wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

45 Pages«<2122232425>»
Is Taking a Mortgage the WORST Decision Ever??
Angelica _ann
#441 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:26:17 PM

dunkang wrote:
Wendz wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
Toxicity wrote:
Talking of mortgages wifey works in a bank and there is talk of her taking the mortgage as I help finance 6% rate..I am of opinion she takes a normal loan and buy land plus my savings and construct..Opinions?

Are you ready to live in wifey's house? The married among us know the import of this question.

mmmmh. Happened to a neighbor..... wifey became so cocky to an extent of bringing another dude to HER house!

Disclaimer: All women are not the same.

And @Wendz is supposed to be a lady????

When woman has upper hand, home turf becomes hard stuff for the man. That is the reality of life.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
whiteowl
#442 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 8:09:39 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Toxicity wrote:
Talking of mortgages wifey works in a bank and there is talk of her taking the mortgage as I help finance 6% rate..I am of opinion she takes a normal loan and buy land plus my savings and construct..Opinions?

Are you ready to live in wifey's house? The married among us know the import of this question.

Answering that question is as important as calculating repayment options of the financing options available
Jitahidi
#443 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 8:44:33 AM

" Disclaimer: All women are not the same. " Saw a bus written this at the back "Filisika ujue tabia ya mkeo"
Wendz
#444 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 9:33:35 AM

dunkang wrote:
Wendz wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
Toxicity wrote:

mmmmh. Happened to a neighbor..... wifey became so cocky to an extent of bringing another dude to HER house!

I stated a fact. At least I am honest enough to admit that these things do happen. I don't have to defend or bury the wrong just because I am a lady and it's committed by my fellow fair member, now do I?
iris
#445 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 10:26:00 AM

Wendz wrote:
dunkang wrote:
Wendz wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
Toxicity wrote:

I stated a fact. At least I am honest enough to admit that these things do happen. I don't have to defend or bury the wrong just because I am a lady and it's committed by my fellow fair member, now do I?

In keeping with the spirit of fairness, let me also add that more than a few 'wifeys' suffer for lack of choice because they live in hubby's houses. So may be 'cocky' is just whoever holds the upper hand, not necessarily women.
Disclaimer paraphrased: All women and men are not the same.
Othelo
#446 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 11:23:15 AM

http://www.businessdaily.../-/952pqsz/-/index.html
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
MaichBlack
#447 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 11:38:22 AM

Othelo wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/UBA-Bank-puts-6-Kileleshwa-plots-up-for-sale/-/539550/2617248/-/952pqsz/-/index.html >

Habari ndiyo hiyo. You end up far much worse than you were when you started.

Same thing is happening to the Matiba family!!!

If wealthy (not rich but wealthy) individuals and institutions can be screwed over like this, who do you think you are?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Lolest!
#448 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 12:01:08 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/UBA-Bank-puts-6-Kileleshwa-plots-up-for-sale/-/539550/2617248/-/952pqsz/-/index.html >

If wealthy (not rich but wealthy) individuals and institutions can be screwed over like this, who do you think you are?

Link is about normal loans for projects, not mortgages. Or are you now against bank financing?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
MaichBlack
#449 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 12:06:05 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Toxicity wrote:

No man should live in his wife's house if he has an option!!!

This might sound sexist but the truth is not always pretty! No need to sugar coat.

Normal statements like "Why are you getting into MY HOUSE with dusty shoes?" will take a totally new meaning when the house is actually hers. Some wives always ask such kind of questions even when YOU own the house or pay the rent and as a result you don't dissect the question. But when the house is hers the weight of such questions would go through the roof! Even if she didn't mean much by the statement.

And then there are those who will want to run the show now that they own the house. I was having a conversation who was explaining how they built their house and she was structuring the sentences to leave no doubt that she is the one who bought the plot, took a loan to build and is the one who services the loan! All those details were not adding any value to the conversation but she had to put them in there! I felt sorry for the hubby! Ni kama kutolewa nguo kwa soko!!!

Another fellow built a dream house on his wife's plot. Believe it or not, the fellow was recently thrown out. A man with fully grown children thrown out of his house just because the name on the plot's title deed is his wife's. The wife has proof of ownership of the plot. The husband has no proof he is the one who financed the building of the house 100%!!! And given that they build the house long time ago, the cost of the plot must have been negligible compared to the cost of construction. The hubby could have easily bought another plot in the same neighbourhood and put up a house in his OWN plot.

Love blinds people. It is romantic to be in a relationship 110% without any boundaries whatsover but when the sh!t hits the fan, you will be in deep trouble. Look at Moi's son, look at Gichuru (Formerly of Kenya Power), Muthama, Alfie Mutua etc. etc. The problem is the hat we the ha think this crap can only happen to OTHER people. Jipange!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#450 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 12:13:48 PM

Lolest! wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

Link is about normal loans for projects, not mortgages. Or are you now against bank financing?

No. Not at all. I am not even against mortgages per se. I have a problem with the level of INTEREST RATES vis a vis other opportunities I would put my money in. The question has always been "Is it worth it? Would I be better of if I deployed my money elsewhere?"

I could for example take a 6% mortgage if one was availed to me. But 14% I wouldn't touch!!!
MaichBlack
#451 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 12:17:57 PM

And one more thing @Lolest, I want you guys to keep taking loans! I am heavily invested in the Financial sector including Housing Finance. If you guys stop taking loans you will negatively affect my financial wellbeing!

Chukueni loans kabisa. Every time you do, I get paid!!!
MaichBlack
#452 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:39:20 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
Toxicity wrote:

No man should live in his wife's house if he has an option!!!

This might sound sexist but the truth is not always pretty! No need to sugar coat.

Normal statements like "Why are you getting into MY HOUSE with dusty shoes?" will take a totally new meaning when the house is actually hers. Some wives always ask such kind of questions even when YOU own the house or pay the rent and as a result you don't dissect the question. But when the house is hers the weight of such questions would go through the roof! Even if she didn't mean much by the statement.

And then there are those who will want to run the show now that they own the house. I was having a conversation who was explaining how they built their house and she was structuring the sentences to leave no doubt that she is the one who bought the plot, took a loan to build and is the one who services the loan! All those details were not adding any value to the conversation but she had to put them in there! I felt sorry for the hubby! Ni kama kutolewa nguo kwa soko!!!

Another fellow built a dream house on his wife's plot. Believe it or not, the fellow was recently thrown out. A man with fully grown children thrown out of his house just because the name on the plot's title deed is his wife's. The wife has proof of ownership of the plot. The husband has no proof he is the one who financed the building of the house 100%!!! And given that they build the house long time ago, the cost of the plot must have been negligible compared to the cost of construction. The hubby could have easily bought another plot in the same neighbourhood and put up a house in his OWN plot.

Love blinds people. It is romantic to be in a relationship 110% without any boundaries whatsover but when the sh!t hits the fan, you will be in deep trouble. Look at Moi's son, look at Gichuru (Formerly of Kenya Power), Muthama, Alfie Mutua etc. etc. The problem is the hat we the ha think this crap can only happen to OTHER people. Jipange!!!

Visit this link:

Evicted spouse gets nod to return home
knight260
#453 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:26:31 PM

Tuko Oprah? Lol
Lolest!
#454 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:32:48 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

No. Not at all. I am not even against mortgages per se. I have a problem with the level of INTEREST RATES vis a vis other opportunities I would put my money in. The question has always been "Is it worth it? Would I be better of if I deployed my money elsewhere?"

I could for example take a 6% mortgage if one was availed to me. But 14% I wouldn't touch!!!

So if you had that prime plot of land viable for commercial development you wont develop it until you find a venture capitalist/partner? A lot of the big moneyed guys have been financed by banks. Mzee Karume told us he bought all his land parcels from loans

Anyway, my point was the link provided is not about mortgages. We also do not know the full story
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
sqft
#455 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:56:55 PM

http://www.businessdaily...4/-/5atyuhz/-/index.html
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
MaichBlack
#456 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:01:01 PM

Link: Home Ownership
kiterunner
#457 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 10:31:02 AM

great thread, i spent hour here and I feel enlightened
our goals are best achieved indirectly
kiwaru
#458 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 11:45:14 AM

Barclays have an offer running for mortgages at 10.9% in today's papers. I suppose the impact of KBRR is starting to be felt.
The flip side is the impact this will have on
1. the banking sector... ?? reduced profitability -> but what proportion of profits comes from loans/mortgage business
2. socio-economics (general population)... more people able to acquire "own" houses hence stability, economic optimism
3. real estate sector... (?more) developers accessing cheaper loans hence'flooding'the market with 'çheaper' units (demand-supply curve)
Jodaco
#459 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 1:11:10 PM

[quote=kiwaru]Barclays have an offer running for mortgages at 10.9% in today's papers. I suppose the impact of KBRR is starting to be felt.
1. the banking sector... ?? reduced profitability -> but what proportion of profits comes from loans/mortgage business
2. socio-economics (general population)... more people able to acquire "own" houses hence stability, economic optimism
3. real estate sector... (?more) developers accessing cheaper loans hence'flooding'the market with 'çheaper' units (demand-supply curve)[/quote

Is this the best mortgage rate currently available in the market? If it is, then it's a game changer for Barclays.
kiwaru
#460 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 6:02:51 PM

Jodaco wrote:
[quote=kiwaru]Barclays have an offer running for mortgages at 10.9% in today's papers. I suppose the impact of KBRR is starting to be felt.
3. real estate sector... (?more) developers accessing cheaper loans hence'flooding'the market with 'çheaper' units (demand-supply curve)[/quote

Is this the best mortgage rate currently available in the market? If it is, then it's a game changer for Barclays.

I think it is, though its a limited time offer. Why do you think its a game changer?