wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages<12345>»
KCB or Equity Bank?
mlennyma
#41 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 12:54:05 PM

I have received the scrip pal today, you only need to return if you opt for cash and not shares just like cfci last year
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
citymayor
#42 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:27:03 PM

mlennyma wrote:
I have received the scrip pal today, you only need to return if you opt for cash and not shares just like cfci last year

@mlennyma will the scrip shares rank pari passu with existing shares in determining rights allocation in second half 2016? I smell dilution
The Emotional Dog and Its Rational Tail
mlennyma
#43 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:17:49 PM

citymayor wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

@mlennyma will the scrip shares rank pari passu with existing shares in determining rights allocation in second half 2016? I smell dilution

if you agree to take them I think they should be included in your holding but they are very few if 1000 shares attract only 25 scrip shares
Ebenyo
#44 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:28:09 PM

mlennyma wrote:

@ mlenyma i have not received mine.i have checked my cds account but nothing.i have checked the post box also but nothing.how did u get urs?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mlennyma
#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:38:19 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

@ mlenyma i have not received mine.i have checked my cds account but nothing.i have checked the post box also but nothing.how did u get urs?

post.iko njiani wait
Aguytrying
#46 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 9:10:04 PM

I realise that KCB is owned 17% by national treasury and 7% by NSSF. Local institutional investors about 47% and international institutional investors about 24%.

My question is? Who runs this bank? how much is the government involvement at the highest levels of decision making? Who controls this bank? Bear in mind government and NSSF are the largest shareholders with the institutional investors holding small percentages but they are many.

Why does this model "seem" to be working while KQ for example it's not.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
VituVingiSana
#47 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 9:37:22 PM

@Aguy - Getting the 47% to vote together might be a challenge PLUS at the AGM the votes PRESENT (including proxies) count. Absent votes do not.

Let's say 50% of the votes are present but GoK has 34% of the votes that are present. Nsst has 14%. Add the two and they have 48%. How do you beat 48%?

I hope someone has answers to your questions!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
enyands
#48 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 9:56:07 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@Aguy - Getting the 47% to vote together might be a challenge PLUS at the AGM the votes PRESENT (including proxies) count. Absent votes do not.

Let's say 50% of the votes are present but GoK has 34% of the votes that are present. Nsst has 14%. Add the two and they have 48%. How do you beat 48%?

it does make sense .there is no way ill stop my errands to go vote and yet I have less than 5k shares here
Aguytrying
#49 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 10:20:27 PM

enyands wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

it does make sense .there is no way ill stop my errands to go vote and yet I have less than 5k shares here

You have shed enough light, thanks guys
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
VituVingiSana
#50 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 10:21:02 AM

Joshua Oigara plays down rise of KCB bad loans

http://www.nation.co.ke/...0/-/pswbv7/-/index.html

Liar Liar Liar
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#51 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 10:36:17 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Liar Liar Liar

When I compared the NPLs vs equity bank. I'm so impressed by equity. And equity's loan book grew in that quarter by 50bn while KCB's was flat.
Then the ownership of equity inspires confidence. It's Kenya biggest and best bank. Time will make this clear once and for all. The competition is good.

@VVS. Dtb NPLs in Q1 have risen from 4bn to 7bn. But they have no exposure unlike kcb.
VituVingiSana
#52 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 10:55:02 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Liar Liar Liar

When I compared the NPLs vs equity bank. I'm so impressed by equity. And equity's loan book grew in that quarter by 50bn while KCB's was flat.
Then the ownership of equity inspires confidence. It's Kenya biggest and best bank. Time will make this clear once and for all. The competition is good.

@VVS. Dtb NPLs in Q1 have risen from 4bn to 7bn. But they have no exposure unlike kcb.

DTB has taken the NPLs. Provided for some not all based on Prudential Guidelines. And no Net NPL Exposure. Good bank.
hisah
#53 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 11:06:03 AM

After all is said and done, KCB must hold the support level at 38 and Equity at 35. Break below the slide aims at 30 handle.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
VituVingiSana
#54 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 11:09:09 AM

hisah wrote:
After all is said and done, KCB must hold the support level at 38 and Equity at 35. Break below the slide aims at 30 handle.

Equity at 30/- is sweet! Pray Pray Pray I like low prices for quality stocks.
hisah
#55 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 11:18:24 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:

KCB weekly cartoon. Bull/bear fight at the edge... Next move is critical!

$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Aguytrying
#56 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 2:52:26 PM

hisah wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:

Equity at 38.00 and below I'm In. 35 and below is a bonus.

BTW thanks to impending kcb dilution with new shares and rights. the price of the 2 maybe closely matched from now on.
hisah
#57 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2016 2:25:08 PM

hisah wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:

That cracking sound is support caving in!? Pray Pray

I'll ask again has simba and brit topped out the market? Definitely today NSE20 is closing below the year lows at this rate!
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#58 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2016 3:06:04 PM

Almost traded sub 37. Last time we were here was in July 2013. 3 years worth of gains now washed down the drain.
The stock hit a high of 65.50 in April 2015.
@SufficientlyP
Aguytrying
#59 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2016 3:53:18 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
Almost traded sub 37. Last time we were here was in July 2013. 3 years worth of gains now washed down the drain.

That is so volatile. How come equity has been less volatile, yet their profits and growth have been similar. Is it the impending rights issue causing jitters
hisah
#60 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2016 4:12:59 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:

That is so volatile. How come equity has been less volatile, yet their profits and growth have been similar. Is it the impending rights issue causing jitters

Equity is not far behind if that support also caves in, which I expect to happen then those holding brit will be singing in the rain come year end! For KCB I think that rights issue has spooked weak hands in the current bear. I also questioned why a rights issue now, which @VVS explained. But it's a confidence bashing moving and likely the reason it's bleeding more than EQTY.