Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
VituVingiSana
#1781 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:06:36 PM

mkate_nusu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
hisah wrote:
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
hisah wrote:
Closed at 3860. To reclaim 4k handle, PPT needs to rump up 140pts - 3.62% rally tomorrow! The year low is 94pts away at 3766.

That would be a major comeback as the greens are trailing the reds ATM.
For now, i'm the shark waiting out at -10% bid prices vs yesterdaysmile

Oh well. I guess PPT are in holiday mood for any last minute rump. If the index closes down 1.6% today that will see NSE20 lose the 3800 handle.

counters are revisiting their all time lows seen kindu February

I expect a fed interest rate hike to see capital outflow from emerging markets. Take safety in quality stocks

A 0.25% hike by the Fed will make little difference to Kenya when GoK pays 12% tax-free on GoK bonds.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
hisah
#1782 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 9:46:36 AM

NSE20 closed the month @3827 while the monthly open was 4022. May was a down month (-4.85%) coming after some big banks announced Q1 2016 results and mpesa bank's FY with bears still rejecting any bullish advance above the 4000 handle, which has been a barrier since Nov 2015 - 6 months and counting!

This month Treasury presents the national budget, which is sizable and will definitely give the taxman a collection headache. Globally two events are closely being followed - Fed rate hike (FOMC meeting on June 15) and BREXIT (results on June 24). Another Fed rate hike will continue strengthening the USD, which will sustain the capital outflow pressure in emerging markets. While BREXIT (walkout vote) will shake market, but I do expect EU to force the vote the other side for they stand to lose a lot if BREXIT is triggered!

Sitting on cash while waiting for fatter discounts continues to be my strategy.

The sooner NSE20 resolves the sideways action (3700 - 4000 range) up or down the better so that we can get moving.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
mlennyma
#1783 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:16:19 PM

No hope this year,infact it now appears a second wave to the ground is gathering pace.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Othelo
#1784 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:23:37 PM

hisah wrote:

The sooner NSE20 resolves the sideways action (3700 - 4000 range) up or down the better so that we can get moving.

We are many in cash ........ we need a down ward move of about 7.5-12.5% to present discounts on some of the firms with sound fundees for me are Bamburi, I&M, Safcom and DTB!!!
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
muandiwambeu
#1785 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 4:10:23 PM

Othelo wrote:
hisah wrote:

We are many in cash ........ we need a down ward move of about 7.5-12.5% to present discounts on some of the firms with sound fundees for me are Bamburi, I&M, Safcom and DTB!!!

I love bulls and I hate the grisly bears. These bears are threatening to deceminate all bulls alive
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
hisah
#1786 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 4:29:51 PM

Othelo wrote:
hisah wrote:

NSE has a lot of stocks trading below KES 10 (15 counters and counting) as the mauling continues. You can imagine what happens on the next down leg! Single digit price flood!

Meanwhile June opens with NSE20 losing the 3800 handle and closes at 3799 for the day. Jan lows here we come! PrayPray

If the trading range (3700 - 4000) breaks down, I expect the forum (blue section) to experience posting winter as reality strikes with a thud!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
VituVingiSana
#1787 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 5:17:58 PM

@Hisah - The price is irrelevant, the value is relevant. A share trading at 10+ may be more valuable (PER, PB, etc) than one at below 10. Or vice versa.

Compare Jubilee to KQ.
Compare KK (at 11) to Kurwitu.

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Spikes
#1788 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 5:38:50 PM

hisah wrote:
Othelo wrote:
hisah wrote:

NSE has a lot of stocks trading below KES 10 (15 counters and counting) as the mauling continues. You can imagine what happens on the next down leg! Single digit price flood!

Meanwhile June opens with NSE20 losing the 3800 handle and closes at 3799 for the day. Jan lows here we come! PrayPray

If the trading range (3700 - 4000) breaks down, I expect the forum (blue section) to experience posting winter as reality strikes with a thud!

There must be a fierce battle. Discounts are offered now! Who knows, a rebound may start this month!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
instinct
#1789 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 6:09:28 PM

The NSE 20 Share Index was down 28.24 points to stand at 3799 Sad

...coz of things like this....DTK 170.00 9.57% ▼
Metasploit
#1790 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 6:13:33 PM

hisah wrote:
Othelo wrote:
hisah wrote:

I saw a preview of blood today

Co-op breaking a multi year support and almost breaking below 15 (15.50 was tested quite easily)

No demand for KCB even at 37..35 looks an easy target

KPLC caving..

ETC

What surprises me is the resiliency of EABL,SAF and Bamburi..The real bell weathers!!!

Saf has defended 17 with all strength but am watching it for the next two weeks!!

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
chiaroscuro
#1791 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 6:56:48 PM

investors worrying about market indices are like parents who worry about school means instead of their children's performance...
lochaz-index
#1792 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 7:23:02 PM

Finally. We may yet have a market after a seven month snooze fest. That February low needs to give way to the bear.

If tbills/bonds rates are bottoming out investors had better hold on tight coz this could be bloodbath. Eurobond talk has died down and the whole thing could have fallen through. (Of all African states looking to float a Eurobond this year I think only South Africa managed to pull it off...reason being the premium rates demanded by the market discouraged the rest.) Local borrowing becomes the only option for our cash strapped government and its expansionary budget.

Add to this an expensive debt basket courtesy of loans sourced from China and our debt to GDP ratio will balloon very fast. The implication here is we can as well forget borrowing from the international markets both in the short and medium term since the rates will be unreasonably prohibitive.

USDKES, this will be a rout, fed hike or not. Capital flows head for the exit and a dollar shortage comes knocking.

On matters to do with local banks...I have seen even the so-called lean, mean and conservative banks are choking under the weight of NPLs but the pain is yet to hit home vs their bottomlines.

That said, we need a proper reset of the KE economy and a squeaky clean washout. I consider GFC to have been the appetizer/warm up for what will eventually be the main course(present time) and frankly, we should be cheering coz the discounts may be way bigger than any of us ever imagined. Likewise, the ensuing bull run will be gargantuan.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Aguytrying
#1793 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 7:54:26 PM

When I saw coop at 15, Serena touch 20, diamond trust hit 170 and BBK go to single digits. I bell rang, a warning bell. The bear is serious.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
hisah
#1794 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 8:04:12 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@Hisah - The price is irrelevant, the value is relevant. A share trading at 10+ may be more valuable (PER, PB, etc) than one at below 10. Or vice versa.

Compare Jubilee to KQ.
Compare KK (at 11) to Kurwitu.

By stating single digit price flood I was looking at it from a statistics point of view, not fundamentally. Of course there are a number counters trading single digit price levels, but are absolute crap!
Othelo
#1795 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 8:12:45 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
investors worrying about market indices are like parents who worry about school means instead of their children's performance...

Let us wait and see bookmarked!!!
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
muandiwambeu
#1796 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 9:28:35 PM

Metasploit wrote:
hisah wrote:
Othelo wrote:
hisah wrote:

I saw a preview of blood today

Co-op breaking a multi year support and almost breaking below 15 (15.50 was tested quite easily)

No demand for KCB even at 37..35 looks an easy target

KPLC caving..

ETC

What surprises me is the resiliency of EABL,SAF and Bamburi..The real bell weathers!!!

Saf has defended 17 with all strength but am watching it for the next two weeks!!

Saf has combined efforts with kcb, equitel, nmg, centyangu, in smashing record time lows, see how synchronous they are becoming. Mammoth downward match it is. Seeing safcom flirt with sub 17s, kcb inevitably and no guessing sub 37 will now be, is no a laughing matter to just fence sit. That's the warning wave of an impending ground shake.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
lochaz-index
#1797 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2016 11:57:32 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
Finally. We may yet have a market after a seven month snooze fest. That February low needs to give way to the bear.

If tbills/bonds rates are bottoming out investors had better hold on tight coz this could be bloodbath. Eurobond talk has died down and the whole thing could have fallen through. (Of all African states looking to float a Eurobond this year I think only South Africa managed to pull it off...reason being the premium rates demanded by the market discouraged the rest.) Local borrowing becomes the only option for our cash strapped government and its expansionary budget.

Add to this an expensive debt basket courtesy of loans sourced from China and our debt to GDP ratio will balloon very fast. The implication here is we can as well forget borrowing from the international markets both in the short and medium term since the rates will be unreasonably prohibitive.

USDKES, this will be a rout, fed hike or not. Capital flows head for the exit and a dollar shortage comes knocking.

On matters to do with local banks...I have seen even the so-called lean, mean and conservative banks are choking under the weight of NPLs but the pain is yet to hit home vs their bottomlines.

That said, we need a proper reset of the KE economy and a squeaky clean washout. I consider GFC to have been the appetizer/warm up for what will eventually be the main course(present time) and frankly, we should be cheering coz the discounts may be way bigger than any of us ever imagined. Likewise, the ensuing bull run will be gargantuan.

Cbr was cut by 100 bps but the market didn't even register a relief rally...instead it is threatening to tank below the year's lowest mark. Actually scratch that, if it dips further it will be a four year low? Very interesting.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#1798 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2016 4:46:17 AM

@lochaz - A 100 bps reduction is peanuts. The lending rates are still in 18-24% for most loans. When GoK issued 30bn in TAX-FREE bonds in May 2016, why would a bank lend to (most) customers at anything less than 20% APR?
Spikes
#1799 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2016 6:45:43 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@lochaz - A 100 bps reduction is peanuts. The lending rates are still in 18-24% for most loans. When GoK issued 30bn in TAX-FREE bonds in May 2016, why would a bank lend to (most) customers at anything less than 20% APR?

100bps is enough to stimulate the economy. Give it time to sink into the entire system.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
VituVingiSana
#1800 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2016 6:55:32 AM

Spikes wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

100bps is enough to stimulate the economy. Give it time to sink into the entire system.

Liar Liar Liar but if you insist... I'll drink your kool aid.

@Spikes - Where are you based?