wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages<12345>»
Fact: Larry Madowo is the best TV journalist
maka
#41 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 9:46:08 PM

He is pretty ok...personally I think way above average.
possunt quia posse videntur
jaggernaut
#42 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 9:55:24 PM

maka wrote:
He is pretty ok...personally I think way above average.

He's currently the best.....

So who is the compe? Lilian Muli? Betty Kyallo? Hussein? Terryann Chebet? Mwamkazi? Tom Mboya? Mark Masai?
Lolest!
#43 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 10:14:15 PM

@jagger, when it comes to interviewing, I think Citizen's Chamwada is best. Hussein is coming up well too. As i told u, it's hard to get consensus on these things. People today are debating whether Chinua Achebe was a great writer, that's how hard it is to get everyone pleased!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
harrydre
#44 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 10:26:39 PM

murchr wrote:
Tell your pal that he is very boring wacheni kumtetea hapa. Best Jonalist is hussein mohammed citizen

I think he is above average compared to the rest,however, I prefer the news presented by Hussein Mohammed or Victoria Rubadiri smile any day.

Larry is excellent in casual talks, reporting from the scenes and interviews and that's why he does a great job on the Trend.
i.am.back!!!!
Mukiri
#45 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 10:59:54 PM

He's way way above averageApplause

Proverbs 19:21
jaggernaut
#46 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 11:28:40 PM

Vicky has done quite well tonight standing in for Madowo (who is said to be on a world tour).....yaani mpaka 11.30pm.
tassia
#47 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 11:54:49 PM

Its about age. If you do not appreciate Madowo, you are likely old and conservative. Fact, Madowo has a big following of the young. You should also notice that the Trend has slowly moved to an entertainment show and lot's of young people follow it and they like the host. Which TV station would not like to have a programme with a big following from the young people?
murchr
#48 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 4:06:54 AM

tassia wrote:
Its about age. If you do not appreciate Madowo, you are likely old and conservative. Fact, Madowo has a big following of the young. You should also notice that the Trend has slowly moved to an entertainment show and lot's of young people follow it and they like the host. Which TV station would not like to have a programme with a big following from the young people?

The "young" are not watching tv at that time and if NTV is trying to capture this market then they should change the whole structure of news attention span ya xaxa generation haiwezi ngoja mpaka 9:40pm they have already left the sitting room and have plugged in earphone kwa masikio. May be NTV should have a xaxa news segment on GTV and leave NTV for the sober mature fellas. Otherwise Betty Kyalo and Hussein Mohamed rule the wave on Friday Night
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
aemathenge
#49 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 8:49:48 AM

tassia wrote:

You have a point there. Age that is.

When they "do" the Trend, I am on BBC. If I am going to listen to English, then I might as well as listen to The English.

The "youth" are not on the Trend, they are on KissTV. I noticed this because my eighteen year old daughter and her "friends" are permanently there and as you may have noticed, KissTV's current catch phrase is that "it ain't your mama's station."
Murang'a
#50 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 10:24:45 AM

Madondo is just overated according to me. Yes he is good but not upto the level guys put him.

He might be gud in making news lively but he totally overdoes it and ends up talking a lot of irrelevant things.

As for the trend, methinks that he has a catching but not for youth coz after all how many young guys watch TV on furahiday and if they do most of them are in KissTv and Bundesliga etc.

I remember during Uhunye's inauguration he tried to woo various guys in state house to come in the Trend and he sort of said it very confidently as if every Kenyan follows it but most of them were like ' What is The Trend?'

But all in all, you can never please everyone coz even they are people who like listening to Mutegi but Larry cant be the best in an industry where Hussein, Jeff and the likes are present.
IMITATION IS LIMITATION
alma
#51 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 1:41:45 PM

He's interviewed me once so I like the guy. Very nice guy compared to some of his brethren.

As for the best, thats something else. That Hussein guy on citizen can tare into any facade and he always comes prepared.

But for being a nice guy Madowo is a nice guy.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
famooz
#52 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:40:25 PM

Larry is very good at what he does. He ranks up there among news anchors and presenters.
aemathenge
#53 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 4:14:04 PM

famooz wrote:
Larry is very good at what he does. He ranks up there among news anchors and presenters.

Granted my dear. An excess of 207,000 likes on his facebook page seem to agree with you.

However,look at the heading/title of this thread:

As the kids are want to say: As in, really?

Post Script:

Have you been across lately? As in really lately?
Buster
#54 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 7:08:34 PM

murchr wrote:
tassia wrote:

The "young" are not watching tv at that time and if NTV is trying to capture this market then they should change the whole structure of news attention span ya xaxa generation haiwezi ngoja mpaka 9:40pm they have already left the sitting room and have plugged in earphone kwa masikio. May be NTV should have a xaxa news segment on GTV and leave NTV for the sober mature fellas. Otherwise Betty Kyalo and Hussein Mohamed rule the wave on Friday Night

Agreed. The young ones do not watch him at all. My teenagers have a Telly in their room and only watch the Trend when they catch me watching the top 5 section.
tassia
#55 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 7:45:11 PM

Buster wrote:
murchr wrote:
tassia wrote:

Agreed. The young ones do not watch him at all. My teenagers have a Telly in their room and only watch the Trend when they catch me watching the top 5 section.

Sorry, I did not mean teenagers. I meant a certain age above teenagers and not too old. Of course if this topic was on a teenagers blog, the topic may well have been those kiss presenters. We may not like it but Madowo has tried to be different on the screen and by doing that earning both a following and some hatred/dislike and I guess that is why we are talking about him here.
kollabo
#56 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 7:48:41 PM

What about on radio? There's a lady called Mumbi on Easy FM drive time from kitu 4.30pm. Very mature young girl.
urstill1
#57 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 7:57:23 PM

tassia wrote:
Buster wrote:
murchr wrote:
tassia wrote:

Sorry, I did not mean teenagers. I meant a certain age above teenagers and not too old. Of course if this topic was on a teenagers blog, the topic may well have been those kiss presenters. We may not like it but Madowo has tried to be different on the screen and by doing that earning both a following and some hatred/dislike and I guess that is why we are talking about him here.

Youths/young adults!!!
aemathenge
#58 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 6:10:25 PM

tassia wrote:
We may not like it but Madowo has tried to be different on the screen and by doing that earning both a following and some hatred/dislike and I guess that is why we are talking about him here.

Post number one of this thread has "facts" such as:

He is the one person that any media company would want to have.

In fact he has personally turned round the fortunes of NTV by bringing in vibrancy to the once dull station.

He is in the league of Julie Gichuru, if not better.......

Not forgetting the title of course.

I have promoted my favorites on this site often but this I refuse to swallow.
murchr
#59 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 6:49:35 PM

tassia wrote:
Buster wrote:
murchr wrote:
tassia wrote:

That age group is busy clubbing on Friday and Saturday there's no time for news. They have just discovered alcohol and are fascinated by women. So try to think again are they really watching madowo? No. I once spoke to one of those bigmen in NTV and he told me that Kenyans (18-35) are not watching programmed tv anymore, they are watching sports or movies/seasons which they can easily get from maDVD guy.

Watu wameachia miss mboch tv that's why Citizen is big because after watching those Mexican soaps (Women) you are programmed to watch thier news
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
famooz
#60 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 9:01:51 PM

aemathenge wrote:
famooz wrote:

Granted my dear. An excess of 207,000 likes on his facebook page seem to agree with you.

However,look at the heading/title of this thread:

As the kids are want to say: As in, really?

Post Script:

Have you been across lately? As in really lately?

:)Do you mean what I think you means? No,I haven't been. You have some maoni? hehehe