) that many other fellows only ogle and dream about... and he gives her flowers and chocolate on TV to their chagrin.

4. Last but not least. It may be the 'O' factor to some. though a very small percentage are due to that.

You think it is impossible to just not like Larry?

Let me not comment on Victoria's beauty!

FYI it is not universally accepted that Julie is great
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
aemathenge
#89 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:43:08 AM

tassia wrote:
Hilarious how some people are so determined to show that Madowo is a nobody that they even go out of topic. @aemathenge what did the guy do to you? Is it the "O" effect? or you just don't like how is able to get photos easily with pretty girls? Assuming you are objective, you are missing one major point...that is everything you like is what others are interested in.

When the trend started, there was more focus on politics by the former host. Madowo or NTV has converted it into an entertainment show. And entertainment sells

Do you imagine NTV has no way of knowing if the program is doing well or not. Do think all those adverts during the break especially targeted to some age group are there for nothing? NTV would have dropped it if it did not attract any interest. Want to know if entertainment, gossip, fashion, celebrities and sex sells in Kenya?

I hold no grudge against Mr. Madowo whatsoever. I even did not know his ethnicity until it was pointed out here.

My only problem is that he speaks too fast.

However, I again revert to the originator's post.

Is he the best News Anchor? In my opinion, no.

Is he the best Journalist? In my opinion, no.

Is he better than Julie Gichuru? Hell, no.

Is he popular and well liked? Absolutely.

Do I watch NTV "News" and the Trend on Friday? No.

Do I watch The Trend repeats? Occasionally, such as the divas part and the 50 years of Kenya show.

Nothing further.
#90 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:14:36 AM

Wazua is such a tough crowd.
Now since we all clearly watch the Trend, why not suggest areas of improvement instead of bashing the guy? And luckily for those of us who can't stand the guy there are over 10 other channels available.

BBI will solve it
:)
McReggae
#91 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:19:38 AM

2012 wrote:
Now since we all clearly watch the Trend, why not suggest areas of improvement instead of bashing the guy? And luckily for those of us who can't stand the guy there are over 10 other channels available.

For the boy to get discussed to this level, it means amefika mahali!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Lolest!
#92 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:34:31 AM

McReggae wrote:
2012 wrote:

For the boy to get discussed to this level, it means amefika mahali!!!

of course ako mahali but that doesn't mean we should all agree on the notion that he's the gratest.

Kuna watu bado wanapenda styro ya Badi Muhsin wa KBCLaughing out loudly Or are missing Khamisi Themor's stone faced news presentation

Zinaitwa tastes and preferences. We have guys(like mahegoat) who really adore Caro Mutoko. I would rather stay without radio than listen to that woman. Maina Kageni ni mwingine we can't all agree on.

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
aemathenge
#93 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2014 11:13:26 AM

Lolest! wrote:
of course ako mahali but that doesn't mean we should all agree on the notion that he's the gratest.

Kuna watu bado wanapenda styro ya Badi Muhsin wa KBCLaughing out loudly Or are missing Khamisi Themor's stone faced news presentation

Zinaitwa tastes and preferences. We have guys(like mahegoat) who really adore Caro Mutoko. I would rather stay without radio than listen to that woman. Maina Kageni ni mwingine we can't all agree on.

Hear, hear.

I grew up with and came to love Elizabeth Omollo, she of the "Am Tiny the laughing hyena...." fame on VOK and KBC. Others were Pro. Nyaisani and later in life, Catherine Kasavuli.

I have yet to identify Anchors to beat them. Well, except Ms. Mutoko but she is on Radio but that is another messed up industry, FM stations that is.
aemathenge
#94 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 10:42:36 AM

He called me and told me that both would be on the tread. I could not believe it so I had to sit and watch.

Ms. Caroline Mutoko and Mr. Larry Madowo on the trend last night.

I must say I was deeply impressed.

The setting. The gift. The elegant command of the English language.

Applause
Bykhovets
#95 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 11:39:38 AM

aemathenge wrote:
He called me and told me that both would be on the tread. I could not believe it so I had to sit and watch.

Ms. Catherine Mutoko and Mr. Larry Madowo on the trend last night.

Applause

Did you know the French were beating the Swiss lifeless at exactly the same time?

I wouldn't waste a second of my time on Ms. Mutoko anyway.
"Occasionally I drop a tea cup to shatter on the floor. On purpose. I am not satisfied when it does not gather itself up again. Someday perhaps that cup will come together."
Bigchick
#96 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:10:37 PM

aemathenge wrote:

Applause

She is Caroline.

Edit please before someone informs her and you become the next topic on her breakfast show.

She even taked offence if one calls her Carol. .....so you csn imagine what Catherine would elicit.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
washiku
#97 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:27:06 PM

Bigchick wrote:
aemathenge wrote:

Applause

She is Caroline.

Edit please before someone informs her and you become the next topic on her breakfast show.

She even taked offence if one calls her Carol. .....so you csn imagine what Catherine would elicit.

Did you type "Taked" surely?

Anyway Jana didn't watch him...there were some fireworks going on somewhere in Brazil.
Impunity
#98 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:13:47 PM

washiku wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
aemathenge wrote:

Applause

She is Caroline.

Did you type "Taked" surely?

Anyway Jana didn't watch him...there were some fireworks going on somewhere in Brazil.

Is this one of the average girls @Caroline Mutoko talked about?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

ION: Video Rink

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

aemathenge
#99 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:36:20 PM

Bigchick wrote:
aemathenge wrote:

Applause

She is Caroline.

Thanks for typo correction.

I invite her to try and take offense.
aemathenge
#100 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:41:40 PM

Bykhovets wrote:
aemathenge wrote:

Applause

Did you know the French were beating the Swiss lifeless at exactly the same time?

I wouldn't waste a second of my time on Ms. Mutoko anyway.

I am a Germany fan. Therefore I could afford about thirty minutes to enjoy the fire works of a Ms. Mutoko/Mr. Madowo duel then revert to the French/Swiss walkover.