wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Wanted : Farm Manager in Nakuru
simplicity
#1 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2014 6:16:23 PM

I am looking to work with someone who is very hands-on and full of income generating ideas.

Task: Turn a 4 acre farm in Nakuru near Lord Egerton (Ngata Area) into an agri-goldmine.

email me on gerro12001 (at) yahoo.com if you are down or can recommend someone.

They/You don't have to live on the farm. I just need someone who can Manage and help run things.
Coolio
#2 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2014 6:26:49 PM

Consider me i do it as part time!
Nadondosha meli kubwa seuze ngalawa!
simplicity
#3 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2014 7:38:55 PM

Email me what your game plan is/would be...

gerro12001(at)yahoo.com

You can do it part time as long as you show the guy(s) living there what to do in your absence.
tinker
#4 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2014 8:41:55 PM

In closely related issue, I need advise on farmhands/shamba boy. Before I started my small Agri-business,
- in my simple way-I was very excited by the fact that, I will employ atleast one person hence contributing in alleviating
un-employment. In a span of 6 months, am looking for 4th guy as the first three have left.

The task at hard is not as much demanding and the farm has electricity, water, food and accommodation all provided for free.
Salary increment has proved not to be the magic card.

Any guideline on how much does one have to part with for such cadre?.
Anyone knows of a bureau which is reliable?
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Gathige
#5 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2014 8:59:04 PM

tinker wrote:
In closely related issue, I need advise on farmhands/shamba boy. Before I started my small Agri-business,
- in my simple way-I was very excited by the fact that, I will employ atleast one person hence contributing in alleviating
un-employment. In a span of 6 months, am looking for 4th guy as the first three have left.

The task at hard is not as much demanding and the farm has electricity, water, food and accommodation all provided for free.
Salary increment has proved not to be the magic card.

Any guideline on how much does one have to part with for such cadre?.
Anyone knows of a bureau which is reliable?

@tinker, least qualification for a serious agribusiness employee should be a diploma level. A drop out chap cannot think ukulima ni biashara but thinks ni kazi ya mkono. With like 15k you can get a good person. Lowly pad chaps have no commitment as they can always make similar cash elsewhere.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Coolio
#6 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2014 9:33:58 PM

Do you neighbour my friends Lee and Lokorio?
simplicity
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 12, 2014 2:32:30 AM

Yes @ Coolio. I am a stone throw away from Lee and Lokorio. Are you doing any greenhouses in that neck of the woods ama ni maziwa?
wanyee
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:24:30 PM

simplicity wrote:
Yes @ Coolio. I am a stone throw away from Lee and Lokorio. Are you doing any greenhouses in that neck of the woods ama ni maziwa?

We could be neighbours!! tukutane thorn tree this weekend smile
Coolio
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:50:43 PM

wanyee wrote:
simplicity wrote:

We could be neighbours!! tukutane thorn tree this weekend smile

I could have joined you but i'll be in the capital this weekend!
murchr
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:59:49 PM

Is farming a viable investment for someone who's not in the country? If it is, what measures can be put inplace so that one can get good returns?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
migi
#11 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 2:30:42 AM

Have a similar challenge. What are the options of a 6acre land in Kinangop to somebody outside the country .?? Have piped water and a river front.
Ali Baba
#12 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 4:39:21 AM

migi wrote:
Have a similar challenge. What are the options of a 6acre land in Kinangop to somebody outside the country .?? Have piped water and a river front.
Sell the land to me,and you can invest at the stock exchange of Your country of residence...
kiriita
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:29:12 AM

Coolio, what's your email address? Need to discuss a matter with you [re: your signature].
KulaRaha
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:57:56 AM

Ali Baba wrote:
migi wrote:
Sell the land to me,and you can invest at the stock exchange of Your country of residence...

Makes sense. I am also a buyer.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
simplicity
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:01:32 AM

I think long distance farming for lack of a better word is doable. Shida ni kupata watu trustworthy who will not be taking 2 sets of your milk to 2 different accounts (yako na yao)or selling your kondoos at night. A lot of diasporians have very productive land but everytime they start a project with people at home, the output is always negative, if only someone in Kenya can start a bureau of Farm Managers and hire them to work on these lands.
Coolio
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 06, 2014 8:43:15 PM

kiriita wrote:
Coolio, what's your email address? Need to discuss a matter with you [re: your signature].

411kamaaatgmail.com
migi
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:13:05 AM

Ali Baba wrote:
migi wrote:

He he ... Not for sale. That's my final resting place
smallfama
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2014 9:14:53 AM

migi wrote:
Ali Baba wrote:
migi wrote:

He he ... Not for sale. That's my final resting place

Have you thought of leasing? If so we can chat in about two months when I put my house in order. Where exactly is the land? Or we can do a joint venture.