Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<34567>»
SHOCKED - Less than 15,000 Nairobian's earning above 100k
mv_ufanisi
#81 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 3:47:23 PM

nakujua wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Marine Vessel Ufanisi...your name betrays yousmile

Laughing out loudly - the secret is with mv_australia.

The secret is being able to get things done. There are too many lazy, cowardly, ignorant, all talk, all fun, no work, happy go lucky kind of people in Kenya who can't get anything done to save their lives. The few that make it are the ones that can make a plan, take a job from A to Z and get it done quickly and elegantly.
The problem with growing up in a poor country like Kenya is that most people have a scarcity mentality. They think that the only way to make it is through some monkey business like stealing govt money, drugs, "devil" worship or something superstitious/illegal/immoral. So they sit back and watch foreigners come to their country and show them how to get things done.
First step to success is get rid of the scarcity mentality. This country has enough resources to enable every citizen have a high standard of life. Second step take responsibility for yourself - stop blaming others for your plight. Next realize that you have a lot of resources lying dormant around you. Next, get things done, convert opportunities into profits. Use your brain and don't be so lazy.
Rollout
#82 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 4:30:13 PM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

The secret is being able to get things done. There are too many lazy, cowardly, ignorant, all talk, all fun, no work, happy go lucky kind of people in Kenya who can't get anything done to save their lives. The few that make it are the ones that can make a plan, take a job from A to Z and get it done quickly and elegantly.
The problem with growing up in a poor country like Kenya is that most people have a scarcity mentality. They think that the only way to make it is through some monkey business like stealing govt money, drugs, "devil" worship or something superstitious/illegal/immoral. So they sit back and watch foreigners come to their country and show them how to get things done.
First step to success is get rid of the scarcity mentality. This country has enough resources to enable every citizen have a high standard of life. Second step take responsibility for yourself - stop blaming others for your plight. Next realize that you have a lot of resources lying dormant around you. Next, get things done, convert opportunities into profits. Use your brain and don't be so lazy.

Hey, honestly, you sound like you're dreaming, the reality is far from what you're implying.... "get things done?" It's more complex than that bro, I doubt if you've ever done anything outside of going to school because once you get out of school and start a business or get your first job then you'll understand how complex this things are.

mv_ufanisi
#83 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 6:48:02 PM

Rollout wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Hey, honestly, you sound like you're dreaming, the reality is far from what you're implying.... "get things done?" It's more complex than that bro, I doubt if you've ever done anything outside of going to school because once you get out of school and start a business or get your first job then you'll understand how complex this things are.

I'm not only out of school but have quite a few people working for me.

I'll leave you with a quote by T.E. Lawrence – “All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible.”

You should check out this article - http://vulcanpost.com/77...-still-poor-35-deserve/

nakujua
#84 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 7:53:35 PM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
Rollout wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

I'll leave you with a quote by T.E. Lawrence – “All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible.”

You should check out this article - http://vulcanpost.com/77...-still-poor-35-deserve/

when things work out, then you start labeling the others lazy, wachana na quotes, they only work for those who have made it - but circumstances can f... you
Rollout
#85 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 8:12:35 PM

nakujua wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
Rollout wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

when things work out, then you start labeling the others lazy, wachana na quotes, they only work for those who have made it - but circumstances can f... you

Come on! this guys is saying all it take is getting things done, it can't be that easy.... thats a naive statement... unless you control your economic environment, it's just going to take way more than "getting things done"....., most jobs/Businesses that is just about getting things done cannot give you Kshs 1,000,000 profit a month, let's face it.

I am doing very well myself, atleast thats what people think.
smano
#86 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 3:17:09 PM

Just seen this thread.

I'm in the insurance business and around 200 - 300 of our agents make at least over Ksh.100k in commissions every month. When you compare that with the number of agents we have ( just around 2,000 agents) then that figure of 15,000 sounds feasible. I was surprised to find out from the Haas Consult property survey that there are only 20,000 mortgages being serviced in Kenya - I thought it was a typo and that they meant 200,000!

Just goes to show you the disparity there is in this country...
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
JeyT
#87 Posted : Friday, May 02, 2014 10:40:48 AM

smano wrote:
Just seen this thread.

I'm in the insurance business and around 200 - 300 of our agents make at least over Ksh.100k in commissions every month. When you compare that with the number of agents we have ( just around 2,000 agents) then that figure of 15,000 sounds feasible. I was surprised to find out from the Haas Consult property survey that there are only 20,000 mortgages being serviced in Kenya - I thought it was a typo and that they meant 200,000!

I don't think it was a typo, i think that's the number of middle class that have mortgage accounts, the wealthy and the higher middle class tend to pay cash for the houses they have
Maji yakizidi unga toroka
icecube
#88 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2014 5:51:54 PM

smano wrote:
Just seen this thread.

Hey, in your insurance business, are these agents earning over Ksh100k in commissions per month because they bring in new clients per month or they earn the commissions on monthly premiums paid? or Even if they don't bring in any new clients?
kysse
#89 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2014 10:45:51 PM

icecube wrote:
smano wrote:
Just seen this thread.

Hey, in your insurance business, are these agents earning over Ksh100k in commissions per month because they bring in new clients per month or they earn the commissions on monthly premiums paid? or Even if they don't bring in any new clients?

also waiting for feedback..
icecube
#90 Posted : Sunday, July 06, 2014 12:19:10 PM

kysse wrote:
icecube wrote:
smano wrote:
Just seen this thread.

Still waiting....
Impunity
#91 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:55:46 PM

icecube wrote:
kysse wrote:
icecube wrote:
smano wrote:
Just seen this thread.

Still waiting....

Mtangoja sana.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

icecube
#92 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:49:40 PM

So it seems that it is actually true, very very few Nairobians earn above 100K! Stories of very many guys making over 100k may just be stories, given a chance, everyone would want to exaggerate their earnings.
real cindano
#93 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:25:54 PM

MV_Ufanisi .... I totally agree with you. Get it done. I have learnt the hard way that that is what it takes. I have lost money but what I have learnt from those losses is worth several MBAs.

There is a lot of opinions that float about on this site and most people just imagine and never get to doing. Apart from the stock section where rubber meets the road with several people acting on their stock picks in the group, SME and market sections there is a lot of opinions and very little action.

In fact from the opinions I read here majority have never actually never done anything and the few who are doing stuff are only coming to get ideas and maybe contacts and then get back to implementing and getting things done.

mawinder
#94 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:40:05 AM

real cindano wrote:

MV_Ufanisi .... I totally agree with you. Get it done. I have learnt the hard way that that is what it takes. I have lost money but what I have learnt from those losses is worth several MBAs.

There is a lot of opinions that float about on this site and most people just imagine and never get to doing. Apart from the stock section where rubber meets the road with several people acting on their stock picks in the group, SME and market sections there is a lot of opinions and very little action.

In fact from the opinions I read here majority have never actually never done anything and the few who are doing stuff are only coming to get ideas and maybe contacts and then get back to implementing and getting things done.

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!
real cindano
#95 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:26:44 AM

mawinder wrote:
real cindano wrote:

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mawinder are you still doing road constructions? Asante sana!
mawinder
#96 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:05:50 AM

real cindano wrote:
mawinder wrote:
real cindano wrote:

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mawinder are you still doing road constructions? Asante sana!

I am now employed but planning to start leasing construction equipment.
dunkang
#97 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:51:55 PM

Okay. So all this Toyota i see around town parked kumbe sio mingi sana. THERE ARE ONLY 7,000 public parking spaces in Nairobi.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

icecube
#98 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:32:55 PM

dunkang wrote:
Okay. So all this Toyota i see around town parked kumbe sio mingi sana. THERE ARE ONLY 7,000 public parking spaces in Nairobi.

My friend, Nairobi CBD ama Nairobi County? But yes, some of these Toyota belong to companies
smano
#99 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 4:23:59 PM

icecube wrote:
smano wrote:
Just seen this thread.

Wololo!!! Poleni sana, I totally forgot about this and didn't think there was any interest..seems @Impunity knows me well....in terms of the threads I contribute in the most.

Anyway, the most insurance companies in the country pay around 40% commission on premiums for every premium received.

In most scenarios, you'll earn 40% per premium for the first year, then 20% per premium for the 2nd year and maybe 10% year 4-5 and then 5% from year 5 to 10.

So you're basically earning for all previous biz and any new biz for as long as the client is paying premium.

If your client is a good client and pays premiums consistently for 1 year (12 months), we give you a 13th month persistency bonus (paid after 15 months, technicalities of when a policy is considered as lapsed). That 13th month persistency bonus is a percentage of all commissions earned in that 1 year, and there's also a 25th month and a 37th month bonus.

Ofcourse selling insurance is very challenging but the guys doing it very well are extremely successful. Remember tax is 10% withholding
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
its2013
#100 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 8:05:07 PM

Now I see why my insurance agent treats me like family smile
Pretty hurts