wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

45 Pages«<2021222324>»
Is Taking a Mortgage the WORST Decision Ever??
Am
#421 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 1:11:51 PM

obiero wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
obiero wrote:
dunkang wrote:
kamaug wrote:
Mortgage isn't working for me...

I feel that the bank is taking a hard line especially since the split of interest and principle is 93%!! which means if my instalment is 100k 93k is interest only 7k is principle.

My Business has hit some headwinds but the bank isn’t having any of that.

Any valuable advice would be welcome.
Brick wall

JUST SELL IT!!!

Woke up at 5.35am today js thinkin of my home debt. I dont like to call it mortgage since I found out that the word means 'death grip' in latin

@obiero why loose sleep over small matters (judging from post #108 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 7:39:26 PM RINK

obiero wrote:

I bet all my shares in BoK, COOP, KQ, land in Kitengela, Kakamega, Kisii, house, hotel and two cars; that KCB will not report a profit higher than 7%up from the KES 8.5B of H1 2012..

Haha. Pesanane wewe ni mtu hatari.. I wrote that ages ago.. Anyways, it is common knowledge to most that I am not a poor man, far from it..

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
@Obiero. You are my hero
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
Kalameni
#422 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 3:30:32 AM

civil servants in kenya to get mortgage of between 4m to 40m and car loan of 600k to 10m at a mere 3% depending on your job group level.Civil servants must be smiling.But is this scheme sustainable?
dunkang
#423 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 9:29:14 AM

Kalameni wrote:
civil servants in kenya to get mortgage of between 4m to 40m and car loan of 600k to 10m at a mere 3% depending on your job group level.Civil servants must be smiling.But is this scheme sustainable?

DAMN. This deserves its own thread
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

Gordon Gekko
#424 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 10:36:21 AM

As far as I'm aware, this scheme has always been there, only that civil servants are so lowly paid they can't take advantage of it.
Kileleshwa Civil Servants Flats were sold under this scheme.
Kalameni
#425 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 5:00:04 PM

But is one really able to meet monthly repayment schedule if he/she takes a mortgage of kes 4m and car loan of 600k at job group j.
Manju
#426 Posted : Thursday, January 08, 2015 6:48:09 PM

Great advice and discussion.
obiero
#427 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:04:43 PM

dunkang wrote:
Kalameni wrote:

DAMN. This deserves its own thread

Hii inaitwa hadithi za abunwasi

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Wendz
#428 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:23:25 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Take the simple scenario currently playing at Coop. Two employees earning same salary, one with loans and the other without. Who is the biggest beneficary if both are retreched?

Ofcourse. The one without is far better off. Debt is from the devil

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Applause Debt is from Devil,Loans from Lucifer. Gains from God,Returns from Rabii. i don't know where Tax came from especially CGT ....

Caesar! Give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar.

Given the two scenarios above, I'd say the one with loan IF HE IS WISE!

Supposing the loan is a mortgage, he can sell off the house, pay off his mortgage and will be left with something.... as opposed to the one without a loan, who has nothing.

Even better is, there is a 40% rebate. If the 'handshake' is sufficient enough to repay the 60%, the fellow has a house at much reduced costs!

Bwana Mukiri, stick to the topic and compare like terms. The topic is on MORTGAGE and not LOANS. The difference is as clear as day and night.
Act
#429 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:02:56 PM

I think mortgage is ok if you have plans to repay within a short period than set in the conditions if there is no penalty charged e.g. from 20yrs to around 10yrs. That way you pay less interest and caution yourself against unforeseen risks (e.g. increase in interest rates).

I think also it depends on individual. I don't think you can convince a young man to stop partying and pay mortgage.
Aguytrying
#430 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:39:42 PM

"mortgage" means a contract till death. y? you will pay for your entire working career. that in itself is scary.

maich black put it in black and white at the beginning.from there, one can choose what you want to live with
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Jump-steady
#431 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:49:57 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
"mortgage" means a contract till death. y? you will pay for your entire working career. that in itself is scary.

maich black put it in black and white at the beginning.from they, choose what you want to live with

Laughing out loudly

But your children can take over from where you left. Were you not toiling for them? smile
Toxicity
#432 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:15:24 AM

Talking of mortgages wifey works in a bank and there is talk of her taking the mortgage as I help finance 6% rate..I am of opinion she takes a normal loan and buy land plus my savings and construct..Opinions?
update president set president = speaker where president is null
Impunity
#433 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:53:07 AM

Toxicity wrote:
Talking of mortgages wifey works in a bank and there is talk of her taking the mortgage as I help finance 6% rate..I am of opinion she takes a normal loan and buy land plus my savings and construct..Opinions?

Normal loan wanapewa at what rate?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

quicksand
#434 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:26:20 PM

Toxicity wrote:

Is the mortgage is tied to the condition that it has to be a finished house? If not, take the hybrid route, buy some land with a loan/savings, then get a mortgage to do the construction, unless the loan and mortgage interest rates are similar, and for bank employees they usually are, in which case I would say you are right.
Finished houses are a racket. A vehicle for supernormal profits for developers, a debt-monkey on the back of the buyer for 20 years. The remoteness and dust is a lesser evil, and you are free to try something new in 5 or 6 years after you are debt free and have a house of last resort already complete.
My 2 cents.
sparkly
#435 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:37:13 PM

Toxicity wrote:

I would take a mortgage at 6% any day.
Life is short. Live passionately.
smallfama
#436 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 1:02:17 PM

sparkly wrote:
Toxicity wrote:

I would take a mortgage at 6% any day.

I think there is an option of taking a construction loan if you have your own plot which is then converted to a home loan when the house is complete and valued. This is way lower than buying an already finished house. You can then accelerate the mortgage payments and you will be home free sooner.
Gordon Gekko
#437 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 3:06:25 PM

Toxicity wrote:

Are you ready to live in wifey's house? The married among us know the import of this question.
Wendz
#438 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 4:21:57 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Toxicity wrote:

Are you ready to live in wifey's house? The married among us know the import of this question.

mmmmh. Happened to a neighbor..... wifey became so cocky to an extent of bringing another dude to HER house!

Disclaimer: All women are not the same.
dunkang
#439 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:18:23 PM

Wendz wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
Toxicity wrote:

mmmmh. Happened to a neighbor..... wifey became so cocky to an extent of bringing another dude to HER house!

Disclaimer: All women are not the same.

And @Wendz is supposed to be a lady????
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

shrewdinvestor
#440 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:05:44 PM

Now you guys are deviating from the real issue.Can we be objective and help Toxicity out?