hisah
#1761 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:54:42 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:

@hisah and L.Index, read this....
http://www.businessdaily.../-/3b528oz/-/index.html
Interesting?????

And I'll take you back to May 2013.

Quote:
Kenya’s Central bank on Tuesday lowered its benchmark lending rate —the Central Bank Rate (CBR)— by 100 basis points citing the country’s low inflation figure and the shilling’s continued stability against major currencies.

Furthermore, the prevailing weather conditions continue to support a low and stable short-term outlook for food inflation in spite of the risk posed by floods on food production and distribution,” said the MPC in a statement.

2yrs later MPC sounds the same... Back then a new gok was setting base. We're now headed to another election, brexit, Trump presidency...

All the best!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#1762 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:52:10 PM

hisah wrote:

Interesting?????

Quote:
Kenya’s Central bank on Tuesday lowered its benchmark lending rate —the Central Bank Rate (CBR)— by 100 basis points citing the country’s low inflation figure and the shilling’s continued stability against major currencies.

Furthermore, the prevailing weather conditions continue to support a low and stable short-term outlook for food inflation in spite of the risk posed by floods on food production and distribution,” said the MPC in a statement.

2yrs later MPC sounds the same... Back then a new gok was setting base. We're now headed to another election, brexit, Trump presidency...

All the best!

Cable is going strong despite this.1.4707 ATM!Wow!!!
On Trump presidency, i expect a proper shave on the USD should this nightmare happen.
Let Yellen & co continue scaring us with FED rate hike.They will chicken out again in June.
@SufficientlyP
hisah
#1763 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:44:56 AM

hisah wrote:

Interesting?????

Quote:

All the best!

On Trump presidency, i expect a proper shave on the USD should this nightmare happen.
Let Yellen & co continue scaring us with FED rate hike.They will chicken out again in June.

The crowd is always wrong in the market. That you know SPT. Everyone expects the usd to tank coz of Trump. A very crowded one sided trade! If you were a fund managing a billion usd that only invests in bonds, would you be liquidating your US bonds to buy those in Euroland and Japan where we have those crazy negative interest rates? You would be doing the opposite - buying usd debt. Capital is flying away from jap and euroland, that's why I foresee a bond crisis as usd hoarding escalates leaving the rest in a bidless mess. A strong usd is the coming reality, which will break many usd pegs as the markets seize (liquidity vacuum). A very strong usd will force a monetary system reset. This is the future for the yuan cannot become a reserve currency overnight!

As for cable brexit will push it up. A stay vote will ensure cable trades 1.0 or lower vs usd since they'll be stuck with the euro!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
lochaz-index
#1764 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 8:23:58 AM

hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:

Interesting?????

Quote:

All the best!

The crowd is always wrong in the market. That you know SPT. Everyone expects the usd to tank coz of Trump. A very crowded one sided trade! If you were a fund managing a billion usd that only invests in bonds, would you be liquidating your US bonds to buy those in Euroland and Japan where we have those crazy negative interest rates? You would be doing the opposite - buying usd debt. Capital is flying away from jap and euroland, that's why I foresee a bond crisis as usd hoarding escalates leaving the rest in a bidless mess. A strong usd is the coming reality, which will break many usd pegs as the markets seize (liquidity vacuum). A very strong usd will force a monetary system reset. This is the future for the yuan cannot become a reserve currency overnight!

As for cable brexit will push it up. A stay vote will ensure cable trades 1.0 or lower vs usd since they'll be stuck with the euro!

Well put. There is too much scare mongering on the twin issues of a brexit and a Trump presidency. Smoke and mirrors game in my opinion. Joker cards are hidden waiting for the perfect moment with the perfect excuse.

UK is better off quiting than staying in the EU. When markets run amok, you don't want to be a sitting duck waiting for instructions from Brussels...it is way better to be fully in charge. Additionally, the EU needs Britain more than the other way around. The euro is the bigger mess and if Britain quits the remaining members will also question their membership.

USD is going to be bullish with or without Trump as president - I fancy his odds a lot especially considering the competition - after all Bush junior hacked it despite his many limitations. It is mainly a question of relativity rather than the USD being a solid option. The competition simply doesn't measure up so it still reigns supreme as chaos swirls around.

With real estate showing fatigue symptoms the world over(including KE), things are lining up nicely for serious haircuts.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mlennyma
#1765 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:00:02 PM

This red was too much,Lo!!!!!!
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
hisah
#1766 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:05:24 PM

mlennyma wrote:

8 gainers vs 27 decliners with 26 counters unchanged. That's 3 decliners for every gainer!

NSE20 closes down 1.05% from 3912 to settle at 3871.
Aguytrying
#1767 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:08:08 PM

hisah wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

8 gainers vs 27 decliners with 26 counters unchanged. That's 3 decliners for every gainer!

NSE20 closes down 1.05% from 3912 to settle at 3871.

Between now and next elections is a good time to plant.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
hisah
#1768 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2016 3:48:14 PM

Very interesting.

murchr
#1769 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2016 4:35:42 PM

hisah wrote:
Very interesting.

Emerging markets are now history, BRICs are in turmoil, apart from China which is growing but not at at the rate the world wants.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hisah
#1770 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 10:10:49 AM

PPT has 48 hours to reclaim the 4000 handle... Let's see if they can indeed rump up the market to close the month unchanged smile
Spikes
#1771 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 10:16:18 AM

hisah wrote:
PPT has 48 hours to reclaim the 4000 handle... Let's see if they can indeed rump up the market to close the month unchanged smile

@hisah What is the implication to the market when it finishes either way in 48hrs?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
hisah
#1772 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 10:42:34 AM

Spikes wrote:
hisah wrote:

@hisah What is the implication if in 48hrs market finishes either way?

Just saying it as a joke smile

To finish unchanged for the month, NSE20 must close above 4000. The monthly open was 4022. Since Nov 2015, the bulls has been unable to dismiss the bear pressure at this level.
hisah
#1773 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 8:51:53 PM

Closed at 3860. To reclaim 4k handle, PPT needs to rump up 140pts - 3.62% rally tomorrow! The year low is 94pts away at 3766.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#1774 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 12:59:56 PM

hisah wrote:
Closed at 3860. To reclaim 4k handle, PPT needs to rump up 140pts - 3.62% rally tomorrow! The year low is 94pts away at 3766.

That would be a major comeback as the greens are trailing the reds ATM.
For now, i'm the shark waiting out at -10% bid prices vs yesterdaysmile
@SufficientlyP
instinct
#1775 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:24:47 PM

What in God's name is happening to this market?
mlennyma
#1776 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:02:25 PM

instinct wrote:

Blood bath
Spikes
#1777 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:39:06 PM

mlennyma wrote:
instinct wrote:

Blood bath

I think we are headed a place of quietness as most of us are silenced by this thanking!!!!!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
hisah
#1778 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:54:16 PM

hisah wrote:

Oh well. I guess PPT are in holiday mood for any last minute rump. If the index closes down 1.6% today that will see NSE20 lose the 3800 handle.
mlennyma
#1779 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:02:17 PM

hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:

Oh well. I guess PPT are in holiday mood for any last minute rump. If the index closes down 1.6% today that will see NSE20 lose the 3800 handle.

counters are revisiting their all time lows seen kindu February
mkate_nusu
#1780 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:04:33 PM

mlennyma wrote:
hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:

counters are revisiting their all time lows seen kindu February

I expect a fed interest rate hike to see capital outflow from emerging markets. Take safety in quality stocks
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM