wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

24 Pages«<1819202122>»
Breaking News!! Makaburi Dead??
ecstacy
#381 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:53:55 PM

OKEI,soooo Samantha Lewthwaite was reportedly caught at checkpoint in Nigeria 6 months ago but managed to bribe her way to freedom?!! lol Now the Abuja bomb blast is reportedly revenge of the death of Makaburi in Kenya. The merging of Al Shabaab, Boko Haram and Al Qaeda in North Africa for an African jihadism is a bit worrying.
masukuma
#382 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:56:17 PM

symbols wrote:
masukuma wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
masukuma wrote:
use the scriptures as general guidelines to use when describing the behaviour and condition of man not the physical universe!

@masukuma sometimes I admire you. But sometimes you let us down. A while back last year, I wanted to engage Wazuans in logic and science, but they turn around abuse. This is the kind of reasoning that I like. No emotions, no preconditioning, no misconceptions...

I am a believer of science - it got me to work this morning! someone discovered that hydrocarbons thrown in a metal container and burnt expands and causes movements and this can be harnessed to cause movement and viola we had car engines amongst other things. I happen to write this while abroad after a heavier than air contraption took off and flew some 40k feet above sea level and took me safely from point x and y. I happen to write this on a device that looks like a piece of glass on a foldable contraption with black pieces of plastic having 'QWERTY' on them and as soon as i am done typing my message I press some button down here and my thoughts are immediately propagated to people i don't know thousands of kilometers away. What is my point? All these things have been made by 'human hands' after investigations and a person who said "these are the facts what conclusion is supported by these facts". What I fear you want to do is to engage me in the "science" that says "this is the conclusion (the point you are driving) - what facts are out there that support my conclusion!"

That is an assumption based on the continuity of observation.

yes - that assumption is the best thing we have got! everything else has failed! like democracy being the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried. so is science - the worst way of deducing what is happening except for all other things that have been tried!!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
tycho
#383 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:58:54 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Mtu Biz wrote:

The words of Jesus to his disciples.. He was just finishing telling them to expect persecution as He leaves them to await the coming of the Holy Spirit.

John
Quote:
16 “All this I have told you so that you will not fall away. 2 They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. 3 They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. 4 I have told you this, so that when their time comes you will remember that I warned you about them.

Let him who has ears to hear. Let him hear.

@mtu biz you can be helped by @muriel. Which cities did Jesus (a.s) tell them to run into?

Matt 10:23: Jesus said "But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another... for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come."

Question is: Has Jesus come back?

That's not the question; the question is where is Jesus? Lol, not has Jesus come back? Who are you to ask that?

Your comrade, @guru says Jesus is a biographer, who bids his audience wait till he comes back to cast them in his movie, 'Paradiso'.

symbols
#384 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:03:24 PM

masukuma wrote:
symbols wrote:
masukuma wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
masukuma wrote:
use the scriptures as general guidelines to use when describing the behaviour and condition of man not the physical universe!

@masukuma sometimes I admire you. But sometimes you let us down. A while back last year, I wanted to engage Wazuans in logic and science, but they turn around abuse. This is the kind of reasoning that I like. No emotions, no preconditioning, no misconceptions...

I am a believer of science - it got me to work this morning! someone discovered that hydrocarbons thrown in a metal container and burnt expands and causes movements and this can be harnessed to cause movement and viola we had car engines amongst other things. I happen to write this while abroad after a heavier than air contraption took off and flew some 40k feet above sea level and took me safely from point x and y. I happen to write this on a device that looks like a piece of glass on a foldable contraption with black pieces of plastic having 'QWERTY' on them and as soon as i am done typing my message I press some button down here and my thoughts are immediately propagated to people i don't know thousands of kilometers away. What is my point? All these things have been made by 'human hands' after investigations and a person who said "these are the facts what conclusion is supported by these facts". What I fear you want to do is to engage me in the "science" that says "this is the conclusion (the point you are driving) - what facts are out there that support my conclusion!"

yes - that assumption is the best thing we have got! everything else has failed! like democracy being the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried. so is science - the worst way of deducing what is happening except for all other things that have been tried!!

So the best assumption science has is faith?
masukuma
#385 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:03:37 PM

ecstacy wrote:
OKEI,soooo Samantha Lewthwaite was reportedly caught at checkpoint in Nigeria 6 months ago but managed to bribe her way to freedom?!! lol Now the Abuja bomb blast is reportedly revenge of the death of Makaburi in Kenya. The merging of Al Shabaab, Boko Haram and Al Qaeda in North Africa for an African jihadism is a bit worrying.

(I kinda expect Tokyo to weigh in on this) someone actually asked - taoism confucianism and buddhism all have deities and messengers that look like those people that adhere to those religions. Hinduism has deities and messengers that look like those people. Islam was 'given' to people of arabia and the messenger was one of them. Moses was hebrew. Even Europeans changed Jesus to be a tall white guy! However the most passionate adherents to all these religions are people who look neither like the people who were given these religions or deities in these religions. We africans should stop being silly! we cannot even grow our beard to be 4 fingers long as required by islam.
masukuma
#386 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:09:30 PM

symbols wrote:
masukuma wrote:
symbols wrote:
masukuma wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
masukuma wrote:

please note I am not saying there is no room for faith ! on the contrary!! Faith has carried me during difficult times that when I remember I just thank God for him taking me through those patches and it's not many years ago but even as recent as last year HOWEVER it's not an all or nothing scenario! We don't have to be all mechanical even when we know a better option/way exists! Faith is important, Hope is important! That is where atheists fail!
symbols
#387 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:24:57 PM

masukuma wrote:
symbols wrote:
masukuma wrote:
symbols wrote:
masukuma wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
masukuma wrote:

please note I am not saying there is no room for faith ! on the contrary!! Faith has carried me during difficult times that when I remember I just thank God for him taking me through those patches and it's not many years ago but even as recent as last year HOWEVER it's not an all or nothing scenario! We don't have to be all mechanical even when we know a better option/way exists! Faith is important, Hope is important! That is where atheists fail!

I have nothing against atheism,faith or science so I'll try and clarify my point of view.

Science is based on observation and the belief it will be as it is and was.I believe both theists and atheists also rely on that.Thus,faith is a common element even though conclusions may differ.
tycho
#388 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:25:51 PM

Masukuma, symbols is asking if faith isn't in the science. You telling us God took you through rough patches because of faith, sounds superstitious doesn't it?
dunkang
#389 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:54:57 PM

ISLAMISTS ABDUCT 200 GIRLS IN SCHOOL FOR GOING TO SCHOOL!

As many as 200 girls were abducted from their boarding school by heavily armed Islamists who arrived in trucks, vans and buses, officials and witnesses said.

The Islamist group has recently stepped up attacks, and its leader released a video last month threatening to kidnap girls from schools.

Dozens of gunmen stormed the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok, on Monday night as the students slept in their dormitories, officials said. They engaged the soldiers guarding the school in a lengthy gun battle and then herded the girls onto vehicles.

Sad Sad Sad d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Pray Pray Pray

Some of this religions are weird. Or is it that they couldn't wait for those 72 virgins, they want them now!!!!????d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

masukuma
#390 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:02:21 PM

tycho wrote:
Masukuma, symbols is asking if faith isn't in the science. You telling us God took you through rough patches because of faith, sounds superstitious doesn't it?

there is a wrong thought that two have to be mutually exclusive!! they don't.... superstition is the belief that some certain rituals or observation have a real world relevance. Black cats cause bad luck, shaking people with left hands, twins, witches e.t.c. Religion is not superstition - it's a worldview.
Muriel
#391 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:29:12 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Muriel wrote:
Alphdoti,
My question, please, or is the comprehension problem persistent?

Which question? Please for the last time, point me to your unanswered question and let us be done with it!

Yaani you did not even see it? What were you responding to then? Or you just did not comprehend. It must be a persistent problem, then this comprehension stuff.

Anyway, it is here below and I have highlighted it for eye-catching emphasis.

AlphDoti wrote:
Muriel wrote:
guru267 wrote:
We have gone way off topic here!

All those doubting God's hand in the Earthquakes should wait for the big one about to hit the American Taghuts any time now!

I feel it will be their worst disaster yet Sad

Its amazing how guys here go to church every Sunday and call themselves Christian but one has to jump through hoops just to get them to believe their own Holy Book... Shame on you

The Messiah must and will return!

Earthquakes, then, happen to convince me that God is the one causing them?

@guru you see, the Christians don't really believe that the Bible is the word of God. Everything is there for adornment for beautification. Things that Jesus (pbuh) said, no Christian is prepared to pay attention or follow or do that.

So the problem is not about Earthquakes or anything... they don't really believe in their own book.

Even if you quoted them million verses in their own book, they don't really believe in their own book. They just pretend to quote the book... the whole lot @Nabwire, @muriel, @mukiri etc...

AlphDoti
#392 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:28:32 PM

Muriel wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Muriel wrote:
Alphdoti,
My question, please, or is the comprehension problem persistent?

Which question? Please for the last time, point me to your unanswered question and let us be done with it!

Yaani you did not even see it? What were you responding to then? Or you just did not comprehend. It must be a persistent problem, then this comprehension stuff.

Anyway, it is here below and I have highlighted it for eye-catching emphasis.

AlphDoti wrote:
Muriel wrote:
guru267 wrote:
We have gone way off topic here!

All those doubting God's hand in the Earthquakes should wait for the big one about to hit the American Taghuts any time now!

I feel it will be their worst disaster yet Sad

Its amazing how guys here go to church every Sunday and call themselves Christian but one has to jump through hoops just to get them to believe their own Holy Book... Shame on you

The Messiah must and will return!

Earthquakes, then, happen to convince me that God is the one causing them?

@guru you see, the Christians don't really believe that the Bible is the word of God. Everything is there for adornment for beautification. Things that Jesus (pbuh) said, no Christian is prepared to pay attention or follow or do that.

So the problem is not about Earthquakes or anything... they don't really believe in their own book.

Even if you quoted them million verses in their own book, they don't really believe in their own book. They just pretend to quote the book... the whole lot @Nabwire, @muriel, @mukiri etc..

Surely @muriel, was that question in red addressed to me?

My reply above was addressed to @guru, and I told @guru that you don't really believe in your Bible. If you were a true Christian, you won't ask such question. That is why @guru says it's amazing how you go to church, calling yourself Christian and I have to explain to you what is in own Holy Book! Sad d'oh!
hamburglar
#393 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:34:06 PM

masukuma wrote:
symbols wrote:
masukuma wrote:
symbols wrote:
masukuma wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Masukuma. How exactly have Atheists failed? Because they don't have faith? First of all, every human being, Atheist and theist is driven by hope. Hope is maybe the most important thing in life. But Us Atheists don't need faith because we rely on reason and logic. Faith suppresses common sense. You have no idea how many people i have seen having their lives ruined because they refuse to think for themselves and instead substitute logic with the faith that A non existent god will help them. I heard somebody once tell me that the acronym PUSH stands for "pray until something happens". That is very unfortunate because you can pray and pray and pray for years until you are blue in the face and nothing will happen.

Atheists haven't failed at anything, actually, it's quite the contrary, Almost all Atheists are very successful people who live comfortable lives. You will be hard pressed to see a struggling Atheist because it has been proven that not only are Atheists smarter, they are also more educated and more progressive. I wonder how you religious people fail to see this. But to each their own, you only live once, i choose to live a life that makes sense. Atheism is the best thing that happened to me. I have achieved so much since i stopped relying on faith and started using logic.

I dont have any regrets and i feel sorry every time i see a jesus freak or a bible thumper. They are always poor and weak minded people. If there is a god, why does he choose to bless us Atheists with so much and keep the majority or theists in poverty? You can choose to open your eyes and see the truth or continue to wallow in ignorance of make believe gods and violent religions. It's your life people.
masukuma
#394 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:39:21 PM

so @hambuglar - are atheists smart coz they are atheists? or atheists coz they are smart?
hamburglar
#395 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:01:30 PM

masukuma wrote:
so @hambuglar - are atheists smart coz they are atheists? or atheists coz they are smart?

Atheists are just inherently smart, period. The moment you decide to become an Atheist proves you have superior reasoning capacity and most likely more intelligence than the average joe.

Since i became an Atheist is my early twenties, i have never prayed or relied on a god or jesus or whoever theists pray to to help me in any way, shape or form. I have always used logic and reason to solve any problems i have ever faced and i hate to brag but i have found so much success living my life this way. I am successful, educated and live a very very happy and comfortable life without ever praying or stepping in church even once. I have also helped the less fortunate quite a bit and am still working on a project geared towards more of that. Riddle me this Masukuma. How come i and a bunch of my fellow Atheists seem to be doing so well in life while a lot of religious people i see everyday seem to be struggling? Remember, success and intelligence go hand in hand thus my initial assessment that Atheists are smarter people. See the correlation there?
masukuma
#396 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:21:35 PM

hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Atheists are just inherently smart, period. The moment you decide to become an Atheist proves you have superior reasoning capacity and most likely more intelligence than the average joe.

Since i became an Atheist is my early twenties, i have never prayed or relied on a god or jesus or whoever theists pray to to help me in any way, shape or form. I have always used logic and reason to solve any problems i have ever faced and i hate to brag but i have found so much success living my life this way. I am successful, educated and live a very very happy and comfortable life without ever praying or stepping in church even once. I have also helped the less fortunate quite a bit and am still working on a project geared towards more of that. Riddle me this Masukuma. How come i and a bunch of my fellow Atheists seem to be doing so well in life while a lot of religious people i see everyday seem to be struggling? Remember, success and intelligence go hand in hand thus my initial assessment that Atheists are smarter people. See the correlation there?

It's a fact that statistically Atheists are more successful than religious people - that is just a fact! the data is out there to prove it! it is not smart to argue with data! The data that is failing is the data that says rich atheists are richer than all rich people in religion. But however is neither here or there and is not going to prove anything anyway since there more poor religious people than poor irreligious people (except in china - but that is a different point yet again).

Religion is part of culture and tradition! It is my observation that smart people are able to escape shackles of their negative aspects of their culture faster - possibly coz they more travelled and escape their cultures/subculture and are able to question aspects such as religion.Judging by the time you join to post on the time you log in to answer i can guess you are possibly in the US - right? you escaped your culture and some was unshackled from what you consider useless aspects of your culture. you questioned that aspect and rejected it and your inherent smartness propelled you to whatever you consider success. As yourself the question - a boy born in rural Congo DRC with no access to education or shackle breaking travel but with inherent smartness - will he become an atheist?

On another point you are not an atheist you are an antitheist! you are an evangelist for the same (I think we have already handled this in another thread)
tycho
#397 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:42:22 PM

@Hamburglar, it's sad when you vaunt and praise ignorance as a virtue and even claim from the rooftops that you have it. Lol. You even invite others to your ignorance.

For example, you claim that atheists are 'inherently' clever, and more successful than the theists. What you seem to forget is that the theist and atheist may share some goals, but ultimately their goals are different. And that the heart of the theist is worn with many cares and suffering.

And you denying theistic objectives doesn't imply any superiority in any way. But you think otherwise because you're full of Babylon in your head.

At least you mention that you have hope. But then when it comes to showing that hope where it matters you are lacking. You have no hope in the theist; someone who presents you with the opportunity to express and share your hope. You have no hope in Man, and in fact, you have no hope at all.

You may think I am speaking falsely, but consider this, theistic wazua doesn't believe that people should go to places of worship to pray for money, and fame or earthly power.

The capitalist system will tend to reward those with the least barriers to action. And on this regard success in capitalist terms isn't necessarily human success. And can atheists boast of improving humanity?

In the end, I realize 'theists' and 'atheists' are merely words, what counts is the weight of the heart against the feather.

Liv
#398 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 12:05:09 AM

hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:

A fool says in his heart there is no God.
Nabwire
#399 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 2:28:42 AM

Hamburgalr you may wanna recant your stance. Atheism is a religion in of itself, I told you this before and here is the proof.
http://www.npr.org/2014/...-godless-picks-up-steam

Na uwache kututukana, I believe I am smart, maybe smarter than most, but I still believe in God!
hamburglar
#400 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 9:35:17 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Hamburgalr you may wanna recant your stance. Atheism is a religion in of itself, I told you this before and here is the proof.
http://www.npr.org/2014/...-godless-picks-up-steam

Na uwache kututukana, I believe I am smart, maybe smarter than most, but I still believe in God!

Atheism is not a religion. As much as you want to pile us Atheists with your religions, this is not going to fly. Atheism can never be a religion. We don't subscribe to such nonsense.

Na siwatukani, google is your friend. If you research you will find empirical evidence that says the average Atheist is smarter than the average theist. Blame the facts not me. I have not insulted anybody, i am just stating facts.

Nabwire, you like to distract from the truth by bringing up sensational lies. Keep it real my dear. Stop trying to be sly with your convoluted lies. i can see through the facade.