Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
USIU vs STRATH MBA
maka
#81 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 12:41:51 AM

ZZE123 wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Papa Investor wrote:
Did my MBA in Strathmore and though initially was skeptical about the cost (>Shs 1m) for the 2 year course...think its one of the best decisions i ever made in mt life.

Really enjoyed the classes and learning experience plus classes were only on Thur, Fri and Sat which fitted with my hectic work schedule...

Strath MBA has a 1 week module in IESE Barcelona, (Top 10 Business school in the world) where the learning in that one week was enough to make one feel they are ready to be a CEO.

Would definately recommend...made a difference in how approach my work and personal investments so it was totally worth it. Broadened horizons!

ati one week was enough to make you feel ready to be a CEO
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I wonder what the students in barca feel ready to be after a full two year programme.

@nakujua - I did my MBA at Strathmore Business School and I can Guarantee you the one week module in IESE Barcelona is worth more than the over 1.3M cost of the MBA leave alone the networks you make with the classmates. I had recovered half of my fees from doing business with classmates by the end of the second year.

Why not study at the LSE or ICMA for that amount surely...
possunt quia posse videntur
ZZE123
#82 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:54:42 AM

maka wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Papa Investor wrote:
Did my MBA in Strathmore and though initially was skeptical about the cost (>Shs 1m) for the 2 year course...think its one of the best decisions i ever made in mt life.

Really enjoyed the classes and learning experience plus classes were only on Thur, Fri and Sat which fitted with my hectic work schedule...

Strath MBA has a 1 week module in IESE Barcelona, (Top 10 Business school in the world) where the learning in that one week was enough to make one feel they are ready to be a CEO.

Would definately recommend...made a difference in how approach my work and personal investments so it was totally worth it. Broadened horizons!

ati one week was enough to make you feel ready to be a CEO
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I wonder what the students in barca feel ready to be after a full two year programme.

@nakujua - I did my MBA at Strathmore Business School and I can Guarantee you the one week module in IESE Barcelona is worth more than the over 1.3M cost of the MBA leave alone the networks you make with the classmates. I had recovered half of my fees from doing business with classmates by the end of the second year.

Why not study at the LSE or ICMA for that amount surely...

1. Cost of accommodation when you study outside the country
2. My local job and investments need my attention
3. Have a young family
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
webish
#83 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 8:36:42 PM

@ZZE123 Is that Barcelona Week included as part of Fees? Or you pay separately when time comes?

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
ZZE123
#84 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 10:50:41 AM

webish wrote:
@ZZE123 Is that Barcelona Week included as part of Fees? Or you pay separately when time comes?

Yes it is included in the fees... Though not sure what the current total fees are. If interested i could give you a contact at SBS.
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
tuvok
#85 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:24:19 PM

Strathmore Exec MBA Fees are ~1.474M including the trip. Details -> http://www.sbs.ac.ke/sbs...ar-program-introduction
Compared - the Stanford MBA is ~ 140k USD ... (tuition only I believe)
Siringi
#86 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 12:46:26 PM

iko wengine half baked siyuo ni gani sasa...

Rink hapo :

Universities Churning Halfbaked MBAs
"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
webish
#87 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:55:29 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
webish wrote:

Yes it is included in the fees... Though not sure what the current total fees are. If interested i could give you a contact at SBS.

Thanks.

Anyone with the current (2013/2014) MBA Costs for

1. Strath ?
2. USIU ? (I am getting varied figures from current students).

Or point me to where the infor is on the website. And what time of Year they start (intakes)...

Still considering MBA, for personal challenge, if I can afford. Thanks..

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Ngogoyo
#88 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2017 1:47:58 PM

Interesting discussion, couldn't stop laughing at those stuck in 1996 when they did their undergrad at THE.

Things have surely changed since 2013. My questions are;

Do we have good/credible online MBAs in Kenya?

Why is the likes of JKUAT offering all their MBAs and most MSC in Nairobi campus and not main campus. Main campus would give credence to the program in addition to MBA or MSC students being able to benefit from facilities like fully equipped labs and library etc.