wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Give ur tv a new life
matchbox
#1 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 1:57:00 PM

‘I gave my TV a new life’ by installing GTV,but now am realizing this thing is all crap. Other than football (which we normally fight with my mama coz of soap operas) there is nothing worth watching. Instead of regretting,am willing to wait and give them time to load more programmes,but no more monthly subscriptions!

In the meantime,am looking for a Dstv decorder at competitive prices.

In addition,if you know where I can get the big satellite dish (don’t no what size it is) please forward references.

Thanks

benmute
#2 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 2:04:00 PM

Thanks for your infor abt GTV. I was considering getting one but I think I will go for their rival now.

About the big dish you are looking for - contact 0724916874 (Jorajwera) he is an installer of both DSTV and GTV and i think he can be of help.
thingira
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:18:00 AM

I told you.
went through the same drill. came out angry and feeling used.
It was my first buy and i felt so bad after a day or 2. if i were a chic,that would be like losing virginity to a fake.

If you can't beat them,arrange to have them beaten.
-George Carlin
Mkale
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:51:00 AM

Me think I was the only one suffering in pain,I bought the dish after numerous and irritating calls from one of their salesmen. At 5 k,I thought it was a deal but how wrong I was later to learn.

What agitates me most is the fact that despite having two cartoon channels (kidsco Nickelodeon). They still show cartoons in G series and G prime (Simpsons!) One wonders the logic of having 2 cartoon channels in the first place.

If you are planning to acquire one,think twice.

A wise man washes his hands after he pees.
A wiser man doesn't pee on his hands.
mtaalam
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:34:00 AM

Cheap can be expensive. I subscribe to DStv and I have no regrets to date. I was especially impressed by their coverage of the Olympics and the coverage of our local football league. I now realise that there's a lot of talent in Kenyan football (both players and coaches).
I only go to the pub to watch my premiership team which is ok as I'd not enjoy watching it at home by myself anyway. So to hell with GTV. (Have you seen the list of movies they bring? Total crap)

The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
albertross
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:42:00 AM

Like castle brewing found out,you cannot just waltz into Kenya and expect to make an impact.

Gtv,is just a waste of time and as much as Dstv costs a bomb to get the premium channel,I would rather go for that and get some satisfaction.

To all who have Gtv,stick with it you never know,they might just pull the finger out of their heads and start THINKING.

Thinking is free...............so THINK!!
Njunge
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:00:00 AM

Pure crap.Decade old boxing programmes,wrestling from the sixties,movies older than Charlie Chaplin,.....and you pay to see some cowboys riding bulls til the bulls shit...!!!!.........and If you feel like commiting murder,try their customer care.........
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Jaro
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:28:00 AM

I installed one recently n got angry same day,in Western Kenya if it starts drizzling,the signal is lost. Mind you it rains evryday after 4pm.

The channels are jus too repetitive,you can watch same program 10 times.Out of the whole package,I only watch English Premier League on G-Sport. Doing my math,2games a week for 4weeks at 2750/= It aint worth it.

Thats abt 500 Safcom shares every month
mlefu
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:41:00 AM

give the kid a chance...havent tried it but i believe it will be worth mentioning sometime in the near future

muthomi mugi aiikagia maitho kabere...
Sasha
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:41:00 AM

You guys tickle me! So you went and bought GTV before checking what they are offering!? And then you come here to complain how bad it is and tell others not to buy!!? I bought GTV solely because I wanted to watch the premiership, not for the cartoons or Nollywood! And I have to say I have no complaints because my expectations have been met accordingly! I'm never at home during the day and over the weekend, there's always football. At night, they have some nice series e.g. Psych, House and Nip/Tuck!

Simple. Kama unataka all round entertainment and you believe Dstv is the one, then find out what they are offering before buying it then shouting the way you don't like it!

I spit in the face of fakers
thingira
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:29:00 AM

@sasha
Mos guys rely on word of mouth. not everyone gets the priviledge of watching something for a day or two before buying. That's why we post it here,to save more from being suckers. The same way we do with pyramid schemes,wahi kuwahi and GTV
They don't have to repeat our mistakes.

-George Carlin
Njunge
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:59:00 AM

@Thingira,

Hadn't seen that.......'If you can't beat them,arrange for them to be beaten'.......made my day....!!!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
thingira
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:34:00 PM

@njung'e

Thanks. i found it so hilarious too. it's a tricky world,you know. and you need a way to handle your bullies and foes.

-George Carlin
mtaalam
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2008 9:21:00 AM

Is there anybody subscribing to any other provider other than GTV and DSTV?
Pse give us your views.

The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
TAZ
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2008 6:36:00 AM

The reason why more and more guys are subscribing to GTV is to watch FOOTBALL,the rest is just bonus. I don`t think i would pay almost 5K (DSTV) to watch 50+ plus channels most of which are either foreign or irrelevant. Watching KTN,SABC,BBC,NTV or KBC on DSTV is not necessarily a 'good deal'.

I think in comparing the two DSTV has definitely failed,they`ve enjoyed the monopoly in Kenya for soo long yet they are now facing serious competition from a company which is barely 1 year old in Kenya.

Sandu
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2008 3:40:00 PM

I have been on Free To Air for more than 2 years & i have never got to a point where i'm ready to cough 5k for pay tv. Reasons:

1. I'm happy with the programs that i receive; some of them are: SABC 1 (South Africa Broadcasting Corporation),SABC 2,SABC 3,ETV(South Africa),NTV,ABC News Now,Citizen,KTN,KBC,EATV,Family TV,ITV,Channel 10,Star TV,Agape,Capital,TBC,TBN,TCC,Smile of a Child,JCTV,Ujala(24/7 Documentary channel),Dawn News,Arirang,Aljazeera,EWTN,God Asia,FETV,CCTV 9,Fashion TV,Hope Channel,Love world,Russia Today,God TV,3ABN,Daystar,The Word Network,press tv,DBN,CNBC,Tourism & trade Channel,DW,Pentagon Channel,NBC(Namibia),CNN,France 24,TV 5 Monde Afrique,VOA,NTA(Nigeria Television Authority). they are so many ...actually hundreds excluding radio channels(hizo uwezi hesabu).

2. I didn't miss Africa cup (from the opening day to last match),same on Euro 2008 (which was not on G),Olympics and other major matches.

3. The Content is in digital format just like any other pay tv content. They all use MPEG II Format......(DVB=Digital Video Broadcasting). so clarity is the same.

4. I don't Experience rainfades......depends on dish size,type of freq. KU is more suspetible to rainfades especially when using a small dish.

5. Every now & then comes up new FTA channels.

6. No monthly fees....no suspensions.

Let My Conscience Be Ever Alive.
jaggernaut
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:34:00 AM

@Sandu,

Those are many channels! How can I access these FTA channels: satellite dish,orientation,decoders etc
danny6
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:26:00 PM

a combination of both is just fantastic im not complaining

danny
Magigi
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2008 1:59:00 PM

Sandu: Where can I get FTA? Any dealers you know of?
Sandu
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:12:00 PM

@jaggernaut
give me your email address. i will sort you out.

Let My Conscience Be Ever Alive.