wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<789
KCB or Equity Bank?
VituVingiSana
#161 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2023 2:22:22 PM

shocks wrote:
What exactly has spoked investors, is Ruto dishing Kanu era political loans from this bank, is that even possible in this era we are in?
#ThisIsKenya Sad
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Sir invest
#162 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2023 3:04:47 PM

Waiting KCB @7 bob
xtina
#163 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2023 4:48:57 PM

Sir invest wrote:
Waiting KCB @7 bob

Unaamsha ulcers
deadpoet
#164 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2023 6:22:47 PM

Sir invest wrote:
Waiting KCB @7 bob

For me, 15 and below would be too tempting to ignore. Looking more and more likely with each passing day. But won't lose any sleep if the stock rebounds and I miss the current opportunity. Cash remains king.
mlennyma
#165 Posted : Thursday, November 02, 2023 12:51:18 PM

We need a meeting to comfort each other before we hear of suicides
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#166 Posted : Thursday, November 02, 2023 2:23:22 PM

In the last few years of the Moi error, specifically 2001, i used to pass by the NSE in town on my way from work to collect the price list as internet was foreign to both myself and NSE.
I remember KCB at KES.8 for a very long time in the last 2 years of his presidency.
Seeing KCB going back to these levels scares me greatly.
Clowns like @Realtreaty and his ilk, now stationed at the green section must be very happy seeing this.
@SufficientlyP
mlennyma
#167 Posted : Thursday, November 02, 2023 3:11:12 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
In the last few years of the Moi error, specifically 2001, i used to pass by the NSE in town on my way from work to collect the price list as internet was foreign to both myself and NSE.
I remember KCB at KES.8 for a very long time in the last 2 years of his presidency.
Clowns like @Realtreaty and his ilk, now stationed at the green section must be very happy seeing this.

Staring at safcom & KCB single digits.. Iam at pains to rule out political interference
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
heri
#168 Posted : Thursday, November 02, 2023 3:13:31 PM

is it the market being irrational or things are that bad? I guess in Kenya NPLs will be huge but I thought their subsidiaries are doing quite well , atleast we saw Tanzania (albeit small in the big picture) and then DRC
heri
#169 Posted : Thursday, November 02, 2023 3:15:20 PM

heri wrote:

is it the market being irrational or things are that bad? I guess in Kenya NPLs will be huge but I thought their subsidiaries are doing quite well , atleast we saw Tanzania (albeit small in the big picture) and then DRC

Or is the price decline due to impact of foreigners fleeing due to the Forex crisis
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#170 Posted : Thursday, November 02, 2023 3:37:04 PM

Several reasons:
1) Foreigners fleeing to cut their FX losses.
2) Broke government that is in constant competition with
the private sector for cash. Currently the IFB/2023/6.5 is the talk in town with every wanjiku rushing towards it. the last IFB in July took out 213B from the markets and the current one isn't going to be any different.
3) A government that has refused to reduce its expenditure and is operating like we are in the Kibaki years, as such widening the deficit levels and this money has to come from somewhere.....either taxes or debt.
4) Strong USD.
5) Less disposable income
6) As you've rightfully said, high NPL's and a very difficult business environment that's full of red tape, excess taxation, political uncertainties, wanton corruption and pilferage of funds etc etc...
@SufficientlyP
VituVingiSana
#171 Posted : Friday, November 03, 2023 11:59:32 AM

Nabii is Nyayo 2.0
If not for the current constitutional safeguards, the Nyayo House basement would have been reopened and brimming with folks.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#172 Posted : Friday, November 03, 2023 3:14:05 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Nabii is Nyayo 2.0
If not for the current constitutional safeguards, the Nyayo House basement would have been reopened and brimming with folks.

Mambo ni matatu
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#173 Posted : Friday, November 03, 2023 3:56:20 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Nabii is Nyayo 2.0

Mambo ni matatu
Rai was told to greet Charlie and he promptly showed up. Or was brought there. Stockholm Syndrome.