Gathige
#21 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 6:00:23 PM

dunkang wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
washiku wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
For those who shortlist, this is not unusual

Explain

If you advertise a job, for every 10 applications you get 6 are from you know where. You will find guys earning very good salaries but keep applying while some guys i know are in bad jobs but just complain about it while doing nothing to move/upgrade.

Therefore it also goes that the quality of application received in terms of qualifications is skewed towards the 6.

That is the reality of Kenya. As others make noise, others take action.

Madam i like the way you view issues with an open mind, not like that ka-guy who is always loged in just to complain and call others names.

Until all facts are laid on the table, hii ingine ni kelele tu! Who knows, maybe the other 7 applicants were from Ichaweri, Gatundu South. Or were fresh fresh graduates applying a CEO's job.

By the way, am not trying to vindicate anyone.

I thought that was the work of the "Independent Panel" which they did and came up with the shortlist. I normally see in many adverts the caveat " Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted"
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Gordon Gekko
#22 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 6:05:13 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Might they have been mwanaume nguvu Services Ltd?
dunkang
#23 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 6:14:01 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Might they have been mwanaume nguvu Services Ltd?

Who owns ManPower Services?Laughing out loudly
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

McReggae
#24 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 7:19:10 PM

ISORAIT.....
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
ZZE123
#25 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 7:26:44 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
washiku wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Explain

If you advertise a job, for every 10 applications you get 6 are from you know where. You will find guys earning very good salaries but keep applying while some guys i know are in bad jobs but just complain about it while doing nothing to move/upgrade.

Therefore it also goes that the quality of application received in terms of qualifications is skewed towards the 6.

Unfortunately @Angelica is right!!!
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
innairobi
#26 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 8:43:06 PM

This is correct. If I can be more blunt, for office jobs advertised in Nairobi, it is not unusual to find 80-90% of applicants are either Luo, Kamba or Gema. It is a result of disparities that will probably take several years or perhaps even decades to dissipate. And it creates a never ending cycle of privilege for these communities. (good jobs -> good education for kids -> kids get good jobs -> rinse and repeat).

Hopefully, we will see more balanced applications as we go along thanks to devolution.

Still, I would expect government to be more responsible and proactive than the private sector. We have a history of ethnic exclusion that govt must explore ways of running away from. An appearance that shortlisted persons are almost exclusively from one region creates needless resentment and a negative perception across the 'excluded' populations. I do not think it is impossible to find qualified candidates for this position from a diverse spectrum of Kenyans.

Angelica _ann wrote:
washiku wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Explain

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
harrydre
#27 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 9:59:43 PM

McReggae wrote:
Somebody give me the names of the shortlisted candidates, I had applied for the job.

Now you see what Kalooser has caused? Maybe there was a KaMcReggae or kilonzo in the mix who were immediately dropped after kalooser's statements. For every action....
i.am.back!!!!
Gordon Gekko
#28 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:04:28 PM

Wangusi hajatosha ama he didn't apply?
maka
#29 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:25:34 PM

Life goes on....
possunt quia posse videntur
KulaRaha
#30 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:36:12 PM

harrydre wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Somebody give me the names of the shortlisted candidates, I had applied for the job.

Now you see what Kalooser has caused? Maybe there was a KaMcReggae or kilonzo in the mix who were immediately dropped after kalooser's statements. For every action....

Height of lack of brains.

Nuff said. Justifying crap with crap.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
dunkang
#31 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:37:48 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Wangusi hajatosha ama he didn't apply?

Do you know the post that was advertised?

harrydre
#32 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 2:52:02 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
harrydre wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Height of lack of brains.

Nuff said. Justifying crap with crap.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Yawa! That was with a light touch. Relax!
i.am.back!!!!
nakujua
#33 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:35:18 PM

it doesn't matter if all the applicants were from the same tribe, the government should make sure they have some tribal affirmative action - even if it means forcing individuals into positions they are not interested in.

This jubilee government is so incompetent even when it comes to small things like hiring, I demand they move the interviewing panels away from the government and give it to an independent body like the parliament. nkt

I am very angry with the government - grrrrrr!!!
washiku
#34 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:42:03 PM

nakujua wrote:
it doesn't matter if all the applicants were from the same tribe, the government should make sure they have some tribal affirmative action - even if it means forcing individuals into positions they are not interested in.

This jubilee government is so incompetent even when it comes to small things like hiring, I demand they move the interviewing panels away from the government and give it to an independent body like the parliament. nkt

He he he Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
mawinder
#35 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:50:52 AM

nakujua wrote:

They even left out Kalenjins.KK alliance will not hold and the explanation is wanting.Kalonzo's views are justified.
http://www.businessdaily...8/-/4xt4a2z/-/index.html
dunkang
#36 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 8:49:31 AM

FACTS:

Only 11 persons applied for the position. 10 of the applicants came from the same ethnic tribe. The applicants were the following;

- Edith Njeru
- Daniel Kibera
- Harun Kiraithe
- Lati Macharia
- Mohamed Abdullahi
- Rebecca Wangui
- Joseph Macharia Kamau
- Joseph Kagau
- John Kariuki
- Nerbet Muriuki and
- Ben Ngene Gituku

The selection panel comprises members from (as required by the Kenya Information Communication Amendment (KICA) Act 2013);

- the Media Council,
- Kenya Private Sector Alliance (Kepsa),
- Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK),
- Kenya National Union of Teachers (Knut),
- The Consumer Federation of Kenya (CofeK),
- The Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) and
- Ministry in-charge of ICT

Where are the rumour mongers, prophets of doom and HATE MESSENGERS?

harrydre
#37 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:51:06 AM

Looks like makerege dropped his application in the dustbin.

i.am.back!!!!
freiks
#38 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:55:01 AM

3 guys from Embu county, one has gone to the best 3
Life is an endless adventure
Angelica _ann
#39 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:18:23 AM

Advertise >>>>> receive apllications >>>>> shortlist >>>>> interview >>>>> recommend >>> appoint!

Will you force people to aply yawa. Let us be serious for once!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
MKWASI
#40 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:59:57 AM

Let us not shout out on a roof top.

Did they advertise?? was it in a national newspaper? if yes. People should not cry foul. It suprises me when one does not apply and he/she is crying loudly that he /she was not shortlisted.

Furthermore, the policy guidelines in Govt is clear, you evaluate the tribal composition on the basis of the whole organisation not one position.

I must state the organisation's employees must reflect the face of Kenya.

Someone provide us with the shortlisting of county jobs...