wazua Thu, May 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

25 Pages«<1112131415>»
NSE IPO
bartum
#241 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:03:14 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
I didn't get in! Changed my mind a number of times!! Initially I was to get in. After doing some homework, I decided not to get in. More homework and I decided maybe I should. A couple of assignments and a term paper later I decided not to get in. As late as Friday morning, I had decided to put quite a good amount into this share then I changed my mind during the day.

However this turns out, I will be a keen observer. I will want to see how much I would have lost or made coz as I said I was to get in big time! I will not make or lose any money now but it will help me analyze how good my homework, assignments and term paper were!

you made my evening
Aguytrying
#242 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:36:47 PM

sparkly wrote:
Wait for the refunds, and a mad rally after the listing! This one will hit 40 bob within days of listing!

Bookmark this post.

its interesting how our views converge at the crucible of share knowledge at times. this is the perfect time for an ipo before happy times are over.

The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
MKWASI
#243 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 8:26:11 AM

About 4 Billion is sitting in broker's accounts/NSE as refunds. This is a serious issue given the opportunity costs of such funds.

Why can't we explore ways of committing funds but not necessarily channeling funds to the institutions.

Once the criteria of allocation is done, I suppose they should wire the refunds immediately.

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#244 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 9:32:24 AM

MKWASI wrote:
About 4 Billion is sitting in broker's accounts/NSE as refunds. This is a serious issue given the opportunity costs of such funds.

Why can't we explore ways of committing funds but not necessarily channeling funds to the institutions.

Once the criteria of allocation is done, I suppose they should wire the refunds immediately.

The reason why you have a rally!
Wait until the refunds check in.Smart money will sell to dumb money!
@SufficientlyP
VituVingiSana
#245 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 9:41:47 AM

sparkly wrote:
Wait for the refunds, and a mad rally after the listing! This one will hit 40 bob within days of listing!

Bookmark this post.
Wonderful. Can I sell you mine today for 35? I will sign an affidavit or Sale Agreement that the proceeds are all yours. Heck! I will even pay your Sale Commission [2%] for you as long as you sell within 1 year. You will make 5/- nett within days.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mwekez@ji
#246 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 9:47:32 AM

MKWASI wrote:

It happens. In DTB rights issue, i know a chap who bought 200 shares before books closure and then applied for rights worth Kes. 1B via an Irrevocable Bank Guarantee. On allocation, he only paid Kes. 58.3M (which is what was allocated to him following the overscription)
patrazi
#247 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 2:19:24 PM

Crediting of CDS accounts and refunds is today by 5pm. Anyone who has so far received any?
Aguytrying
#248 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 3:27:19 PM

patrazi wrote:
Crediting of CDS accounts and refunds is today by 5pm. Anyone who has so far received any?

refunds today?? I thought it takes time??
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mnandii
#249 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 3:33:29 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
patrazi wrote:

I'll watch this NSE stock keenly. The biggest oversubscription in market history and near a market top! Interesting stuff! smile
Pray
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
BGL
#250 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 3:40:28 PM

I BGL inc has received my refund via EFT an hour ago. Ofcourse the receiving bank was coop bank so i guess the promptness.

Upload of what i have been allocated to me not yet credited.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
hisah
#251 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 3:46:31 PM

mnandii wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
patrazi wrote:

I'll watch this NSE stock keenly. The biggest oversubscription in market history and near a market top! Interesting stuff! smile
Pray

As well as the Alibaba IPO - biggest in global fin history as US markets melt up at all time highs... Fibonacci waves, elliot waves as well as vol spread all point to a nasty bull trap.

Market makers don't participate at all time highs.

The coming slaughter, I dread... Anxious Pray
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
patrazi
#252 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 8:10:44 PM

BGL wrote:
I BGL inc has received my refund via EFT an hour ago. Ofcourse the receiving bank was coop bank so i guess the promptness.

I know this time refunds will be faster. When we were applying, adequate information was picked to facilitate the refunds. Yangu Equity bado but I'm almost sure tommorrow pap.
Aguytrying
#253 Posted : Friday, September 05, 2014 5:57:06 AM

it's good if refunds are quick, we'll need help pushing this thing to unimaginable levels
hisah
#254 Posted : Friday, September 05, 2014 10:00:37 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
it's good if refunds are quick, we'll need help pushing this thing to unimaginable levels

Swift refunds for wanjikus to fight it out as the price melts up. Classic bull trap as that refund money will be made to chase the price.

Recent example facebook IPO listing behaviour the first 2 mths.

It's a seller market...

$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
maka
#255 Posted : Friday, September 05, 2014 10:14:06 AM

patrazi wrote:
BGL wrote:

I know this time refunds will be faster. When we were applying, adequate information was picked to facilitate the refunds. Yangu Equity bado but I'm almost sure tommorrow pap.

Equity...mmmh make sure you let us know when you got it.
possunt quia posse videntur
Aguytrying
#256 Posted : Friday, September 05, 2014 11:09:54 AM

hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Swift refunds for wanjikus to fight it out as the price melts up. Classic bull trap as that refund money will be made to chase the price.

It's a seller market...

for some reason I can't resist the allure of a smash and grab on this one, with one finger on the sell button.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#257 Posted : Friday, September 05, 2014 11:21:40 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

It's a seller market...

for some reason I can't resist the allure of a smash and grab on this one, with one finger on the sell button.

Pray the bull sustains from the day you purchase to the day they become balance free.
Quite a gamble,i'd say particularly if you buy it north of 20.Our major undoing at the NSE is the share illiquidity(T+4)
@SufficientlyP
Aguytrying
#258 Posted : Friday, September 05, 2014 11:40:12 AM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

It's a seller market...

Pray the bull sustains from the day you purchase to the day they become balance free.
Quite a gamble,i'd say particularly if you buy it north of 20.Our major undoing at the NSE is the share illiquidity(T+4)

the maximum I can buy is 12. higher than that I watch from sidelines
mwekez@ji
#259 Posted : Friday, September 05, 2014 12:48:10 PM

KCB Capital has been admitted as a Trading Participant at the Nairobi Securities Exchange.

Our view: This augurs well for the NSE and investors in the stock as the fee will reflect in the second half likely to uplift the Exchange's income. The addition of another player in the brokerage industry also indicates a growing market and confidence that players have in the opportunities in this line of business as Kenya seeks to graduate into an Emerging market in coming years. (Old Mutual, 05.09.2014)
Sober
#260 Posted : Friday, September 05, 2014 1:24:13 PM

I have received the news of the number of share I've been allocated and I feel ashamed to say I partook in the IPO. Anyway I am waiting a confirmation from my bank so I can 'receive' my refunds and decide where to put it.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'