Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

25 Pages«<910111213>»
NSE IPO
maka
#201 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:18:22 AM

Kihara joni wrote:
maka wrote:
Kihara joni wrote:
I see positive reviews here and there of up to 30 bob after trading starts and might then go further up or take a dive, I'll just wait and see

30 bob?Too ambitious,those days are well in the past...

the logic is that guys will try to buy soon after trading starts, this will rally it to around those figures, after that it will settle and can go either way, but up is more likely than down.

Haya let's wait and see...
possunt quia posse videntur
MaichBlack
#202 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:03:57 AM

I didn't get in! Changed my mind a number of times!! Initially I was to get in. After doing some homework, I decided not to get in. More homework and I decided maybe I should. A couple of assignments and a term paper later I decided not to get in. As late as Friday morning, I had decided to put quite a good amount into this share then I changed my mind during the day.

However this turns out, I will be a keen observer. I will want to see how much I would have lost or made coz as I said I was to get in big time! I will not make or lose any money now but it will help me analyze how good my homework, assignments and term paper were!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
sparkly
#203 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:58:37 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
I didn't get in! Changed my mind a number of times!! Initially I was to get in. After doing some homework, I decided not to get in. More homework and I decided maybe I should. A couple of assignments and a term paper later I decided not to get in. As late as Friday morning, I had decided to put quite a good amount into this share then I changed my mind during the day.

However this turns out, I will be a keen observer. I will want to see how much I would have lost or made coz as I said I was to get in big time! I will not make or lose any money now but it will help me analyze how good my homework, assignments and term paper were!

Not much to lose, i guess, because of over-subscription - When i handed in my application on Tuesday 5pm (last minute in typical Kenyan fashion)I was told that that particular Agency of SBG had already processed applications for 3M shares! Bear in mind other Agencies, brokers, IBs, Dealers etc.
Life is short. Live passionately.
MaichBlack
#204 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:14:39 PM

sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Not much to lose, i guess, because of over-subscription - When i handed in my application on Tuesday 5pm (last minute in typical Kenyan fashion)I was told that that particular Agency of SBG had already processed applications for 3M shares! Bear in mind other Agencies, brokers, IBs, Dealers etc.

I was to factor in the over subscription! I was planning to apply for double what I actually needed - allowing for 100% over subscription.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
guru267
#205 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 10:20:49 PM

sparkly wrote:

Liar Liar

@sparkly the applications had to be submitted by the brokers by 4 on Tuesday!

Wacha stories mingi...
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
sparkly
#206 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:45:18 PM

guru267 wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Liar Liar

Wacha stories mingi...

I know people.
Gordon Gekko
#207 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 9:52:47 AM

sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Liar Liar

Wacha stories mingi...

I know people.

I was not able to put in my bid by the closing date/time. Since you know people, can I give it to you now?
Mart_Consult
#208 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 10:26:04 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Liar Liar

Wacha stories mingi...

I know people.

I was not able to put in my bid by the closing date/time. Since you know people, can I give it to you now?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Shame on you Laughing out loudly Applause
I went into the (Ferry) industry knowing the same thing I knew with all other businesses I went into- Nothing. Then I built it from there. - Sheldon Adelson (Titans at the Table- Giants of Macau)
sparkly
#209 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 3:19:12 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Liar Liar

Wacha stories mingi...

I know people.

Yeah send the form and money, I see what I can do. smile
littledove
#210 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 3:24:45 PM

sparkly wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Liar Liar

Wacha stories mingi...

I know people.

Yeah send the form and money, I see what I can do. smile

smile
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#211 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 11:33:01 PM

guru267 wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Liar Liar

Wacha stories mingi...
The broker one should have is like @sparkly has!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
theking
#212 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:27:00 AM

guru267 wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Liar Liar

Wacha stories mingi...

i'm shocked that even wazuan elders do not know people!! The IPO forms usually stay at the brokers offices even 3 days later for sorting purposes. all you need to do is have the forms stamped received on the deadline date n voila!!
Sober
#213 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:54:21 AM

My broker does the manual registration for the IPO, the name CDS number and the number of shares applied for. all that should be confirmed is that your name was in that book by the last day, which to me means the day they decide to hand them over.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Angelica _ann
#214 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:58:34 AM

theking wrote:
guru267 wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Liar Liar

Wacha stories mingi...

i'm shocked that even wazuan elders do not know people!! The IPO forms usually stay at the brokers offices even 3 days later for sorting purposes. all you need to do is have the forms stamped received on the deadline date n voila!!

This is very normal.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Kihara joni
#215 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 9:27:53 PM

#216 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:39:53 AM

Looks like we might still be able to board this bus at a bargain when it opens.smile

BBI will solve it
:)
Sober
#217 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 11:19:20 AM

This week we will know if those of us who bought into this IPO burnt their fingers or it will be regret time for those who shy ed away from indulging. I pray that the oversubscription is not soo much. any Wazuan with insider information?
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
The optimist
#218 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 2:51:27 PM

Sober wrote:
This week we will know if those of us who bought into this IPO burnt their fingers or it will be regret time for those who shy ed away from indulging. I pray that the oversubscription is not soo much. any Wazuan with insider information?
Wednesday this week and Tuesday next week will determine their fate
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#219 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 3:02:19 PM

Current NSE bulls will offer support either way!
@SufficientlyP
Gadaffi
#220 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 7:11:05 AM

The optimist wrote:
Silently got myself some shares...Now waiting to be slaughtered like a Pig or to dine like a King.

@Optimist, stay optimistic, u aint gettin slaughtered, trust me...