wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<56789>»
SHOCKED - Less than 15,000 Nairobian's earning above 100k
nakujua
#121 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 11:48:50 PM

iko shida when people take the prosperity, get rich books as the gospel truth - ati push yourself harder to earn 800k per month.
if your stars are not aligned you are better off blowing into the sky to align the same first, if one has lungs with enough power to do that.
murchr
#122 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 11:58:42 PM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
kiterunner wrote:
dunkang wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
Earning less than 500k a month in Nairobi means you're still stuck. You should aim to make atleast 800k a month - spend 400k save 400k.

Boss you must still be in high school or college. Reality out there is;
- with a population of ~40,000,000 persons, the labor force can be estimated at ~15,000,000 persons.

- Less than 0.5% of the estimated work force (75,000 persons) have an income of 100,000/- and above (income means Salaried, investments and businesses).

- ~25% (~3,750,000 persons) make less than 3,000/- a month. i.e. technically jobless.

- ~50% of Kenyans (<7,500,000) make between 10,000/- and 50,000/- a month.

@MV_Ufanisi, just finish school first and encounter the reality out here. Your bubble will be burst immediately.

I am shocked that a grown up would utter such rubbish. Bwana Ufanisi, get yourself a real education of what is going on in the real world.

I'm going to take these comments in good faith and explain my rationale for making such a disturbing suggestion that: "Earning less than 500k a month in Nairobi means you're still stuck. You should aim to make atleast 800k a month - spend 400k save 400k."

First of all, these comments are made with the knowledge that this is to folks in Wazua: who are interested in serious talk about wealth. Not to the general population.

So this is a self selected community of people who are more keen on wealth and following that logic if we assumed that Wazua was a country its monthly salary will likely be a lot higher than in the general Kenyan population. Or to put it simply let's assume that Wazua is an elite institution such as Alliance High School where the average KCSE mean grade is an A-. This means that a person making a C in Alliance would likely be last (bottom percentile) whereas that person would be average or so in the general KCSE taking population.

My assumption in writing is that Wazuans are people who are not comfortable with being average and hence their extra effort in coming here to learn more about how to create wealth.

Let's tackle the country bias; people assume that because you're Kenyan you should be comfortable with having less and earning less than your American or British fellow world citizens. Also somehow it's implied that the country can't really support a mass of rich citizens; that wealth is scarce and only a few corrupt, greedy or such people will make more than average. I beg to differ.

But the country Kenya is rich with resources. A good experiment would be to evacuate all Kenyans from the country and bring in 40 million Americans or Japanese. Within less than a decade the income levels here would be at almost developed country levels. Simply put, there is nothing inherently wrong with the land on which we live or nothing in the air that makes us more poor than developed countries.

To prove the point, we have people who have become billionaires in this country - some of whom had much less education than a lot of Wazuans here.

So the problem seems to be more linked to lack of technology and know-how which leads to poor productivity and therefore poverty. It also seems to be linked to lack of ambition, proper planning as well as risk taking.

By virtue of you having access to a computer and the internet, it means the following; firstly, you can read and understand English, you know how to use a computer and you have access to the almost limitless information to be found on the internet. This puts you at a distinct advantage over most Kenyans and people in the world.

Jack Ma the founder of Alibaba says as follows;

You are poor because you have no ambition.

You are poor because you do not have the desire to become successful.

You are poor because you lack foresight.

You are poor because you cannot overcome your cowardice.

You are poor because you lack the courage and determination.

With ambition you can overcome all inferiority and maximise your potential!

With ambition you can persevere, continuously learn new things and strive for perfection.

With ambition you can defy all odds, and create miracles when others daren’t.

No matter how poor your family is, do not doubt your own abilities and lose sight of your ambition.

When your family deems you worthless, no one will pity you.

When your parents do not have money to pay the medical bills, no one will pity you.

When you are beaten by your competitors, no one will pity you.

When your loved ones abandon you, no one will pity you.

When you have not accomplished anything by the time you are 35, no one will pity you.

Go big, or go home. Otherwise, you’re wasting your youth.

Now you can take this as an attack on the genuinely hard working folks in Kenya or an attack on your ego. Or you can take that as a kick in the ass that makes you push yourself harder and become more productive. As usual, the choice is yours. My hope is that more Kenyans can achieve the African dream right here at home.

Well said, i don't understand why people like to think small and to lay low whilst forcing everyone else to think and do as they do. It doesn't help anyone but its a clear characteristic of the scarcity mentality, where one thinks if they have it someone else will be loosing.

Your employer might not pay you 800K but with the wealth and interaction here and elsewhere should get you earning that amount in various ventures. My goal for 2015 is to get 200M, i dont know exactly how but all i need now is that first step. Happy 2015 everyone.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
mv_ufanisi
#123 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 1:42:28 AM

nakujua wrote:
iko shida when people take the prosperity, get rich books as the gospel truth - ati push yourself harder to earn 800k per month.
if your stars are not aligned you are better off blowing into the sky to align the same first, if one has lungs with enough power to do that.

Low expectations have a way of becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. If you expect to only earn 5,000 a month, you'll think about someone talking of earning 50,000 a month as day dreaming. So what really matters are not the numbers posted there but where you are relatively. 800k a month is pea-nuts to a don like James Mwangi but seems unreachable to someone resigned to earning 20,000 a month. So I guess the main message of the article can be summarized as set a target that pushes you beyond your comfort zone and forces you to get more juice out of yourself. Needless to say I'm talking about honest legal business that you can sleep comfortably at night about.
kiterunner
#124 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 4:06:52 AM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
nakujua wrote:

Low expectations have a way of becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. If you expect to only earn 5,000 a month, you'll think about someone talking of earning 50,000 a month as day dreaming. So what really matters are not the numbers posted there but where you are relatively. 800k a month is pea-nuts to a don like James Mwangi but seems unreachable to someone resigned to earning 20,000 a month. So I guess the main message of the article can be summarized as set a target that pushes you beyond your comfort zone and forces you to get more juice out of yourself. Needless to say I'm talking about honest legal business that you can sleep comfortably at night about.

You need to upgrade your reading list from the get rich quick books to more serious writers. It is great for you to own the world if you can and if it floats your boat. Labelling everyone else in the process a failure is what I do not agree with and frankly find it stupid
our goals are best achieved indirectly
newfarer
#125 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 7:26:01 AM

mv ufanisi wachana na hawa, just tell me what can I do to make 800k in a month or rather what do you do to make that?

I'm sure I'm not lazy
punda amecheka
obiero
#126 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 7:34:19 AM

oh. mv ufanisi is zimbabwean.. that explains it :)

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Boris Boyka
#127 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 8:01:53 AM

murchr wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
kiterunner wrote:
dunkang wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
Earning less than 500k a month in Nairobi means you're still stuck. You should aim to make atleast 800k a month - spend 400k save 400k.

- with a population of ~40,000,000 persons, the labor force can be estimated at ~15,000,000 persons.

- Less than 0.5% of the estimated work force (75,000 persons) have an income of 100,000/- and above (income means Salaried, investments and businesses).

- ~25% (~3,750,000 persons) make less than 3,000/- a month. i.e. technically jobless.

@MV_Ufanisi, just finish school first and encounter the reality out here. Your bubble will be burst immediately.

I am shocked that a grown up would utter such rubbish. Bwana Ufanisi, get yourself a real education of what is going on in the real world.

I'm going to take these comments in good faith and explain my rationale for making such a disturbing suggestion that: "Earning less than 500k a month in Nairobi means you're still stuck. You should aim to make atleast 800k a month - spend 400k save 400k."

First of all, these comments are made with the knowledge that this is to folks in Wazua: who are interested in serious talk about wealth. Not to the general population.

So this is a self selected community of people who are more keen on wealth and following that logic if we assumed that Wazua was a country its monthly salary will likely be a lot higher than in the general Kenyan population. Or to put it simply let's assume that Wazua is an elite institution such as Alliance High School where the average KCSE mean grade is an A-. This means that a person making a C in Alliance would likely be last (bottom percentile) whereas that person would be average or so in the general KCSE taking population.

My assumption in writing is that Wazuans are people who are not comfortable with being average and hence their extra effort in coming here to learn more about how to create wealth.

Let's tackle the country bias; people assume that because you're Kenyan you should be comfortable with having less and earning less than your American or British fellow world citizens. Also somehow it's implied that the country can't really support a mass of rich citizens; that wealth is scarce and only a few corrupt, greedy or such people will make more than average. I beg to differ.

But the country Kenya is rich with resources. A good experiment would be to evacuate all Kenyans from the country and bring in 40 million Americans or Japanese. Within less than a decade the income levels here would be at almost developed country levels. Simply put, there is nothing inherently wrong with the land on which we live or nothing in the air that makes us more poor than developed countries.

To prove the point, we have people who have become billionaires in this country - some of whom had much less education than a lot of Wazuans here.

So the problem seems to be more linked to lack of technology and know-how which leads to poor productivity and therefore poverty. It also seems to be linked to lack of ambition, proper planning as well as risk taking.

By virtue of you having access to a computer and the internet, it means the following; firstly, you can read and understand English, you know how to use a computer and you have access to the almost limitless information to be found on the internet. This puts you at a distinct advantage over most Kenyans and people in the world.

With ambition you can persevere, continuously learn new things and strive for perfection.

No matter how poor your family is, do not doubt your own abilities and lose sight of your ambition.

When your parents do not have money to pay the medical bills, no one will pity you.

When you have not accomplished anything by the time you are 35, no one will pity you.

Now you can take this as an attack on the genuinely hard working folks in Kenya or an attack on your ego. Or you can take that as a kick in the ass that makes you push yourself harder and become more productive. As usual, the choice is yours. My hope is that more Kenyans can achieve the African dream right here at home.

Well said, i don't understand why people like to think small and to lay low whilst forcing everyone else to think and do as they do. It doesn't help anyone but its a clear characteristic of the scarcity mentality, where one thinks if they have it someone else will be loosing.

Your employer might not pay you 800K but with the wealth and interaction here and elsewhere should get you earning that amount in various ventures. My goal for 2015 is to get 200M, i dont know exactly how but all i need now is that first step. Happy 2015 everyone.
Honestly i didn't expect such words from an ElderSad no one is against earning 800k but we are against @mv ufanisi lebeling a nairobian earning less than 500k as stuck. Read again his statement. to paraphrase your post.....i don't understand why ppl who think big and lay big whilst forcing everyone else to think big and do as they do. If all of us make 0.5m monthly will you be okay or you'll want to make 1m plus. what will be cost of living? are you looking at big earnings or affordable goods and services at avg earnings? as an elder
Shame on you
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
dunkang
#128 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 8:24:58 AM

I am personally not against making 800k/- a month. What i am opposed to is being labeled, or any one else been labeled LAZY for not making 800k/-. Thats why i tried to come up with figures to just illustrate how unfair @MV_Ufanisi's remark of "being stuck" was.

Otherwise, NO HARD FEELINGS everyone, its just a forum, we have, we are and we will always agree to disagree, or/and disagree to agree. @MV_Ufanisi, my apology if i sounded rude on the high/college thing!

EVERYONE, HAVE A PEACEFUL AND JOYOUS FESTIVE SEASON!!!!
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

Gatheuzi
#129 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 11:16:08 AM

I agree with @Mv_ufanisi asking guys to get out of their comfort zone and aim higher. Forget the "stuck" thing guys and move on. While 800K may push up cost of living, taxation revenues will be higher and with that better roads and all that goes with it. We need this for the rest of the world to respect Africa
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
nakujua
#130 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 12:22:36 PM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
nakujua wrote:

smile I enjoy reading the motivational/ get rich/ get the most out of your inner ... kind of books, they add fuel to my quotes database and spice up my dreams - but thats as far as they go, as Mr. Coelho put it in the alchemist;

Quote:

If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.

and to he put fondant on the cake;

Quote:

I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living now.

it not alway about float increasing; increasing++;
its about finding a way of enjoying what your capabilities can afford you.
You might be surpriced, Mr. Mwangi may not consider 800k to be peanuts, and 50,000 may not be a dream to those making 5,000 - it might just be they are happy with what their capability can make them, no need tiring your mouth and lungs trying to blow the stars in the sky.

but you sound like a great person, maisha ni kung'eng'ana smile
Am
#131 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 12:33:08 PM

murchr wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
kiterunner wrote:
dunkang wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:

I like @Mv _Ufanisi's arrogance displayed without apologies all through the threadsmile smile

Seriously for me I see no need for this Hullabaloo from his Comments and while him and I are in different worlds 'today, I do not think that earning 800K a month is not doable. Have seen several people do it. a lot of Lessons learnt and hope I do it in once!!!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
Am
#132 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 12:42:00 PM

nakujua wrote:
what! ati earning less than 100k is a hustle, enyewe hustling means different things to different individuals, hata deputy pork is seen as a hustler by the pork

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Really??
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
quicksand
#133 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 12:44:38 PM

nakujua wrote:

Wisecrack of the year!!!Applause Applause

I am sure we have all met people who would look once at an incomprehensible mathematical equation, go 'this is very simple' and proceed to solve it in a few seconds, whilst you can't tell east or west of the thing. Other people are able to strike conversations, make friends, seduce women very easily, others can't.
It is the same with making vast sums of money. To some it comes easily, and they wonder why the rest of us can't see it. There is no single formula. One day you try something, keep at it for years with only modest success. Another comes along and steals your formula and zap! instant success, millions in the bank.
No one wants to be poor. We all want to be comfortable and rich. And since those who arrived already will hardly show us the secrets (not that they are guaranteed to work), we put in the hard graft. No one needs this condescending nonsense of thinking that drafting a goal of some magical figure gets you there or spurs you to get there. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Even Jack Ma didnt start profering advice until his billions were in the bank. I presume if his strategy had failed, as many have, he would have wisely shut up.
So, to @mv-ufanisi and the like-minded, you can take this as advise to temper down your hubris-it really takes more than ambition, or you can take it that we are ambitionless and that is why we are poor. The end result is what counts.
Peace.
Happy new year.

mv_ufanisi
#134 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 12:02:54 AM

There's a high cost to weakness/low productivity.
For example if enough entrepreneurs in Kenya stepped up we wouldn't have Kenyans heading over to the Middle East to become domestic slaves. Also look at the case with Liberia and Sierra Leone because they are so weak they can't control Ebola.
Africans have faced a high cost of weakness - slavery, colonization and domination by foreigners in their own countries. Becoming comfortable with the little you have is a recipe for disaster.
We stop being weak when we up our game and become more productive. For example, you might be able to pay school fees for a relative who would otherwise join the ranks of the uneducated/poor if you increased your earnings. You would likely hire more people and in effect lead to an improvement in quality of life for the dependents of your employees etc. you could expand your company across Africa and help to improve the image of African business, you can develop new technology or new business processes that can be exported to other countries.
Being comfortable with weakness/average performance is a trap that can have devastating costs. For the sake of yourself and family, country and continent, don't settle for okay performance push harder, earn more and have a prosperous 2015. Best wishes.
kyt
#135 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 5:33:57 PM

mv_faina has a solid argument, rock solid stuff. scarcity mentality is rife in Africa. Take Zuckerberg for example, if a UON dropout walked in KCB or Safaricom, would he be even let past the watchman? Why is it that graduate students have to depend on their relatives to secure job, cant they sell themselves? 800k maybe a lot; but I have seen guy; in 2014; move from 0_600k in 6 months. his target for 2015 is 1M. when you open your minds, the opportunities are limitless.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
patrazi
#136 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 7:17:39 PM

@mv_ufanisi I would wish to work for you for free for a month so that I get real learning. Kindly confirm.
kiterunner
#137 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 11:32:15 PM

kyt wrote:
mv_faina has a solid argument, rock solid stuff. scarcity mentality is rife in Africa. Take Zuckerberg for example, if a UON dropout walked in KCB or Safaricom, would he be even let past the watchman? Why is it that graduate students have to depend on their relatives to secure job, cant they sell themselves? 800k maybe a lot; but I have seen guy; in 2014; move from 0_600k in 6 months. his target for 2015 is 1M. when you open your minds, the opportunities are limitless.

That is the Kenyan way. Anyone with money (or claims to have money) has a 'rock solid' argument. Even Sonko and Pattni have 'rock solid' arguments AND 'rock solid' followers.

Happy new year
our goals are best achieved indirectly
meme
#138 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 12:35:45 AM

kiterunner wrote:
kyt wrote:

That is the Kenyan way. Anyone with money (or claims to have money) has a 'rock solid' argument. Even Sonko and Pattni have 'rock solid' arguments AND 'rock solid' followers.

Happy new year

It also the kenyan way for those without money to claim that those with money.....hehe.
Patience. You cannot have a baby in one month by impregnating nine women....
Lolest!
#139 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 12:44:33 AM

You have a point, but using 800k to delineate between lazy and hardworking people is unfair.

Why not push that figure to Kes 5m??
mv_ufanisi wrote:
There's a high cost to weakness/low productivity.
For example if enough entrepreneurs in Kenya stepped up we wouldn't have Kenyans heading over to the Middle East to become domestic slaves. Also look at the case with Liberia and Sierra Leone because they are so weak they can't control Ebola.
Africans have faced a high cost of weakness - slavery, colonization and domination by foreigners in their own countries. Becoming comfortable with the little you have is a recipe for disaster.
We stop being weak when we up our game and become more productive. For example, you might be able to pay school fees for a relative who would otherwise join the ranks of the uneducated/poor if you increased your earnings. You would likely hire more people and in effect lead to an improvement in quality of life for the dependents of your employees etc. you could expand your company across Africa and help to improve the image of African business, you can develop new technology or new business processes that can be exported to other countries.
Being comfortable with weakness/average performance is a trap that can have devastating costs. For the sake of yourself and family, country and continent, don't settle for okay performance push harder, earn more and have a prosperous 2015. Best wishes.

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kyt
#140 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 12:55:31 AM

kiterunner am not in this forum for arguments and counter arguments, at the end of the day, it's your choice.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.