7 Pages«<4567>
UFO - Do you believe?
its2013
#101 Posted : Thursday, November 06, 2014 7:54:58 PM

mkenyan wrote:
its2013 wrote:
Mtu Biz wrote:
its2013 wrote:
I started out expecting it to be just another odd story but, this book (The Thiaoouba Prophecy) is quite something. I'd recommend to anyone who keeps an open mind and appreciates reading. I know I said I'd read it only once but now I think I'd like to read it again when I get a free weekend or something.

Your change of tone is quite dramatic. smile Laughing out loudly

That's because I enjoyed it when I didn't expect to smile. It's got very vivid descriptions and the narration is good. But I still don't think it is factual and even when you search the internet for some more information regarding his allegations from other sources - such as gigantism in the parrot fish of the pacific ocean - you don't find it matching his.

it is clearly a work of fiction. and to exonerate himself he dumbs it down. read a few pages and the following came out. they say roaches can survive a nuclear blast so if writing about a civilisation devastated by the nuclear blast why not mention big roach survivors. and yeah such a planet ought to to have familiar land masses. a space craft that can travel faster than light. so as not to get tied up with scientific facts, claim that the knowledge of how fast was denied to him. parallel universe where you don't eat, time does not move, cant feel pain but can die etc. a great alien race which could not communicate with neanderthals and or reason with them so had to kill them yet was able to telepathically communicate with their females or something.

You point it out so well. There were very many points where I rolled my eyes and just wanted to stop reading in the first half till I realised he had a moral he was trying to teach through the story.
Pretty hurts
AlphDoti
#102 Posted : Friday, November 07, 2014 9:37:16 AM

alma wrote:
The Thiaoouba Prophecy is a must read for students of the belief that life cannot be all about man.

There is a book, whose name I can never seem to remember. Michel's book is earily similar. It's a book I doubt the likes of Mukiri and Alphdoti would pass page 4.

@alma you underestimate people smile

But you are right, at my age, I don't have the "patience" anymore, but back in the days, at your age, I read stuff my friend!

Talk of Cosmos & other Science, Interviews, Enterprenuership, then to Business & Economics Books, then to Languages, then Marketing stuff, then Agriculture and mechanics stuff, then History, then Religion...

Back in University and about 5 to 10 years after University, I used to 'drink' these books. Those days when I used to sleep until 11am on weekends! For example, I used to read a novel in days, the 200 page in one day... and the thick Robert Ludlum kind in a week. But you know what? I stopped Novels completely, now I can't go through page 1! I never read motivational stuff because I stumbled into one crazy book called "Shut Up and Stop Whining..", which changed my view on motivational stuff!

Nowadays I don't have time. I just do Reference stuff, Biography, documentaries...

All old stuff now locked in book shelf covered in dust now. What I keep in my glass book shelf are current interesting stuff, like Quran, Hadith, Bible, some Business books, Financial book, some Farming reference, some scholars books, Encyclopaedia, Dictionaries of different languages, a couple of religious material, etc
symbols
#103 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 12:39:02 AM

'It was us': CIA 'fesses up on UFO sightings in 1950-60s

Quote:

This week, the CIA took to social media to claim responsibility for at least half of UFO sightings in the 1950s and 60s.

sparkly
#104 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 5:57:53 AM

symbols wrote:

Quote:

This week, the CIA took to social media to claim responsibility for at least half of UFO sightings in the 1950s and 60s.

What about the other 50%?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Swenani
#105 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 11:06:35 AM

symbols wrote:

Quote:

will the world ever catch up with US in space exploration? If in late 50s and early 60s they could develop the U-2sto fly at an altitude of 74000 feet when the fighter jets could only manage 40,000 feet what about now?

Quote:
High-altitude testing of the U-2 soon led to an unexpected side effect -- a tremendous increase in reports of unidentified flying objects. In the mid-1950s, most commercial airliners flew at altitudes between 10,000 and 20,000 feet, and military aircraft, like the B-47s and B-57s, operated at altitudes below 40,000 feet. Consequently, once U-2s started flying at altitudes above 60,000 feet, air-traffic controllers began receiving increasing numbers of UFO reports.
"At this time, no one believed manned flight was possible above 60,000 feet, so no one expected to see an object so high in the sky.
"U-2 and later OXCART flights accounted for more than one-half of all UFO reports during the late 1950s and most of the 1960s.

The US might be responsible for the mysterious disappearance of MH170
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Mtu Biz
#106 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:07:08 PM

Meanwhile in muranga.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/bejZZByW0UY[/YOUTUBE]
Sola Scriptura

murchr
#107 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:04:09 PM

Mtu Biz wrote:
Meanwhile in muranga.

Nice
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kayhara
#108 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:17:04 AM

murchr wrote:
Mtu Biz wrote:
Meanwhile in muranga.

Nice

Naah, not real, nothing to show the location VIDEOSHOPPED
To Each His Own
Ash Ock
#109 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:58:51 AM

kayhara wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mtu Biz wrote:
Meanwhile in muranga.

Nice

Naah, not real, nothing to show the location VIDEOSHOPPED

Downloading this Android app helped a lot: FxGuru: Movie FX Director
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
Mtu Biz
#110 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 6:57:21 PM

The audio.

'Umeicheki? Umeiona?, ndio hio inaenda.....'

That places the sighting in Kenya.

Sola Scriptura

harrydre
#111 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 3:00:37 AM

murchr
#112 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 5:43:46 AM

Nikola tesla

Few people know that in 1899, while working at his Colorado Springs laboratory, he announced that he had received extraterrestrial radio signals. The scientific community thought he was nuts, and in fact, cosmic radio signals didn’t even exist at the time. One an easily imagine how alone and misunderstood Tesla must have felt.

Nikola Tesla wrote:
I can never forget the first sensations I experienced when it dawned upon me that I had observed something possibly of incalculable consequences to mankind. I felt as though I were present at the birth of a new knowledge or the revelation of a great truth. Even now, at times, I can vividly recall the incident, and see my apparatus as though it were actually before me. My first observations positively terrified me, as there was present in them something mysterious, not to say supernatural, and I was alone in my laboratory at night; but at that time the idea of these disturbances being intelligently controlled signals did not yet present itself to me.

The changes I noted were taking place periodically, and with such a clear suggestion of number and order that they were not traceable to any cause then known to me. I was familiar, of course, with such electrical disturbances as are produced by the sun, Aurora Borealis and earth currents, and I was as sure as I could be of any fact that these variations were due to none of these causes.

The nature of my experiments precluded the possibility of the changes being produced by atmospheric disturbances, as has been rashly asserted by some. It was some time afterward when the thought flashed upon my mind that the disturbances I had observed might be due to an intelligent control. Although I could not decipher their meaning, it was impossible for me to think of them as having been entirely accidental. The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another. . . . I was not merely beholding a vision, but had caught sight of a great and profound truth.

Tesla believed that the signals he was picking up on were from Mars.

Quote:
Others may scoff at this suggestion…[of] communicat[ing] with one of our heavenly neighbors, as Mars…or treat it as a practical joke, but I have been in deep earnest about it every since I made my first observations in Colorado Springs… At the time, there existed no wireless plant other than mine that could produce a disturbance perceptible in a radius of more than a few miles.

Furthermore, the conditions under which I operated were ideal, and I was well trained for the work. The character of the disturbances recorded precluded the possibility of their being of terrestrial origin, and I also eliminated the influence of the sun, moon, and Venus. As I then announced, the signals consisted in a regular repetition of numbers, and subsequent study convinced me that they must have emanated from Mars, the planet having just then been close to the earth

Source: Talking with the planets

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
harrydre
#113 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 8:41:09 AM

Planets could be living beings in their own right!
i.am.back!!!!
murchr
#114 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 7:54:18 PM

murchr
#115 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 6:29:04 AM

Watch "Senators receive classified briefing on UFO sightings" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/2F_EF8kcEKw
T-Bag
#116 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 1:03:59 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBqKJHSrYZg
Ariel school in zimbabwe, UFO spotted in Africa too, children cant make this up
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
Yliett
#117 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 4:29:42 PM

We know that UFOs exist. This is no longer an issue. The issue is why are they here? Where are they coming from and what is the technology behind these devices that we are observing?
Sagamand863
#118 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:34:31 PM

My grandmother died when I was 5 years old. I clearly remember how we buried her. There was a terrible rain that day.
I woke up from the fact that a drop of water fell on me the next night. No one was there, I was alone in my room.
Every night I woke up because of the water on my face.
It lasted a week.
After I began to see my grandmother at night. She sat beside me and watered my forehead. I don’t know how to explain it, but I woke up and the whole pillow was wet, all my hair was wet.
For a whole year my grandmother came to me in a dream. She could tell me something about the next day, or that one of the relatives would die soon. She always told the truth.
When I turned 7 I stopped seeing her.

I don’t know if UFOs, ghosts and the like exist. But I'm sure that there is something that people have not yet studied. Therefore, I will not deny the fact of the existence of the supernatural.
murchr
#119 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 3:04:07 AM

Sagamand863 wrote:
My grandmother died when I was 5 years old. I clearly remember how we buried her. There was a terrible rain that day.
I woke up from the fact that a drop of water fell on me the next night. No one was there, I was alone in my room.
Every night I woke up because of the water on my face.
It lasted a week.
After I began to see my grandmother at night. She sat beside me and watered my forehead. I don’t know how to explain it, but I woke up and the whole pillow was wet, all my hair was wet.
For a whole year my grandmother came to me in a dream. She could tell me something about the next day, or that one of the relatives would die soon. She always told the truth.
When I turned 7 I stopped seeing her.

I don’t know if UFOs, ghosts and the like exist. But I'm sure that there is something that people have not yet studied. Therefore, I will not deny the fact of the existence of the supernatural.

Why do you think she stopped appearing?
murchr
#120 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 7:34:09 AM

"Look at that thing!"

Pentagon declassifies three previously leaked top secret U.S. Navy videos of "unexplained aerial phenomena"—and that some believe could show UFOs. https://abcn.ws/3cQ6KdC